What if our new coach is worse than Marrone?

See the above.

I could have said something else, like, Marrone was sick of having no O line, and substandard QBs 2 years in a row, and that's why he quit. But, the Buffalo media is more fun to screw with.

In the end, all of this illustrates the point that the wild-eyed Marrone bomb throwers have no more evidence and/or substantive arguments for why he left....than I do for blaming the Buffalo media.

Actually it proves you will post bullschit you don't even believe because you're a bullschitter. :thumbdown:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference, and any HC can look at the Buffalo News, which is essentially a non-profit/money-losing organization

Hey Mr. Consultant Boy..yea of the smarter than anyone in the business world, and certainly on this board.....you really wan t to make the above statement??? You are so sure of all of your opinions...should we put any faith in them when this as far from reality as one can get?????

Spose you consulting Warren Buffet on why the Buffalo News has been such an under performing asset for 25 .i mean he is obviously an idiot...who loves to hold onto underperforming assets....so much so he dove headfirst into community papers 3 years ago.

Why do i let myself get worked up by this trolls... :doh:

Edited by plenzmd1

Actually it proves you will post bullschit you don't even believe because you're a bullschitter. :thumbdown:

And for billsfan1959?

Here's one of he "usual D-bags" to which I refer.

Kelly is still butthurt from PPP, and the performance of "his man", so he never shows up there anymore. Instead, he chases me around this board throwing bombs whenever he can.

Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for me, his behavior is so transparent(= why he got smoked so often at PPP, and doesn't have the sack to go back for more, cause he knows what awaits him) it's hilarious.

I believe doing whatever is necessary to keep the nonsense, in this case TMZ/fact-free/planted stories, to a minimum. I perform the same function here as I do elsewhere, unless I am hammered. Then unfortunately I am sometimes the source of nonsense.

But, just like Jerry Sullivan, I reserve the right to F around whenever I damn well please. Doubly so when it annoys the Kellys of this board.

Hey Mr. Consultant Boy..yea of the smarter than anyone in the business world, and certainly on this board.....you really wan t to make the above statement??? You are so sure of all of your opinions...should we put any faith in them when this as far from reality as one can get?????

Spose you consulting Warren Buffet on why the Buffalo News has been such an under performing asset for 25 .i mean he is obviously an idiot...who loves to hold onto underperforming assets....so much so he dove headfirst into community papers 3 years ago.

Why do i let myself get worked up by this trolls... :doh:

If you knew the story, you'd know that Warren Buffet bought many local papers, including the Buffalo News, as a public service.

He doesn't expect them to be profitable, in fact he expects them to lose $. However he believes that smaller cities need to retain their own local, and supposedly independent newspapers.

We can debate whether this is folly, given the internet's hegemony, and that there's no reason local news can't be delivered by local websites, or, whether this is cultural philanthropy, not much different than donating to the local arts/museums, and by proxy treating local journalism as an art form.

But if we do so, let's do it with the facts, shall we? You now have them. The notion that Warren Buffet = the Buffalo News is profitable? Fact-free. :lol:

You've just done a fine job of proving that I am smarter than you. So, the only trolling in your post and mine? You are trolling yourself.

Care for round 2?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Or he's a highly competent coach who took one look at a clown like Jerry Sullivan and said "I'm better than this, and dealing with this guy is beneath me. Any job anywhere is better than listening to these small-time hacks prattle on."

So, he takes his skills to the competition. This scenario is more likely than yours.

You aren't automatically an egomanic, because you say "I'm not taking this crap from you buffoons". You simply have self-respect.

again, any coach taking his cues from Jerry Sullivan should be fired immediately.

If you knew the story, you'd know that Warren Buffet bought many local papers, including the Buffalo News, as a public service.

He doesn't expect them to be profitable, in fact he expects them to lose $. However he believes that smaller cities need to retain their own local, and supposedly independent newspapers.

Of course he doesn't

Keep pretending you know what you're talking about.

http://www.buffaloguild.org/2013/02/07/2013-state-of-the-news/

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2012/02/14/buffalo-news-reports-lowest-profits-in.html?page=all

For the first time in at least 25 years annual operating profits at the Buffalo News fell below $10 million and the paper

http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-buying-newspapers-2013-3

From that article

:"At our cost, however, I believe these papers will meet or exceed our economic test for acquisitions. Results to date support that belief"

BTW, just hit me you had no clue Buffet bought the news in 1977....as community philanthropy right when the internet was getting big

But keep pressing how you are smarter than Warren Buffet Mr. Consultant boy , and spew the trash on this and other subjects you know nothing about.

Ready for round 3?

Edited by plenzmd1

Will the new coach be WAY worse than Marrone. In the first instance I'm not convinced Marrone was all that good to begin with, and he made a raft of bad decisions.I suspect there are a number of coaches we are interviewing who would be good head coaching choices and who definitely wouldn't be WAY worse than Marrone. Reich, Schwartz, and others are pretty close to a sure thing to be at least a good coach. There are some headscratchers bing interviewed (Ryan for one) but I'm hopeful.

But, just like Jerry Sullivan, I reserve the right to F around whenever I damn well please. Doubly so when it annoys the Kellys of this board.

Again bringing twisted politics into a conversation where no one was talking politics.

I know this has never occurred to you, but it's kind of amusing that no one ever agrees with you in these deluded threads.

Wait, I take it back. In some of them, 2-3 of the 10,000+ members over 10 or so pages will somewhat agree. That's not a bad batting average though. .0003

Edited by Kelly the Dog

And for billsfan1959?

Here's one of he "usual D-bags" to which I refer.

Kelly is still butthurt from PPP, and the performance of "his man", so he never shows up there anymore. Instead, he chases me around this board throwing bombs whenever he can.

Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for me, his behavior is so transparent(= why he got smoked so often at PPP, and doesn't have the sack to go back for more, cause he knows what awaits him) it's hilarious.

I believe doing whatever is necessary to keep the nonsense, in this case TMZ/fact-free/planted stories, to a minimum. I perform the same function here as I do elsewhere, unless I am hammered. Then unfortunately I am sometimes the source of nonsense.

Are you hammered right now?

Sure. But the better question is: do you see what I did with this thread?

It cannot have operated as desgined...if I started with some sort of meeting agenda memo detailing the objectives. It was designed to provoke the very responses it did...with the express purpose of exposing them as silly.

The problem is that your strategy totally backfired in this thread. Instead of making your point, you have riled many of the posters including some respected ones (despite your conviction to the contrary). You may choose to justify your position based on your professional career but the attitude you took and the way you chose to construct + defend your argument leaves a lot to be desired. You started off with a simple enough question which is worthy of discussion - matters can indeed get worse. But that hypothesis went out the window when you started down the "Marrone quit due to the media" path (which I entirely see what you were trying to do there) and proceeded to defend your supposedly brilliant debating strategy by a bunch of attacks and aggressive posts which worked totally against you.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I've said it a million times..this squad got very "lucky" to get to 9-7....i actually expect a regression next year unless the QB play is dramatically upgraded( and yes that could be with EJ).

Have said all along Marrone knew he was lucky as chit to get to 9 wins, ...why he opted out..he knew the gig was gunna be up next year.

I agree completely. He expected to have to use Manuel which in his mind meant below .500 barring a miracle, and tried to get the contract extension now.

No matter who the new HC is, it is very possible for the team to have a worse record next season unless, as you said, somehow the QB situation improves.

The problem is that your strategy totally backfired in this thread. Instead of making your point, you have riled many of the posters including some respected ones (despite your conviction to the contrary).

So what else is new?