Minority coaching interview

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't beleive it would be Donnie Henderson or Pepper Johnson with Schwartz still with the team. Does Josh McDaniels have a distant relative from South Carolina???

Isn't it basically covered by virtue of Doug Whaley leading the search and doing the interviews?

I hope it is Todd Bowles as well. I feel like it would be incredibly frustrating if you were Pepper and you KNEW the only reason you were getting interviewed was to fulfill the requirement and had no real shot at getting the job. I suppose you could argue he gets good practice or whatever, but still that would have to be frustrating.

Edited by Lord_MacDonald

I hope it is Todd Bowles as well. I feel like it would be incredibly frustrating if you were Pepper and you KNEW the only reason you were getting interviewed was to fulfill the requirement and had not real shot at getting the job. I suppose you could argue he gets good practice or whatever, but still that would have to be frustrating.

It's good for guys like him who have no real chance of getting the job. It's frustrating for someone like Hue Jackson who thinks he has a legitimate chance and realizes he's being used.

It's good for guys like him who have no real chance of getting the job. It's frustrating for someone like Hue Jackson who thinks he has a legitimate chance and realizes he's being used.

Well said KTD. With that being said I would think that Pepper would be the guy if they have their eye on someone. If it is someone like Bowles it's because he is being considered.

Whaley has hired ZERO minority head coaches!!! Hes got the most racist track record in football.

Really? Whaley's track record is racist because he hasn't hired a minority head coach? Come on Jauronimo, I've been reading your posts for a while and I know you understand that professional football is a meritocracy. Doug Whaley, or any other NFL general manager for that matter, is going to hire the candidate he sees as the best candidate to build a winner and therefore ensure stability for the organization and said general manager. Calling his track record racist is a bit inflammatory.