Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Are you out of your mind?

Not in the slightest. Come on, you're an admitted neocon. You know this is exactly the kind of war you wanted to wage when your guys were pushing to tie Iraq to 9/11 on September 12th 2001. This kind of war keeps the fighting localized to a few global hotspots, keeps the munition orders churning, and allows the federal government to clamp down on activists whether they be extremists or not.

Not in the slightest. Come on, you're an admitted neocon. You know this is exactly the kind of war you wanted to wage when your guys were pushing to tie Iraq to 9/11 on September 12th 2001. This kind of war keeps the fighting localized to a few global hotspots, keeps the munition orders churning, and allows the federal government to clamp down on activists whether they be extremists or not.

You are out of your !@#$ing mind.

You are out of your !@#$ing mind.

Maybe. Yet I haven't seen anything to refute these points. Hell, the above were talking points in the lead up to the Iraq war. None of this is fabricated, it's just laying out what's actually happened in the ensuing decade of the war on terror.

And it looks like we're in for at least a decade more of it based on the current candidate's positions.

Maybe. Yet I haven't seen anything to refute these points. Hell, the above were talking points in the lead up to the Iraq war. None of this is fabricated, it's just laying out what's actually happened in the ensuing decade of the war on terror.

And it looks like we're in for at least a decade more of it based on the current candidate's positions.

Did they rush in, sure. Should things have been left to fester beyond a breaking point, no.

Are we going to be better for it all? Sit down for the answer to this one. YES!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

It's more likely our leaders are incompetent boobs than malicious schemers.

Did they rush in, sure. Should things have been left to fester beyond a breaking point, no.

Are we going to be better for it all? Sit down for the answer to this one. YES!

How will we be better for this? How have our lives improved because of this since 2001? As Americans you have a hard argument to make that things are better today because of the war on terror than they were before it.

Thus validating the first word in your Display Name.

:beer: Don't mistake what I'm saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

It's more likely our leaders are incompetent boobs than malicious schemers.

I don't deny that. But you don't have to be a malicious schemer to realize the unintended consequences of action when they smack you in the face. All you have to do is be willing to take advantage of it.

(meeting time, back in a bit)

Edited by Deranged Rhino

How will we be better for this? How have our lives improved because of this since 2001? As Americans you have a hard argument to make that things are better today because of the war on terror than they were before it.

I don't deny that. But you don't have to be a malicious schemer to realize the unintended consequences of action when they smack you in the face. All you have to do is be willing to take advantage of it.

Merely taking advantage of the idiots seems too unpredictable to maintain control for over a decade, as you indicated.

Not to get all Band-Aid on you, I say "we" as "the world."

Not to get all smart azz on you, but as an American, my life is more secure. I will just leave it at that. Would I still hold the same positiob as I did 13 years ago seeing how things have played out today. ABSOLUTELY!

In multiple posts you have been talking about the perma war and their interest in keeping it going. Sounds like you have a line of thinking behind that, what is it?

I think a perpetual war is a perk of the deliberate destabilization but not the overriding agenda. Generally I think the goal is to cause mass chaos to justify a police state or to dilute western culture so to weaken it to prepare for a kind of world government. Or both. Just a theory but there is something way out of the ordinary going on.

I think a perpetual war is a perk of the deliberate destabilization but not the overriding agenda. Generally I think the goal is to cause mass chaos to justify a police state or to dilute western culture so to weaken it to prepare for a kind of world government. Or both. Just a theory but there is something way out of the ordinary going on.

Yikes. Try eating a pancake for breakfast tomorrow instead of the Crazy Berries.

Yikes. Try eating a pancake for breakfast tomorrow instead of the Crazy Berries.

Understandable reaction on your part but it's Crazy Berries out there right now. When things don't make sense, like opening your boarders to a hostile population, something insane is going on and it's not me.

I've been refuting your points for a while, but clearly it isn't sinking in. Who's profiting from this perpetual war? DoD spending has been on a decline as % of GDP and on real US$ basis over time, and is a fraction of the spending levels in Vietnam & Cold Wars.

And if you invoke neocon theories into your discussion, at least you should understand that neocons know that a lot more profits are made in economies at peace than economies in war. There's not even a debate about it among adults.

Edited by GG

Let's not forget the REAL victim in this act of terrorism.........Obama

RtC1L5oL_bigger.jpgSam Stein@samsteinhp 7h7 hours ago

Obama just can’t move his focus away from the Middle East/terrorism. His Cuba trip now overshadowed by today’s events.

Sam is an editor at Huffington Post

I think that whatever we've been doing has been working. I don't think there is a reason so single out any group for anything other than heightened scrutiny. There has to be a reason why the US has not had a bombing attack of this nature since 911. I'm sorry but the Boston bombings to me are more along the lines of a couple of nut job loners. I was talking with my wife about that this morning about what we've been doing is working. How hard would it be to build bombs and walk across the southern border with them and start blowing up shopping malls? Maybe we're getting great cooperation from Mexico but knowing how corrupt things are there I highly doubt it.

Anyone willing to offer opinions as to why, with our porous southern border we've not had anything like what happened in Brussels happen here. Or is it just a matter of time?