NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In spite of what Pettine did, his bills defense was still ranked 28th in the league against the Run. Schwartz came in and fixed that. Don't underestimate his influence on this defense.

He also had better players than Pettine did a year ago. There's more than one factor at work here.

Something I posted in another thread that I thought belonged here. This was in response to someone pointing out that Rex is "only 3-9 against the Pats"

Which HC has a better record against NE? Is anyone over .500 against them?

I'll have to check post-season games, but looking at the regular season schedules over the last 6 years, the ONLY teams with 3 wins against the Pats are the Jets and Dolphins. Both at 3-9. No one with a better record against them.

UPDATE THE NUMBERS!

Just researched the postseason...

In 2010, The Jets beat New England in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Giving Rex a 4-9 record against New England, and the best record most wins against the Pats of any coach over the last 6 years.

Further Update:

Including the postseason, the Ravens are 3-4 against the Pats over the last 6 7 seasons (under Harbaugh), including their loss to New England this past weekend.

So, NO ONE is .500 against the Pats the last 6 seasons. Rex has the most wins against them with 4, and the Ravens have the best percentage at .428

Edited by DrDareustein

Locker room visit - hope the audio was down so he didn't hear the mediots trashing the selection!

B7PuMVFIQAAizDM.jpg

Actually, I hope he does hear it. Rex, unlike Saint Doug, actually gets off on that kind of stuff and will enjoy jabbing and jawing with the local reporters.

Actually, I hope he does hear it. Rex, unlike Saint Doug, actually gets off on that kind of stuff and will enjoy jabbing and jawing with the local reporters.

You know, when Marone surfaces again i think that persona will be gone. His first year Marone was great, then he decided to go all Hoodie...and it just was not him.

Unless.....that really is him and the real act was year 1...thats prolly more likely :lol:

BTW, what if they show Rex in the box with a Leafs hat on tonight???

You know, when Marone surfaces again i think that persona will be gone. His first year Marone was great, then he decided to go all Hoodie...and it just was not him.

Unless.....that really is him and the real act was year 1...thats prolly more likely :lol:

BTW, what if they show Rex in the box with a Leafs hat on tonight???

Yeah I think Saint Doug's first season was an act.

By the way, if Rex leads the Bills to a couple of Super Bowls he root for the friggin' Canes if he wants. :lol:

He also knows how to handle the Pats*

Lots of talk about how he's able to handle the Pats. He's 4-9 against them ! I hope he succeeds here, but It's not like he owns NE,,not at all. Belichick owns him.... He better " handle " them better than 30% of the time !

Lots of talk about how he's able to handle the Pats. He's 4-9 against them ! I hope he succeeds here, but It's not like he owns NE,,not at all. Belichick owns him.... He better " handle " them better than 30% of the time !

To put this in perspective, you have to consider Belichick's record against the league/other coaches.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24801910/look-bill-belichick-is-a-really-dominant-head-coach

Edited by Peter

To put this in perspective, you have to consider Belichick's record against the league/other coaches.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24801910/look-bill-belichick-is-a-really-dominant-head-coach

I am painfully aware of those stats :death: However, some posters act like our new coach has BB's number....... He is however an improvement on our prior coaches!

@jchenelly: Rex Ryan, Dennis Thurman, Greg Roman working phones, will travel to build top staff. #Bills given record budget for coaches & scouts. #NFL

OK that sounds great but who the heck in Joe Chenelly? I mean, he seems like a nice guy and all but I don't see any connection to any organization or press.