My coaching prediction

Nasty

Mike Shanahan - head coach

Kyle Shanahan -OC

Jim Schwartz - DC

Whaley trades with the Redskins to acquire K. Cousins or with Chicago for J. Cutler (both qb's drafted by Mike at his last two respected job) all this to create competition with EJ

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Shanahan -OC

Jim Schwartz - DC

Whaley trades with the Redskins to acquire K. Cousins or with Chicago for J. Cutler (both qb's drafted by Mike at his last two respected job) all this to create competition with EJ

competition? ej couldn't beat out the moist sponge i use to cleanse my soup bowls, much less cutty-cuts.

An excellent line up there OP. Not exactly my first choice, but certainly something the entire organization can live with to rid the stench of failure of what's his name. Where K. Cousins is a wise choice, J. Cutler needs to keep his drama in Chicago. The last thing the Bills organization needs right now is a major distraction taking away from the total team concept. Give me five slow Larry Birds and I'll always find a way to beat the prima donnas & all their %$#& drama.

I really hope not. I like Mike, not his son. Its a good prediction, but its also the safe, boring move. Its kinda scaredy cat move, Doug Marrone would make that move if he were GM... I think Pegula wants to go big

Hiring the Shanahans, who come with probably the biggest price tag going, would be a big move for Pegula. On the one hand, I want new blood. On the other, Mike brings instant national credibility to the Bills overnight. He could attract the best and most experienced coaches, free agents, you name it. It's really the most un-Bills thing this organization could do, and would provide Pegula the big splash he's looking for.

I'm still hoping for Pep or Bevell, personally.

I really hope not. I like Mike, not his son. Its a good prediction, but its also the safe, boring move. Its kinda scaredy cat move, Doug Marrone would make that move if he were GM... I think Pegula wants to go big

In this scenario please define what "BIG" means? They're all retreads or hasn't beens

Kyle Shanahan -OC

Jim Schwartz - DC

That would indeed...be "nasty"

So we're trading, who do we give up to get this guy that "creates competition"?

Edited by Hopeful

Mike has the cachet of the Superbowls, and has crafted winning records (albeit scarce playoff appearances, and even scarcer playoff wins) with some pretty scratchy QB

What has he done lately? Not impressed with the personnel he brought in for the later-years Broncos or Washington.

Kyle Shanahan is like Frank Reich to me - a minimally experienced coach, only without the wealth of "been there done that" experience.

It's always a difficult thing when you have relatives (or even close friends of the boss) in a position of power. It automatically clogs up the lines of communication because if there's an issue, well, who wants to complain to Mike about his son?

I think Shanahan wants to be le Grand Frommage. HC and VP of Ops with GM reduced to a scouting/researching function. So I think if he comes, Whaley goes.

I think Shanahan wants to attract his own coordinators, thus doesn't likely want to keep Schwartz. And does he have the track record of pointing to his coordinators and saying "look here, they're All That and a Bag of Chips" which would make Schwartz ( who almost certainly wants to be a HC again some day) feel it's in his interest to negotiate to stay?

I don't know if I'd describe it as a "scaredy cat move" but it's certainly a "blinded by the light" catch-a-former-star head coach kind of move.

What would "go big" mean to you?

Kyle Shanahan -OC

Jim Schwartz - DC

I'm totally cool with this minus the Cousins part.

That would indeed...be "nasty"

So we're trading, who do we give up to get this guy that "creates competition"?

I don't know who or what we would trade maybe a 2016 3rd rounder for Cousins but I trust Whaley and everything he is doing