How do you feel right now if you are Sammy Watkins?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He must feel like he wishes he got drafted to any other team.

First he plays the whole season hurt with below average QBs throwing him uncatchable passes on the regular

He is asked about his injuries by the media, answers honestly, and is scolded by his head coach for talking about his injury

His coaches/QBs fail to throw him the ball in big games despite being open and the team's #1 WR

He is constantly compared to other rookie WRs who are getting more targets and playing with better QBs - and needs to somehow prove more than anyone else because he was the subject of a mega trade.

He is 18 yards from 1000 on the season and they stop throwing to him in a meaningless game.

Jerry Sullivan calls him out on Twitter because he said he was bored (while in Ft Myers)

Then the head coach quits after his rookie season and claims the crux of the issue that led to him leaving was because of the trade that led to him being a Bill

Let's hope things get better before he's a FA.

He might just want to take out his bank statement and giver 'er a look.

Seriously though, every year teams go looking for a HC, GM, OC, DC. It's part of the reality of life in pro sports. I doubt Sammy expected the Bills would be one big happy family where everybody stayed together for years and years and years. Plus with Marrone gone, so is Young Nathaniel most likely, along with Pat Morris, so if anything, life on the Bills should be looking rosy as all hell for Mr. Watkins.

Edited by yungmack

He must feel like he wishes he got drafted to any other team.

First he plays the whole season hurt with below average QBs throwing him uncatchable passes on the regular

He is asked about his injuries by the media, answers honestly, and is scolded by his head coach for talking about his injury

His coaches/QBs fail to throw him the ball in big games despite being open and the team's #1 WR

He is constantly compared to other rookie WRs who are getting more targets and playing with better QBs - and needs to somehow prove more than anyone else because he was the subject of a mega trade.

He is 18 yards from 1000 on the season and they stop throwing to him in a meaningless game.

Jerry Sullivan calls him out on Twitter because he said he was bored (while in Ft Myers)

Then the head coach quits after his rookie season and claims the crux of the issue that led to him leaving was because of the trade that led to him being a Bill

Let's hope things get better before he's a FA.

Right, it's all everyone's fault around him. Naturally the WRs that did better had perfectly thrown balls all season.

Do you ever look at stats and data?

Watkins ranked 21st (according to ESPN) in targets, same as Calvin Johnson.

All we heard about when we drafted him was about the damage he was going to do after catching the ball. He had a few big plays after the catch but most of the time he was no better than the average NFL WR.

And what, Benjamin, Evans, Landry, and Matthews all had great QBs throwing them the ball perfectly on target all the time?

Maybe we should be asking fans how they feel now lighter by 1st and 4th round picks heading into the draft.

Poor poor Watkins, did everything perfectly, nothing his fault. Come on ...

Right, it's all everyone's fault around him. Naturally the WRs that did better had perfectly thrown balls all season.

How many games did Calvin Johnson miss this year? How many did Sammy miss?

Yeah, stats without context are meaningless.

All we heard about when we drafted him was about the damage he was going to do after catching the ball. He had a few big plays after the catch but most of the time he was no better than the average NFL WR.

And what, Benjamin, Evans, Landry, and Matthews all had great QBs throwing them the ball perfectly on target all the time?

Maybe we should be asking fans how they feel now lighter by 1st and 4th round picks heading into the draft.

I know that you are trolling as usual but as far as targets per game go: Benjamin 9.125, Beckham, 11, Evans 8.26666, Watkins 8, Landry 6.9375. So while Benjamin (for example) finished a whopping 26 yards ahead of Watkins he had another 18 balls thrown his way by a far superior QB.

Almost 1,000 yards receiving and 6 TD's in his rookie season with Kyle freaking Orton throwing him the ball. I don't have a problem with that at all. Of course we can view everything from a revisionist perspective here and say he didn't have the value of a Beckham or Evans, but can anyone really say that that's a fact? The reality here is that we have no idea. Watkins put up his numbers with some nagging injuries during the season that these other guys didn't have to deal with. The young man has the potential to really be something special. I for one, am glad that the Bills just went ahead and got the guy they wanted. He did cost a lot to this team, but honestly, I don't really care all that much. He's the best receiver this team has had in a long long time.

Ridiculous isn't it? Like the team "owes" him something for trading up and drafting 4th overall. And anyone watching the games realizes he didn't get more targets because a) he wasn't getting open, b) he was dropping easy catches and c) he doesn't win "jump balls" Edited by JTSP

Ridiculous isn't it? Like the team "owes" him something for trading up and drafting 4th overall. And anyone watching the games realizes he didn't get more targets because a) he wasn't getting open, b) he was dropping easy catches and c) he doesn't win "jump balls"

Bust !!

I am sure they are wondering how their careers would look right now if it weren't for Marrone. The following:

Woods

Urbik

Williams

Watkins

CJ

The thing is Yolo, Urbik, Williams and Spiller are not very good players.

Woods and Sammy did well with bargain basement qbs. Assuming we get someone else in, it will get better. Seriously, how much worse can it get than Manuel and Orton?

The thing is Yolo, Urbik, Williams and Spiller are not very good players.

Woods and Sammy did well with bargain basement qbs. Assuming we get someone else in, it will get better. Seriously, how much worse can it get than Manuel and Orton?

Williams and Spiller were good prior to playing for Marrone. Urbik was decent. I blamed all the players before all of this... Now I just don't know.

Ridiculous isn't it? Like the team "owes" him something for trading up and drafting 4th overall. And anyone watching the games realizes he didn't get more targets because a) he wasn't getting open, b) he was dropping easy catches and c) he doesn't win "jump balls"

Oh boy...

If I'm Sammy:

I feel young, fit, and wealthy. I feel blessed to make a living as a star athlete. Maybe I feel a little cold, because I live in Buffalo.

So what is his, or any other NFL high draft pick's motivation? Surely he shouldn't be satisfied with losing? I mean, that would be acceptable to you as a fan?

If I'm Watkins, I feel like I'm pretty set monetarily, and now want to excel among MY PEERS, because that is who I would be measuring myself against.

Edited by HoF Watkins