NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet the Bills are all set on Defense and suffer from offensive ineptitude.

What do you love?

Nothing makes sense. Rex's teams "play hard" even though they get blown out. He "prepares" them by never having won a game post-bye.

Many posters who hated Rex are now changing their tune. I suppose we will have to get behind him as well.

Some of you people amaze me. You want an experienced HC, well we got one. Ryan had success until his dopey GM depleted the team. If he brings in Roman, or Kubiak, or Trestmann then we are light years years beyond Marrone and his kids from Syracuse.

Two things that are blown out of proportion:

1. Offensive minded vs. Defensive minded. Every head coach starts somewhere. Do you think Bellichek is a defensive coach still?

2. Developed a QB - very few star qbs are developed by one coach. This idea is a myth. Getting an elite QB is more luck than any coach will admit.

Look at the 11 other candidates we interviewed. Take away Shanahan Sr and you have no other NFL HC experience except Swartz.

Swartz can hopefully stay and run his D. If not defensive talent is the least of our problems.

I think Ryan deserves a chance. His work with the jets was overall pretty good.

Also, kudos to the Pegula's for getting out there. 12 interviews!!!!!

Contrast to Ralph and his coaching/ GM searches. We should be happy.

+1

As I said in my text to you, this has Pegula written all over it. I can't even fathom it was Whaley's top pick.

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like this is Black Sunday. A proven failure HC, who is a blowhard to boot. Worst HC in the NFL last year---hands down.

Of course I'm worried about what it will do to the D, but I'll fell better if Schwartz stays. A move to the 3-4 would be ridiculous at this stage.

If Trestman comes (not my first choice, but OK) and brings Cutler, I'll explode. A crappy loudmouth HC and a QB who couldn't lead a girl scout troop. Beautiful!

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a very bad feeling about the Bills immediate future.

I gotta admit one of the highlights of this season was to shut big mouth Rex up after he stated his team would play 1000 times better in the second game against Buffalo. Then watching his jaw drop to the ground as the Bills pounded his hapless team 38-3. :w00t:

Dunno why so many fans are forgetting that Ryan just went 4-12 in 2014. Yet somehow now that he is the new Bills HC he will magically take the Bills to the playoffs. I remain somewhat skeptical, and hope for the best.

Nothing makes sense. Rex's teams "play hard" even though they get blown out. He "prepares" them by never having won a game post-bye.

Many posters who hated Rex are now changing their tune. I suppose we will have to get behind him as well.

I'll get behind Rex--I like him, he seems fun. Jus tdon't think this is a sea change in the Bills status. Strong D, no O. That was the Jets under Rex.

Well, I'm still hoping the Pegula's make a Bill Polian like hire to run the football side, and he fixes the offensive scouting dept. The only way this will all work out is if the Bills offensive scouts remove their heads from their backsides over the O line acquisitions.

With some of the 'heavy lifting' out of the way, don't be surprised if Pegula makes Polian 'an offer he can't refuse' after the HOF vote on 1.31

My question is... why is everyone so up in arms about the D. The majority of us were skeptical of him coming in and destroying what Pettine built. Call me crazy but Pettine ran a derivative of Ryan's defense. With the same defense. And it worked. We need to keep spikes and let him play next to Brown. And Hughes possibly leaving wouldnt hurt as bad. I like the pick up as someone earlier said he is a players coach. And he knows defense. I hope the OC he brings can either bring in his guy. Or can work with EJ. I like this HC pick because he has experience in the league. Someone we know what he is capable of. This man has been on a few occasions. An offense away from thr super bowl. He knows it too

not even remotely happy about this, a defensive coach would make sense if there was a problem with the d. but a coach who never seemed to be able to get a offense working right coming to a team that's weak point is it offense just seems stupid. yeah its splashy but i don't know if most bills fans are going to get excited about this one. hopefully the OC is makes it worth it

We had an offensive minded coach who was utterly offensive! This is where Ryan has the smarts on his second stint to lean on Roman if hired.

I don't think faithfully supporting a team and always hoping/believing something better is right around the corner is wrong.

So as you trash the next head coach of the Bills and say he is destined for failure, that's what you're doing?

Faithful and supportive indeed.

(I've gotta stop feeding this troll, i know. Sorry all)

Edited by DC Greg