What if our new coach is worse than Marrone?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if he's waaaaay worse? Has anyone bothered to ask themselves that question?

I know the Buffalo sports media hasn't. I know the professional Bills hater Chris Mortensen hasn't...but that's because no matter what we do, it's wrong....unless of course we hire Tom Donahoe to be GM again. Then Chris will forgive us.

The media ran Marrone out of town(without much thought), and are still killing hiim with story after story. They are the story now.

They are the story, because if whoever we end up with is a regression back to all the terrible coaches we've had since Old Whitey?

They will have to answer for that. You know damn well this board/their twitter/emails accounts will fill up with: "WTF did you do"?

The fans will hold them accountable. And there will be no "right to change my opinion" for them this time.

The media ran him out -- for questioning his decisions and not treating him like Vince Lombardi?

Marrone quit his team and you, the fan, with nothing more than a mass text.

It's beyond evident he's an OK coach with a massive ego and ridiculously thin skin. He deserves everything's he's getting, and then some.

He won't survive a New York second with the New York press. Good grief.

I'm not too worried we get someone worse than average, which is what Marrone appears to be.

And for billsfan1959?

Here's one of he "usual D-bags" to which I refer.

Kelly is still butthurt from PPP, and the performance of "his man", so he never shows up there anymore. Instead, he chases me around this board throwing bombs whenever he can.

Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for me, his behavior is so transparent(= why he got smoked so often at PPP, and doesn't have the sack to go back for more, cause he knows what awaits him) it's hilarious.

I believe doing whatever is necessary to keep the nonsense, in this case TMZ/fact-free/planted stories, to a minimum. I perform the same function here as I do elsewhere, unless I am hammered. Then unfortunately I am sometimes the source of nonsense.

But, just like Jerry Sullivan, I reserve the right to F around whenever I damn well please. Doubly so when it annoys the Kellys of this board.

Bringing up politics on this board is against TOS......keep it where it belongs

So the Buffalo media is the actual problem? Glad you cleared that up.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170230-the-bills-are-not-your-problem/

That was not his point. He was making an outrageous suggestion to somehow prove that those who are saying Marrone was a terrible coach are silly and are equally off the mark.

(Can't believe I am actually helping OC)

That was not his point. He was making an outrageous suggestion to somehow prove that those who are saying Marrone was a terrible coach are silly and are equally off the mark.

(Can't believe I am actually helping OC)

That's what it evolved to. When he's proven wrong, which is every time, he just changes tact, and then tries some other tangential insanity, acts like this is what he wanted all along, gets shut down by most everyone again, and then tries something else.

What if he's waaaaay worse? Has anyone bothered to ask themselves that question?

I know the Buffalo sports media hasn't. I know the professional Bills hater Chris Mortensen hasn't...but that's because no matter what we do, it's wrong....unless of course we hire Tom Donahoe to be GM again. Then Chris will forgive us.

The media ran Marrone out of town(without much thought), and are still killing him with story after story. They are the story now.

They are the story, because if whoever we end up with is a regression back to all the terrible coaches we've had since Old Whitey?

They will have to answer for that. You know damn well this board/their twitter/emails accounts will fill up with: "WTF did you do"?

The fans will hold them accountable. And there will be no "right to change my opinion" for them this time.

Late to the party.

Read my post above. I'm tired of "the next coach will 100% be better than Marrone, because if he isn't, I will look stupid, so I better keep running Marrone down as low as I can get him to go" save-ass behavior....that relies on TMZ-type reporting to fuel it.

That's what this is about.

Buuuuut, that's not what you said in your OP. What you said was the media ran him out of town and one day we're all going to get mad at them for doing so - not that he was run out of town, all fans think the new coach will be 100% better and now the fans need to trash on Marrone to feel better about him leaving.

Either way you look at it, I bet you're more upset about Marrone getting trashed in the media and by fans than he is. As an NFL coach, he knew this day was coming eventually...

Swartz will be Head Coach Pepper Johnson will be new DC and Hackett will be given the keys to the offense (Game Plans and play calling.) This will be done to keep unity in locker room an save money. If it don't work next year they will clean house

DM will not land a head coaching job in NFL ever!! Just a Guess I really have no insight .

Terry and Kim are in training now!!!

Foles was a fluke. Chip didn't even play him until Vick got hurt, and he's the sole reason for his 2013 success?

We all saw how Foles came back to earth in 2014 with Chip "developing him."

Due to Coach Kelly's smart system, Foles could have done a better job of calling the Bills offensive plays than shallow-MereText Marrone & his inept OC combined.

