Here's wishing Marone is watching NFL on TV this year

Mr. T

It seemed immediately after Marone quit on his players New Years Eve he was heading to the Jets. A lot of indicators seemed to point to that outcome. However, after seeing the NY media's negative reaction to this happening that is now not quite so certain. The Jets are interviewing a lot of other candidates who I could easily see them hire instead of Marone.

There is word the Falcons may be interested also, but again he is just one of a bunch of others they are interested in.

I would think with his "average" record as a HC, combined with a lot of the negative national press he's received on quitting on his team, combined with reports that he trashed the team on his way out, other teams (Owners) may at least be somewhat skeptical about taking the SOB into their fold.

I REALLY hope the sh*t for brains is stuck watching the NFL on TV every Sunday from here on out. Maybe he can go back to Syracuse, oh wait, never mind. How about the UB Bulls, oh wait! Maybe Canada?

Edited by Mr. T

I REALLY hope the sh*t for brains is stuck watching the NFL on TV every Sunday from here on out. Maybe he can go back to Syracuse, oh wait, never mind.

I had the same thought. Nothing would please m.e more than to see him have to take a demotion or be out of the NFL. He is very high on my shitlist. Friggin butface.

I would take some pleasure in that as well. Especially, given the manner in which he left...preaching family and then texting the players. The players, if nobody else, deserve better.

My preference, however, would be that he takes the Jets job....never wins a game against the Bills...and then gets canned after two sub .500 seasons.

I would take some pleasure in that as well. Especially, given the manner in which he left...preaching family and then texting the players. The players, if nobody else, deserve better.

My preference, however, would be that he takes the Jets job....never wins a game against the Bills...and then gets canned after two sub .500 seasons.

Yes.

Not to mention how he left all his Assistant coaches hanging out to dry. I'd love to know how that is being viewed throughout the league? Well maybe Nate will still come over to the house on Sundays to watch the games with big brother Dougy.

With these articles coming out, it may bury him. I'm sure too all the writers in Buffalo are scouring their sources to find more bad stuff to release on him right now to make him look even worse.

I think he may have made a slight over calculation of his importance. Will be interesting to what the next week brings. There's always the Raiders!

Well said.

As I wrote in another post, if the Jets get cold feet and leave him at the alter, Marrone may never be a HC in the NFL again. That would serve him and Sexton right for overplaying their hand..

I would hate for him to double dip as well.

St. Doug may well have coached his last game as a HC in the NFL.

It seemed immediately after Marone quit on his players New Years Eve he was heading to the Jets. A lot of indicators seemed to point to that outcome. However, after seeing the NY media's negative reaction to this happening that is now not quite so certain. The Jets are interviewing a lot of other candidates who I could easily see them hire instead of Marone.

There is word the Falcons may be interested also, but again he is just one of a bunch of others they are interested in.

I would think with his "average" record as a HC, combined with a lot of the negative national press he's received on quitting on his team, combined with reports that he trashed the team on his way out, other teams (Owners) may at least be somewhat skeptical about taking the SOB into their fold.

I REALLY hope the sh*t for brains is stuck watching the NFL on TV every Sunday from here on out. Maybe he can go back to Syracuse, oh wait, never mind. How about the UB Bulls, oh wait! Maybe Canada?

maybe I should have titled my thread differently.

I REALLY hope the sh*t for brains is stuck watching the NFL on TV every Sunday from here on out.

I don't. Not yet. Let that can come in another year or two after he bombs with the Jets. I want to see him run them further into the ground before he's jettisoned for good.

He's a jerk for not making a statement to Bills fans. And he should have called each player individually.

It just makes you appreciate guys like Gailey more (probably jauron too). I recall him making a very sincere statement after he was fired. The media and us fans were also very hard on him. The difference between him and Marrone is that Gailey was a man and he understood the role.

Marrone was a coward and couldn't handle the shift from everyone kissing his ass in Syracuse to the nfl. Nobody should be surprised by this though. The st. Doug story from training camp gave us a glimpse into his attitude.