How fun it must be to be the Pegulas

BMWR100RT

It's like a real life fantasy football. Crazy money, a passionate fan base, and time to get it done. It's like the ultimate excellent adventure. It feels like some crazy aunt and uncle are finally in the position to answer the question "If I was owner.....". However this turns out, it sure is entertaining.......

I've read people calling this situation "a circus" and saying the Pegulas are "in over their heads."

I doubt that's how they feel. I think they feel excitement as they think about - and work for - a bright future for the Bills. This is their first opportunity to make their mark on the team and start leading the team forward.

It would be foolish of us to think that all their initial decisions will be good ones, but hopefully they get the big decisions right. Like this HC.

Good luck to them.

Their professional hockey team, the Buffalo Sabres, is the second worst team in the NHL.

Trend regarding the Buffalo Bills?

:bag:

2nd worse now but will trend up quickly in the next 2-3 yrs, if they get one of the 2 tops picks this year maybe even quicker.

I don't think it's fun right now. They just spent their life savings on a football team and then the coach and QB quit out of nowhere and now they are under a lot of pressure to find a replacement. It's probably pretty stressful being them and trying to run all of these businesses at the same time. If I was a billionaire you would never see me again. I would be traveling the world and relaxing

Of course it would be fun to be a billionaire, own a bunch of oil bearing land, a pro football and hockey franchise AND still be relatively young (63).

I mean I'm sure it wasn't always fun getting there, but yeah.... That would be fun.

Really Id settle for the 4 billion net worth alone. Once you have that the hot wife and sports teams would come.

Their professional hockey team, the Buffalo Sabres, is the second worst team in the NHL.

Sure. Knock yourself out. :doh: Soon to be dead last, hopefully, so we can draft the next Andrew Luck of the NHL.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2nd to last now. Hopefully with a little luck will be dead last at the end of the season.

The Bills personnel isn't like the Sabres and football in general isn't like hockey. The Bills personnel is good enough on the defensive side to make a run at the playoffs. Just need to fix the offense, a couple of lineman and a QB (a big deal and not easy), and they should be in the playoffs and competitive doing it. The Sabres were no where near that and therefore were torn apart to be rebuilt again.

I don't think it's fun right now. They just spent their life savings on a football team

Great thing is...looks like they only spent about 1/4 of their life savings :blush:

Holy shite they got a lot o money....and this has got to be so much fun to them...which one of us would not give our right nut to just run the team...let alone own it!