Report: John Fox could be fired [Update: He is]

YoloinOhio

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Broncos fire their HC for going 12-4, wins the division and the Bills just hired a HC that went 4-12, and was last in the division....

And some people here were apoplectic that Buffalo would consider firing a guy who went 8-7* this year. Some organizations just have higher standards.

I don't think Gase is in their plans.

And that should make other teams wary of Gase, as well. Edited by mannc

Speculation from some of the more reliable sources in Denver is that Gase is in line for the 49ers job, Del Rio for the Raiders. And I do think Peyton is coming back. In fact, I'm guessing he approved that leak about his torn quad so everyone knows that he believes that once it's healed he'll be the same old (well, the 38 year old version) Peyton. Gase to the Niners makes sense with Roman getting out of his way. It's looking to me like the Bills played this one pretty well. In the old days I could imagine them trying to charm Kubiak into coming to Buffalo only to have Elway outdo us. Which would have left us with the desperation hire.

Also. I am told Broncos have told all coaches under contract they are free to explore other options but have not been terminated

Speculation from some of the more reliable sources in Denver is that Gase is in line for the 49ers job, Del Rio for the Raiders. And I do think Peyton is coming back. In fact, I'm guessing he approved that leak about his torn quad so everyone knows that he believes that once it's healed he'll be the same old (well, the 38 year old version) Peyton. Gase to the Niners makes sense with Roman getting out of his way. It's looking to me like the Bills played this one pretty well. In the old days I could imagine them trying to charm Kubiak into coming to Buffalo only to have Elway outdo us. Which would have left us with the desperation hire.

Now that I think of it John Elway does love Gary Kubiak and credits him with helping him develop into a super bowl winning QB. I wonder if this is who Elway has in mind.

From Rotoworld, yikes!

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Broncos are not expected to promote OC Adam Gase to head coach, and it "would be a surprise" if they went in-house.

La Canfora continues and says "all coaches under contract are free to explore other options" after the Broncos and coach John Fox mutually parted ways Monday afternoon. It appears GM John Elway is prepared to blow this thing up, especially if he has some knowledge of Peyton Manning not wanting to come back for 2015. It's also possible Elway simply doesn't want to bring Manning back at his non-guaranteed $19 million. The Broncos still have enough to "win now."

Would we have rather gotten Fox over Rex? Thoughts?

That is the interesting aspect of Fox being canned.

Would we have preferred him to Rex?

Would we have been able to pursue him as hard and convinced him to come here?

And regardless of what the organization (Pegula/Whaley/etc.) may have done...what would YOU have preferred (you meaning the general Bills sports fan, not Rocky Landing necessarily specifically).

I have been thinking about this and I think I'd still rather have Rex, even though I am not 100% on board with the Rex hire.

@ProFootballTalk: Broncos let entire staff go? Yeah, that's not a ringing endorsement of Adam Gase.

No, they were invited to find employment elsewhere.

:nana:

Title of thread is incorrect. Fox asked to go he saw his time in Denver done. Mutual agreement is not a firing.

Mutual agreement=polite firing...

I wish a Flutie-like curse on Denver....

In the SB and yesterday, theyh just looke dlike a poorly coached/prepared team.

I am all for bringing back the days when the Qb wielded more power in running the offense, play selecting, etc... BUT this is the con to it. As the star QB gets old, the downturn drop off is steep, very steep! See Jim Kelly. Another con, watch Brady and Belicheat continue @ a high level for a longer time. They will fuel off each other to keep Brady @ the top of his game, the Pats* winning @ all cost... No matter who they crush, their opponent or the rulebook. Of course, they will throw in more cheats to keep things going, scatching and clawing tooth and nail to stay @ the top of their game.

Some have different takes on this. Some choose the Patriot* model and some choose the oldschool Manning model. The game is supposed to be about sportsmanship/honor. I don't like the the steep drop off @ the end of a career like Manning or Kelly, etc... But it is more honorable than the Bush League, dishonorable, win @ all cost BS Brady and Belicheat create... That changes the game forever, for the worse, IMO. Hang 'em up when its time because you are playing on the square, level. In the end, the game is better served.

Just my way too deep two cents.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Best NFL offseason ever, and the league championships haven't even been played yet! The speculation about Elway moving on from Manning does make some sense, although how they'd "have enough to win now" without him doesn't. Unless of course ... The return of Jake Cutler? Of Shanny, or Shanny Jr.? (No, not Kyle, I mean Kubiak). Let the speciation run wild!

Fox is gone. Entire staff was told they could seek opportunities elsewhere which is a polite way of saying, you're going to be fired when a new coach is hired. That includes Gase according to PFT.

Given all the success in Denver in recent years (nicely chronicled elsewhere in this thread) you have to wonder what is happening behind the scenes in Denver.

Something blew up over there like a bomb.

And if Peyton goes, where does he go? Somehow I don't think he wants to go out like this -- hence the leaks about his quad injury affecting his performance since the San Diego game (his last good game). To Buffalo? Hell no, it's cold! To a dome like St Louis, err, Los Angeles in a couple years? To Houston? Like I said, this is just plain fun.