Has Marrone's credibility as a Head Coach taken a hit?

gjv001

In some ways it feels like piling on but seriously have we ever seen a coach vilified in the media or by former co workers like this guy has? He must have really treated people poorly along the way.

Btw I have seen no one defend him.... except mike Tirico on the Lupica show.

And I think I've heard in the past few days that Marrone has been kind and considerate to the select few he felt could further his career...Maybe he felt Tirico and Lupica could do so? Who knows... B-)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think I've heard in the past few days that Marrone has been kind and considerate to the select few he felt could further his career...Maybe he felt Tirico and Lupica could do so? Who knows... B-)

Lupica doesn't like him but Tirico does. Tirico also is a Cuse grad and Loves anything related to cuse.

I have a 'Cuse degree and hate the fat bastard

Lol - here's another Cuse grad (it's like the only members of the media who didn't go to Northwestern went to Syracuse)

@AdamSchein: Don't let the smear campaign against Doug Marrone fool you. We will explain the pushed agenda tonight. @SNYtv

Btw no one ever said d*ick about the guy in the national media while he was HC of the Bills - now his name is brought up for the Jets job and all of a sudden he's this lightning rod that everyone has to have a hot take on.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Lol - here's another Cuse grad (it's like the only members of the media who didn't go to Northwestern went to Syracuse)

@AdamSchein: Don't let the smear campaign against Doug Marrone fool you. We will explain the pushed agenda tonight. @SNYtv

Btw no one ever said d*ick about the guy in the national media while he was HC of the Bills - now his name is brought up for the Jets job and all of a sudden he's this lightning rod that everyone has to have a hot take on.

LOL that is really true...

Like everyone else in Buffalo - no one cares when they are here.

Now the story of a coach opting out, here goes the dysfunctional Bills and then Polian spurns our offer like the next day. Talk about great stories after black Monday. He also has one hell of an agent selling him and pushing an agenda through his other clients...The spin cycle is unreal.

Sorry but the guy is a chump...

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/transcript-of-doug-marrones-speech-to-bills-72-hours-before-spurning-them-its-all-about-the-bills-family/

Transcript of Marrones locker room speech 72 hours before he left the team...

CBF

This actually shows admirable qualities for a coach. At that point he was hoping/expecting to get an extension(for himself and his staff) and likely viewed that he would remain HC with more responsibilities(winning the power struggle over Whaley). That speach could have potentially had some effect on the deciscion making process of our impending FAs.

Of course in retrospect it provides fantastic irony to how things played out. What a crack up.

It has been a whole week and he still has not called anyone on the team, even the captains! Eric wood said this on the radio yesterday.

No excuse for that BS.

I'm not sticking up for the guy, but he has likely been advised by his agent not to speak with anyone affiliated with the team in any capacity whatsoever.

It has been a whole week and he still has not called anyone on the team, even the captains! Eric wood said this on the radio yesterday.

No excuse for that BS.

I will say it again. maroon has taken douchebag to a whole new level. Hopefully this is not going unoticed by other NFL teams. WTF did the players, fans, and the city of Buffalo do this below average coach with an ego that is way larger than his actual skill level. Seems like every one of his picked Offensive coaches have all seemed to have lost their voices too. Edited by Best Player Available

I'm not sticking up for the guy, but he has likely been advised by his agent not to speak with anyone affiliated with the team in any capacity whatsoever.

Very true...which is why he should have done it prior to this becoming public knowledge. He texted the team "I quit." Instead, he could have texted "Urgent teleconference in 30 mins....Here's the number." It would have given him a chance to tell 'most' of the players. Better to do it in person, but to hear it verbally from him is better than nothing. I know you're not defending him (and your post is more to the current time) but I can't see a valid argument that supports the 'way' he left. It's not professional...for any profession.

I will say it again. maroon has taken douchebag to a whole new level. Hopefully this is not going unoticed by other NFL teams. WTF did the players, fans, and the city of Buffalo do this below average coach with an ego that is way larger than his actual skill level. Seems like every one of his picked Offensive coaches have all seemed to have lost their voices too.

I'm certain the entire coaching staff is on pins and needles right now. They are under contract with the Bills so unless they quit, their best option is to remain silent (or profess their love for the organization).

so does this mean when St.Doug helped push a car that was stuck in the storm he wasn't just being a nice guy? Was he doing it because that @&@!~! was in my way and didn't respect me?

The latter. Obviously.

Very true...which is why he should have done it prior to this becoming public knowledge. He texted the team "I quit." Instead, he could have texted "Urgent teleconference in 30 mins....Here's the number." It would have given him a chance to tell 'most' of the players. Better to do it in person, but to hear it verbally from him is better than nothing. I know you're not defending him (and your post is more to the current time) but I can't see a valid argument that supports the 'way' he left. It's not professional...for any profession.

Or at least called the six captains before it all went down and explained why the mass text was coming, to give them a heads up. Seriously.

LOL that is really true...

Like everyone else in Buffalo - no one cares when they are here.

Now the story of a coach opting out, here goes the dysfunctional Bills and then Polian spurns our offer like the next day. Talk about great stories after black Monday. He also has one hell of an agent selling him and pushing an agenda through his other clients...The spin cycle is unreal.

Sorry but the guy is a chump...

Wait until the Jets hire him and the NY centric media spins it as we just wanted to keep him away from the Jets.

Did anyone see this? I tried to search website to no avail.

Marone may be the most polarizing coach i can remember..Schein loves em though and i give him credit for not backing down.

BTW, i really do not like his radio show, but the man does have the courage of his convictions.

Sexton seems to be calling all the shots here. Whatever happened to the Doug ("this is who I am, I'm not going to change") Marrone who said all the right things about being his own man when he was hired?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Did anyone see this? I tried to search website to no avail.

Marone may be the most polarizing coach i can remember..Schein loves em though and i give him credit for not backing down.

BTW, i really do not like his radio show, but the man does have the courage of his convictions.

I didn't, but he did tweet this-

Adam Schein @AdamSchein · 15h 15 hours ago

The special teams coach that Doug Marrone fired for being awful doesn't like Doug Marrone. Got it.