Does Terry Pegula Have A Clear Strategic Plan?

Like that one, but less reactive-sounding. It would also be a good look to add a statement expressing confidence in Whaley.

It's reactive because Marrone quitting wasn't Plan A. By that measure, everything is reactive.

As for Whaley, who knows, maybe he was the one to be shown the door?

If that were the case, I don't agree with putting Marrone ahead of Whaley. But as I said, this just changes the timing of the necessary moves. I have a hunch Pegulas have a few tricks up their sleeves.

Edited by GG

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFLMAO

Yeah, isn't it apparent.

Looks to me like he's really being shrewd, keeping everyone in the dark until all the top candidates are gone, and then, with the element of surprise, he's going to make changes by hiring the best of what's left. So see, we'll end up with the best and no doubt that's how half of the forums here and elsewhere will portray it.

It's absolute genius. LOL

We've been hearing about this janitor type consultant now for months, wtf hasn't that person already been working for the last month or two if there's really going to be one?!?!

Honestly, and some of us actually thought that things could only get better.

ROFLMAO

Yeah, isn't it apparent.

Looks to me like he's really being shrewd, keeping everyone in the dark until all the top candidates are gone, and then, with the element of surprise, he's going to make changes by hiring the best of what's left. So see, we'll end up with the best and no doubt that's how half of the forums here and elsewhere will portray it.

It's absolute genius. LOL

We've been hearing about this janitor type consultant now for months, wtf hasn't that person already been working for the last month or two if there's really going to be one?!?!

Honestly, and some of us actually thought that things could only get better.

Yep, I hear ya! People got what they wanted. The perpetual 6-10 season here we come, AGAIN! :wallbash:

Yep, I hear ya! People got what they wanted. The perpetual 6-10 season here we come, AGAIN! :wallbash:

Well, we'll see, but so far anyone thinking that Pegula has an obvious plan clearly isn't thinking clearly.

I suppose there's a chance that he's maneuvering out of the public (media's) eye for something, which is almost impossible to do these days, but otherwise this is ridiculous.

So much for that dumbfounded rumor that he was going to hire someone to assess the situation, which should have been done months ago after he got the nod as owner.

Nothin' but the best for us Bills fans, huh.

My guess is that Pegula was going to let things ride out for another year to give Whaley and Marrone a chance, and then make wholesale changes after next season if the team performs poorly.

LOL

Of course. Let's make sure that this reeling ship flips over completely before taking steps to upright her. That's the Bills way, he's keeping Wilson's legacy alive and well.

And naturally let's not flush out the key problems immediately, let's wait for them to infect the new tenure too. Yeah, brilliant. From a business perspective perhaps Pegula should stick to land and oil. I mean seriously, asking Kraft (as the rumors go) for advice? This isn't exactly rocket science here. Any average long-time Bills fan, which Pegula claims to be, should clearly see what the problem has been for over 40 years and then be champing at the bit to make the appropriate changes. This shouldn't take a season to figure it out, it shouldn't have taken past Monday.

why would he share his plan publicly ??

so his competition can beat him to the punch ?

so fans and press can rip him a new one for not getting plan "A" accomplished in warp speed ??

the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

#1- the relocation gorilla is off our backs.

#2- we didn't finish last in our division for the first time in 7 years.

#3- we are $50 million under the cap.

things are looking up to me.

Agreed. Which is why this coaching decision is absolutely critical. Get this right and I think we could be on the verge. As I said way back on page 1 - I don't expect them to tell us their plan but I hope they are mobilising behind the scenes, because we are already behind the other coach hungry teams out there.

Agreed. Which is why this coaching decision is absolutely critical. Get this right and I think we could be on the verge. As I said way back on page 1 - I don't expect them to tell us their plan but I hope they are mobilising behind the scenes, because we are already behind the other coach hungry teams out there.

The stigma of being a team that can't make the playoffs isn't anywhere close to off our backs. Anyone thinking that just because we posted a winning season by playing a team that didn't care about the game, obviously, means that we're closer to making the playoffs than regressing back to 6-10 isn't seeing the big picture clearly at all.

And who is going to be making this coaching decision?

If it's Whaley, and right now that's who's in position to do it, then don't you think that he'll hire a yes-man after this last experience? Do you think that's good or bad?

And who is going to be making this coaching decision?

If it's Whaley, and right now that's who's in position to do it, then don't you think that he'll hire a yes-man after this last experience? Do you think that's good or bad?

I don't know who will be making that decision which is kind of my point. I'm not saying sit down like Russ Brandon did in January 2012 and tell me who is on the interview committee and what you think you are looking for.... but on the inside I hope they are decisive in deciding:

a) are Whaley and / or Brandon staying? And if so then...

b) are they the guys who are going to be entrusted with selecting the Head Coach? And if not then....

c) Who is?

Because they need to get the process started or else they are behind. It is rumoured that they want to talk to Adam Gase for example, but if they dither in deciding on the next step he could be gone before the Bills get out there interviewing.

Edited by GunnerBill

Behind other coach hungry teams? By two days when nobody has been hired by any team yet?

GO BILLS!

Behind other coach hungry teams? By two days when nobody has been hired by any team yet?

GO BILLS!

I was thinking if they delayed whilst deciding on other organisational structure such as if not Polian then who and is Whaley our guy as GM? If they are getting on with it and it seems they are then being 2 days behind isn't an issue.

My guess is that Pegula was going to let things ride out for another year to give Whaley and Marrone a chance, and then make wholesale changes after next season if the team performs poorly.

Oh, the good old Sabres strategy. Give the inmates another full year to destroy your assets, then fire them and still have no knowledge on how to replace them.

If you're a businessman like Pegula, you are always looking at the long play while trying to improve your position in the short term. You also understand when you need to endure a loss or some setbacks to create growth in the future.

A long as you look at it like a reactionary football fan who lives and dies with what happens every Sunday, you're going to be disappointed.

That said, Bills fans would do well to just unplug the clock and try to forget about the "15 years of no playoffs thing." Those 15 years are not Terry's fault. They aren't even Whaley's fault. We all want it and we all get it, but getting angry about it or calling people incompetent after 2 months on the job doesn't solve anything.

Oh, the good old Sabres strategy. Give the inmates another full year to destroy your assets, then fire them and still have no knowledge on how to replace them.

I don't know anyone who follows the Sabres close who doesn't like or flat out love the Sabres GM.

Edited by Kelly the Dog