Fred Jackson, Coaching Search, tidbits

PaattMaann

Some "insider info" and just general cool info about Fred, as well as the coaching search that Iearned about last night whilst having drinks with a friend "in the know"...nothing earth shattering but thought I would share...

Fred recently stated that he planned on playing for at least three more years...side note, and this should be no surprise to anyone, Fred is described by this person as the most competitive person alive who wills himself to do what he has done and will do...his agent basically said "Fred, your old and no ones going to give you any type of contract after this one runs out"...Fred said "what do I need to do to get another contract"? His agent replies off the cuff, "oh I don't know, score 12 TDs next year"...Fred said, "ok...I'll score 12 touchdowns then", in complete seriousness and WILL talk to his agent after every game updating him on his TD total and telling him to get him that contract

Terrence Mcgee is in awful shape physically, needs knee replacement, gets continuous treatment on his back and neck....poor fella, and a microcosm of what most NFL players go through on a daily basis when they retire

The coaching search: the pegulas are in the room with Doug and Russ for every interview. Doug is running the show completely asking all of the questions throughout the interview, except Terry throws in "random, off the wall" questions to each candidate as he sees fit, which i understand is equally hilarious and baffling

Kim has a very active roll in both the sabres and the bills, several people high up in each organization report directly to her and NOT Terry (this concerns me)

For what it's worth, this person thinks Kyle Shanahan will be the next head coach of the Bills

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Fred but he's a shell of himself. He will look good for 2-3 games next year when the legs are fresh and that will be it. He's a leader that's why he'll stay, but we need to dump Brown, re-sign CJ and draft a RB, dime a dozen.

I agree with the Shanahan link, from what I have heard he is the guy.

Some "insider info" and just general cool info about Fred, as well as the coaching search that Iearned about last night whilst having drinks with a friend "in the know"...nothing earth shattering but thought I would share...

Fred recently stated that he planned on playing for at least three more years...side note, and this should be no surprise to anyone, Fred is described by this person as the most competitive person alive who wills himself to do what he has done and will do...his agent basically said "Fred, your old and no ones going to give you any type of contract after this one runs out"...Fred said "what do I need to do to get another contract"? His agent replies off the cuff, "oh I don't know, score 12 TDs next year"...Fred said, "ok...I'll score 12 touchdowns then", in complete seriousness and WILL talk to his agent after every game updating him on his TD total and telling him to get him that contract

Terrence Mcgee is in awful shape physically, needs knee replacement, gets continuous treatment on his back and neck....poor fella, and a microcosm of what most NFL players go through on a daily basis when they retire

The coaching search: the pegulas are in the room with Doug and Russ for every interview. Doug is running the show completely asking all of the questions throughout the interview, except Terry throws in "random, off the wall" questions to each candidate as he sees fit, which i understand is equally hilarious and baffling

Kim has a very active roll in both the sabres and the bills, several people high up in each organization report directly to her and NOT Terry (this concerns me)

For what it's worth, this person thinks Kyle Shanahan will be the next head coach of the Bills

Thanks for the gouge, interesting stuff! Love me some FJ! FredEx Delivers!

Why does Kim's roll concern you? What kind of people report to her?

I love Fred but he's a shell of himself. He will look good for 2-3 games next year when the legs are fresh and that will be it. He's a leader that's why he'll stay, but we need to dump Brown, re-sign CJ and draft a RB, dime a dozen.

I agree with the Shanahan link, from what I have heard he is the guy.

After the season, I was wondering if not just Fred and CJ but Wood and Glenn were washed-up and needing to go.

After various stuff that's come out, I'm not willing to draw conclusions about the capabilities of anyone impacted by the OL struggles - including OLmen!

I guess one thing that puzzles me is: FJ and CJ both looked like a shell of themselves, production fell off greatly. We hardly saw Brown! So what's the basis for your thinking that we need to re-sign CJ but dump Brown and not count on FredEx?

Source on the Shanahan gouge?

Edited by Hopeful

I kind of hate you for the Shanahan news.

I am not a huge fan of that news either, but im just passing alog what this gentlemen told me

Did you notice I used "whilst" though?

Thanks for the gouge, interesting stuff! Love me some FJ! FredEx Delivers!

Why does Kim's roll concern you? What kind of people report to her?

Her roll concerns me because what does she know about football and or hockey!? She was a freaking waitress!!!

As far as exact people who report to her, I honestly do not recall but I remmeber thinking "wow those are some big names that are forced to report to Kim and not Terry or someone who knows what the hell they are doing"

Her roll concerns me because what does she know about football and or hockey!? She was a freaking waitress!!!

As far as exact people who report to her, I honestly do not recall but I remmeber thinking "wow those are some big names that are forced to report to Kim and not Terry or someone who knows what the hell they are doing"

And Kim must report to Terry, so I have no problem with this.

As for the waitress comment, for comparison, I know how a car works, and have done some of my own repairs, but you won't find me ripping apart an engine.

And Kim must report to Terry, so I have no problem with this.

As for the waitress comment, for comparison, I know how a car works, and have done some of my own repairs, but you won't find me ripping apart an engine.

Well jack, for all of our sake I hope Kim/Terry shares your thoughts on not ripping apart the engine...have the correct people in place and let them make the decisions and run the organization

Wow, Kyle Shanahan would be a very bold move! If he gets the job then he absolutely nailed the interview on what the Bills did wrong this year on offense and how he'd fix it. I think I could get excited if he were the choice.

I'd be good with Bevell, Reich or K. Shanahan. I just don't want a retread coach in which the Bills head coaching job was his "bottom of the barrel" last choice of where he wanted to be.

I know this horse is long dead and buried, but this is exactly why they needed to bring in someone else to run the football side. i don't care if people report to kim or terry since they probably know equal amounts about football. i just want to have faith in the person guiding this process for the pegulas. whaley's questionable judgment and brandon's phoniness leave me wishing there was another voice in that room. hopefully they make the right choice.

Edited by Dirtbag

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear about Terrance Mcgee, he was a hell of his player his first couple of years until he tore up his knee. Fast and a good kick returned, great cover corner.

Having had two knee replacements, one football related, 35 years after the fact, I would say get 'er dun.

I really hope that the Bills do not make an odd choice or pick one of the candidates for head coach that no one else is seriously considering.

Why? It actually would show that they are thinking outside of the box which is what anyone who is successful does. Following the pack of the other loser organizations that are looking for HCs isn't necessarily smart. Just look at what the Steelers and Ravens did when they hired their head coaches. No had ever heard of Harbaugh or Tomlin before.

Fred Jackson- heres what I would do. Keep him this year for a third down back role. He pass protects as good as anyone and also gets the tough yard. Additionally very effective out of the backfield. He cant hit the home run anymore but keeps the chains moving. If he handles this then give him another year at 2 mil. Once hes done make him our running backs coach if he desires!!!!

Fred Jackson- heres what I would do. Keep him this year for a third down back role. He pass protects as good as anyone and also gets the tough yard. Additionally very effective out of the backfield. He cant hit the home run anymore but keeps the chains moving. If he handles this then give him another year at 2 mil. Once hes done make him our running backs coach if he desires!!!!

agreed. I think his carries will go down a lot. But he will still have a role, esp as a blocker in the passing game.