Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Is watching that video similar to going to a KKK meeting and getting wide eyed over the impression you get of "white folk"?

I am not sure that it is or isn't because I don't have much interaction with Muslims TBH. Are those extreme feelings part of the smaller population? Do many Muslims carry those same beliefs but withhold them until the appropriate time? Their beliefs and treatment of woman are much different than ours, they don't assimilate with the rest of the population. That last statement is not 100% but it's not unfair, they form and organize communities that are non inclusive. Again, is that such a small percent that it's an unfair representation of their general beliefs?

Their differing views on some of our society's fundamentals is certainly alarming, if it's an oil and water situation why are we debating large scale immigration? The extremists magnify the situation, sure.

As much as I dislike Bill Maher, he is on point with this video:

The idea that two religions have to be regarded as equal in violence, intolerance, and oppression for the sake of equality is dumb. How does that even make sense? The sole reason for saying that is to prevent one religion from being marginalized, and eventually persecuted, but there is a line between persecution and shocking the religion into the 21st century. It is time for Islam to enter the 21st century.

Edited by What a Tuel

As much as I dislike Bill Maher, he is on point with this video:

The idea that two religions have to be regarded as equal in violence, intolerance, and oppression for the sake of equality is dumb. How does that even make sense? The sole reason for saying that is to prevent one religion from being marginalized, and eventually persecuted, but there is a line between persecution and shocking the religion into the 21st century. It is time for Islam to enter the 21st century.

I may start watching him after hearing that.

It's like the blind squirrel finding the proverbial nut.

I may start watching him after hearing that.

It's like the blind squirrel finding the proverbial nut.

Maher is a lot of things, but he's been the most out spoken voice on the left about religion in general but Islam specifically for years.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Maher is a lot of things, but he's been the most out spoken voice on the left about religion in general but Islam specifically for years.

Rare indeed is the liberal who DARES tell it like it is on Islam.

Most are too fearful of being labeled #raysis

Which is exactly what Maher calls out every week on his show, for years. There was this whole thing with him and Batfleck from 2014:

Ben Affleck is convinced he's a good actor so he'll believe anything.

Ben Affleck is convinced he's a good actor so he'll believe anything.

I'm not sure exactly what was going on with him, and don't want to judge because I actually like the guy (even when I disagree with him), but around the 6:00 mark while Steele is speaking Batfleck clearly goes to a very dark place.

Which is exactly what Maher calls out every week on his show, for years. There was this whole thing with him and Batfleck from 2014:

Good video. Kind of wish Affleck would've shut up and let the people who know what they are talking about talk on either side.

:lol: I'm not laughing at what you're saying, I'm laughing because that's exactly how I knew you'd react to that clip.

He is!

I mean the man is simply blinded to reality. When confronted with numbers from Pew, he just ignores them and tries to shout down the messenger.

Oh and Affleck also falls right into my point of "we can't criticize their religion for fear of persecuting them". We can't have zero tolerance for the beliefs of inequality for women, death penalty for homosexuals, freedom to criticize the religion without fear of death and reprisal because they don't all believe that?

Those are very real things deserving of criticism! Christianity can't get away without being blamed for the Orlando Nightclub attacks because Christianity of course created the repressed gay culture in the United States, but in their warped minds it would be racist, and intolerant to criticize the muslim faith for that very thing.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/12/aclu-lawyers-blames-christians-for-orlando-terror-attack/

"Chase Strangio, a staff attorney with the ACLU’s LGBT and AIDS Project, claimed the social and political environment cultivated by Christian conservatives in recent months was to blame for the shooting at Pulse, a nightclub popular with Orlando’s LGBT community.

Strangio also called for solidarity between American Muslims and LGBT communities, arguing both are maligned and oppressed by the religious right."

Edited by What a Tuel

Oh and Affleck also falls right into my point of "we can't criticize their religion for fear of persecuting them". We can't have zero tolerance for the beliefs of inequality for women, death penalty for homosexuals, freedom to criticize the religion without fear of death and reprisal because they don't all believe that?

Those are very real things deserving of criticism! Christianity can't get away without being blamed for the Orlando Nightclub attacks because Christianity of course created the repressed gay culture in the United States, but in their warped minds it would be racist, and intolerant to criticize the muslim faith for that very thing.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/12/aclu-lawyers-blames-christians-for-orlando-terror-attack/

Maher's right when he criticizes the left for this hypocrisy. They criticize and marginalize christians because they know that christians won't behead them. But Muslims? NOOOOOO.

"Chase Strangio, a staff attorney with the ACLU’s LGBT and AIDS Project, claimed the social and political environment cultivated by Christian conservatives in recent months was to blame for the shooting at Pulse, a nightclub popular with Orlando’s LGBT community.

Strangio also called for solidarity between American Muslims and LGBT communities, arguing both are maligned and oppressed by the religious right."

what the actual !@#$?

is that guy for real?

I'm not sure exactly what was going on with him, and don't want to judge because I actually like the guy (even when I disagree with him), but around the 6:00 mark while Steele is speaking Batfleck clearly goes to a very dark place.

Yes and the discussion in the video highlights that Muslims that are true to their faith won't really find the typical American way of life all that compatible with their beliefs. We're just not all that compatible with each other.

This guy has a knack for foreseeing these sort of things.

Or he's got intelligence that only those in certain positions in Washington have access to.