Post Interview Rumors???

Kyle went to the press to air his grievances this week, then he had a meeting with Haslam and it's over. I don't think it has much to do with the Bills but we will see.

Tell you what I see. Hoyer to Buffalo along with Both Shanahans & QB coach

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how many of them would have raised the same concern/fears over Jim Plunkett, who in the final analysis is a Super Bowl winning QB.

IMHO, if anyone interviewing cannot grasp that football is MUCH bigger than the QB position we don't need them to waste our time anyway. Brandon has wasted enough time already.

Simply amazes me that Lombardi can win multiple Super Bowls with a lowly drafted QB, but modern day OC's are afraid of the challenge. Thank goodness the likes of Bart Starr came along well before these "experts".

No offense but what are you talking about? It is a QB centric league in 2015. Guys don't slip through the cracks as they did 40-50 years ago. There is so much more money invested in scouting and technology that you could find talent on the moon if it were there. Anyone about to embark on their 1st HC position is right to factor in what type of predicament they may be in without having a QB. Do they want to take this job and struggle for 2 years before getting fired and never surfacing as an HC candidate again? I am not saying that they WILL struggle but this is what is going on in their heads and rightfully so. :wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Brandon makes all decisions based on sales not interested on how it works out for the football side of the business.Hired Marrone because he wanted to tap into Syracuse market and tried selling him as innovative & cutting edge.Why didn't the Browns feel the need to give there coaching hire that same year (who they fired after one season)a 4million opt out clause?Now he is trying to push the Frank Reich angle on everyone (from our glory days).Great sales guy of BS not so good on football decisions.

Yeah, he wants to have a losing organization because everyone in sports knows that it is easier to sell a loser than a winner!! :wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

In case anyone is wondering exactly where these interviews are happening, and what the house looks like:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/17309-White-Haven-Dr-Boca-Raton-FL-33496/46627488_zpid/

some better pics here:

http://www.goldenbearrealty.com/property/rx-9978761-17309-white-haven-dr-boca-raton-fl-33496/

Edited by DrDareustein

I have a couple sources telling me that Pegula drinks black coffee in the interviews while Doug prefers bottled water. Brandon apparently prefers to hang from the ceiling like a bat during the meetings just to see if it throws off the potential candidates.

Lol at Brandon part

In case anyone is wondering exactly where these interviews are happening, and what the house looks like:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/17309-White-Haven-Dr-Boca-Raton-FL-33496/46627488_zpid/

The house impresses me in that, although it is very, very nice, it actually is conservative given what one might expect billionaires to have as a home.

The Pegulas are down to earth people - especially given how much they could spend on a house etc.

The house impresses me in that, although it is very, very nice, it actually is conservative given what one might expect billionaires to have as a home.

The Pegulas are down to earth people - especially given how much they could spend on a house etc.

I thought the same thing. "That's it?!?"

The theater room in the second link I posted is "ok". Shoot, ajzepp has a better setup than that!

Good for them for not letting it get out of hand.

No offense but what are you talking about? It is a QB centric league in 2015. Guys don't slip through the cracks as they did 40-50 years ago. There is so much more money invested in scouting and technology that you could find talent on the moon if it were there. Anyone about to embark on their 1st HC position is right to factor in what type of predicament they may be in without having a QB. Do they want to take this job and struggle for 2 years before getting fired and never surfacing as an HC candidate again? I am not saying that they WILL struggle but this is what is going on in their heads and rightfully so. :wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I agree the QB is more important now than 40-50 years ago. You are going over the top in saying that no one slips through the cracks anymore. We all know the examples Brady, Warner etc.

I thought the same thing. "That's it?!?"

The theater room in the second link I posted is "ok". Shoot, ajzepp has a better setup than that!

Good for them for not letting it get out of hand.

Love that about the Pegulas.

I agree the QB is more important now than 40-50 years ago. You are going over the top in saying that no one slips through the cracks anymore. We all know the examples Brady, Warner etc.

Fair enough, I shouldn't say ALL. When was the last franchise QB to be drafted outside of the top 75 picks?

Maybe it is Romo or Brady but that is over a decade ago. There is such a high emphasis on QB now that teams are investing higher picks on them. Guys really aren't falling through the cracks. Even Russell Wilson was picked in the top 1/2 of the 3rd and if he were an inch or 2 taller would have went in the 1st.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Hyman Roth's house in Florida: http://www.themoviedistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/thegodfatherpartii07.jpg

Let's look at the playoff teams this season:

NFC:

Romo - undrafted

Wilson - 3rd round

Rodgers - late 1st round

Newton - #1 overall

Stafford - #1 overall

Palmer - #1 overall (Palmer was the QB for most of AZ's wins)

AFC:

Brady - 6th round

Roethlisberger - top half of 1st round

Flacco - mid-1st round

Dalton - early 2nd round

Luck - #1 overall

Manning - #1 overall

So: Among 12 QBs, there are five #1 overalls, 8 first rounders, one 2nd rounder, one 3rd rounder, one 6th rounder, and one undrafted.

Hyman Roth's house in Florida: http://www.themoviedistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/thegodfatherpartii07.jpg

NFC:

Romo - undrafted

Wilson - 3rd round

Rodgers - late 1st round

Newton - #1 overall

Stafford - #1 overall

AFC:

Brady - 6th round

Flacco - mid-1st round

Dalton - early 2nd round

Luck - #1 overall

Manning - #1 overall

So: Among 12 QBs, there are five #1 overalls, 8 first rounders, one 2nd rounder, one 3rd rounder, one 6th rounder, and one undrafted.

His point was no one slips through the cracks. So out of 12 you have a 3rd, a 6th and an undrafted. That's 25%. It happens more than you think. BTW, Russell Wilson did slip through-every team passed on him, not once but twice.

NFC:

Romo - undrafted

Wilson - 3rd round

Rodgers - late 1st round

Newton - #1 overall

Stafford - #1 overall

AFC:

Brady - 6th round

Flacco - mid-1st round

Dalton - early 2nd round

Luck - #1 overall

Manning - #1 overall

If you take that a step further the teams that were just on the outside (Atlanta, SD, KC) they all have QBs that went in the top 5.

yep. Impressive, classy ... But not gaudy or intimidating.

His point was no one slips through the cracks. So out of 12 you have a 3rd, a 6th and an undrafted. That's 25%. It happens more than you think. BTW, Russell Wilson did slip through-every team passed on him, not once but twice.

Tom Brady was in the 2000 draft and Tony Romo in the 2003 draft. We are 12 drafts removed from Romo and 15 from Brady!! There hasn't been an anomaly in 12 years! RW MAY be considered an exception but again, he went 75th not 215th. If RW was 6'1" he would have went in the late 1st early 2nd. He was still projected a little earlier than he went. It isn't like he came out of nowhere.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I wonder where they sit for the interviews at the house

Dining room table? How strange must that be?

Poolside. With drinks - as they discuss EJ, with constant refills. Suddenly it all seems awesome! Where do I sign? Edited by YoloinOhio