List of Bills Head Coaching Candidates w/Status

kasper13

Who we know about so far. No particular order:

1. Adam Gase-Broncos OC-Interviewed Saturday

2. Pat Shurmur- Eagles OC- Granted permission for interview.

3. Frank Reich- Chargers OC- Interview today.

4. Mike Shanahan-Unemployed- Interviewed Sunday

5. Teryl Austin- Lions DC- Request for interview

6. Rex Ryan- Unemployed-Interest expressed

7. Jim Schwartz-Bills DC- Interest expressed

8. Dan Quinn- Seahawks DC- Interviewed Saturday

9. Darrell Bevell- Seahawks OC- Interviewed Saturday

10. Hue Jackson- Bengals OC-Request for interview

11. Pep Hamilton- Colts OC- Request for Interview- Will not happen this week.

12. Josh McDaniels-Patriots OC- Interest expressed

Edited by kasper13

Bring me Rex Ryan. He's funny, and the players love him. And I think he can coach.

He took the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games with the Sanchize, then the GM (Idzik?) throttled down the offensive talent even more, I think he can coach but was dealt a crappy hand in NY, at least Doug appears to be trying to get better... Not sure how he would do in Buffalo, but I wouldn't be upset with him as coach, but I would prefer an offensive guy and keep Schwartz if possible.

He took the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games with the Sanchize, then the GM (Idzik?) throttled down the offensive talent even more, I think he can coach but was dealt a crappy hand in NY, at least Doug appears to be trying to get better... Not sure how he would do in Buffalo, but I wouldn't be upset with him as coach, but I would prefer an offensive guy and keep Schwartz if possible.

Not That I want R.R., but we wouldn't need Schwartz as Ryan is just as capable on the defensive side of the ball,

Rex didn't do that. Schottenheimer did. Rex has made it no secret that he was hands off on offense. If that is the case, why not stick with Schwartz?

Edited by jeremy2020

I think Rex can do just fine. Vick was too old and flaws in his game were known league wide... Geno Smith is a mess, he was considered highly talented but a seriously deep work in progress. How is Rex's fault?... the GM screwed him with crappy talent! Yet, they were forced to put him in as a starter too soon... in NYC none the less....potentially ruining Smith.

The almighty and nearly holy 0:) Chip Kelly made Sanchez serviceable at best. Rex could not do something similar at the time, that's because Sanchez stinks. The Eagles are now a "system" offense like N.E. Put anyone in there and they look better (Matt Castle). Simple and super fast.

3. Frank Reich- Chargers OC- Interviewed Sunday

Thank you for this list. My brain needed it!

Bring me Rex Ryan. He's funny, and the players love him. And I think he can coach.

Too much drama and chatter. He's funny and has great pressers but honestly it's the 3 hours on Sunday that I'm worried about with him. Look at all the coaches who have won the superbowl in the last 10 years. Stand up is not one of their traits.

Please Mr Pegula, don't strap us with another NFL loser. We don't need Shanahan, or Ryan or Austin. Pick someone with a winning record. We need a leader and someone who knows the rules and can coach. No more egotistical prima donnas and nobody that hasn't coached in the NFL as the lead time to get it figured out is too great.

3. Frank Reich- Chargers OC- Interview today.

I missed the Shanahan interview. Where did they interview him?