You're only fooling yourself if you really think Marrone's idea of offense compares even remotely close to the innovative winner Chip Kelly, who would have EJ in first place on the lead lap rather than stuck in reverse in the garage due to inept "coaching". Marrone couldn't carry Coach Kelly's water bottle.

The media ran Marrone out of town(without much thought), and are still killing hiim with story after story. They are the story now.

Dude. Fold the tab on the left into the slot on the right. Pull the pointed part up. Place the nice aluminum foil hat on your head. The voices will stop now.

Point 1: Media did not run Marrone out of town. He chose to leave, presumably in his own self interest

Point 2: If we wind up with a worse coach (could happen - remember when we were all so delighted by swapping George Edwards for Wannstache?)

Point 3: Just how do you think the media can be "held accountable" for anything they say and do, short of the victim sueing for libel? If people gripe and complain, to their bosses, that just means they're doing their job, stirring up page clicks and views and listens.

Due to Coach Kelly's smart system, Foles could have done a better job of calling the Bills offensive plays than shallow-MereText Marrone & his inept OC combined.

You're only fooling yourself if you really think Marrone's idea of offense compares even remotely close to the innovative winner Chip Kelly, who would have EJ in first place on the lead lap rather than stuck in reverse in the garage due to inept "coaching". Marrone couldn't carry Coach Kelly's water bottle.

So no QB's Kelly has developed then? Thought so.

First place on the lead lap? What Cliche for Dummies book are you getting this stuff from?

Your "analysis" consists of "Kelly is good, Marrone is bad, thus EJ would be a great QB." Kinda falters under even cursory scrutiny. It is amusing though.

Edited by FireChan

Impossible, Marrone is the antichrist and the root of all the problems in the world, no one can be worse

Fans in Buffalo are butt hurt cause Marrone did what they all wanted him to do, leave. Problem is they didn't get the result they wanted, a Vince McMahon style public firing of Marrone and Hackett

Impossible, Marrone is the antichrist and the root of all the problems in the world, no one can be worse Fans in Buffalo are butt hurt cause Marrone did what they all wanted him to do, leave. Problem is they didn't get the result they wanted, a Vince McMahon style public firing of Marrone and Hackett

That WOULD be epic - right in the middle of The Ralph! Hey, we can always burn effigies at Hammer's during the home opener...

So no QB's Kelly has developed then? Thought so.

First place on the lead lap? What Cliche for Dummies book are you getting this stuff from?

Your "analysis" consists of "Kelly is good, Marrone is bad, thus EJ would be a great QB." Kinda falters under even cursory scrutiny. It is amusing though.

Just letting the facts speak for themselves (not my problem if you cannot grasp facts).

Fact 1: Coach Kelly has more wins than Doug "abandon ship with a mere text" Marrone

Fact 2: Head to head, Coach Kelly's potent offense laps Marrrone and his inept OC

Fact 3: Coach Kelly has more back to back wins than Marrone (who really has the Bills defense to thanked for most if not all of his)

Fact 4: Coach Kelly just got promoted with more responsibility after demonstrating his competence; Marrone will be lucky if he is entrusted to lead a football team ever again after tip-toeing away in the night leaving others in limbo. The Marines would have taught him what Semper Fi means...

and, for good measure

Fact 5: Coach Kelly wins; Marrone whines (the $4 million he stole for doing absolutely nothing but waste the time of an organization and fan base can fetch him plenty of cheese for now to go with his whine). Leave the coaching to the likes of Chip Kelly, who could elevate EJ's game in his sleep, where the inept Marrone couldn't even do it up close and personal.

Edited by Lombardi1

Just letting the facts speak for themselves (not my problem if you cannot grasp facts).

Fact 1: Coach Kelly has more wins than Doug "abandon ship with a mere text" Marrone

Fact 2: Head to head, Coach Kelly's potent offense laps Marrrone and his inept OC

Fact 3: Coach Kelly has more back to back wins than Marrone (who really has the Bills defense to thanked for most if not all of his)

Fact 4: Coach Kelly just got promoted with more responsibility after demonstrating his competence; Marrone will be lucky if he is entrusted to lead a football team ever again after tip-toeing away in the night leaving others in limbo. The Marines would have taught him what Semper Fi means...

and, for good measure

Fact 5: Coach Kelly wins; Marrone whines (the $4 million he stole for doing absolutely nothing but waste the time of an organization and fan base can fetch him plenty of cheese for now to go with his whine). Leave the coaching to the likes of Chip Kelly, who could elevate EJ's game in his sleep, where the inept Marrone couldn't even do it up close and personal.

Still don't see a QB name that's been developed.

Also, lol at bolded. Stole? Really?