Coaches you don't want

major

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Reich.

Todd Bowles (even though I think he could be a good coach)

Rex Ryan (only because we need to keep Schwartz and 4-3 and concentrate on offense)

Mike Shanahan

If Tony Dungy wanted to be the coach, and had a great guy to run the offense, and became a Marv type manager HC and let Schwartz run the defense, he wouldn't be a bad guy. If he wanted to install his system and run the defense, he would be a guy I say no to.

As one of the above posters mentioned above: assistant coaches who have ridden the coattails of future hall of fame QBs.

I also am wary the new flavor of the month in college football.

As an aside, I also am tired of reading posts from posters (who have never had any position in the NFL in their lives) who post: "the game has passed him by."

Frank Reich. That's just crazy talk.

I agree, Good God Almightly. Do we really want to go down this road again? Did anyone watch the Chargers offense this season? It was like watching the Bills offense except they have a franchise quarterback. Stop it, stop it, stop it. We need to finally get a proven winner for a head coach.

If we hire Polian, and he wants to hire as coach someone whose best record in the NFL was 9-7, and whose most recent record was 3-6 in a shortened season, and whose claim to fame was winning Grey Cups, what would we say?

Too bad the Stadium Wall wasn't around when Marv was hired.

Frank Reich.

Todd Bowles (even though I think he could be a good coach)

Rex Ryan (only because we need to keep Schwartz and 4-3 and concentrate on offense)

Mike Shanahan

If Tony Dungy wanted to be the coach, and had a great guy to run the offense, and became a Marv type manager HC and let Schwartz run the defense, he wouldn't be a bad guy. If he wanted to install his system and run the defense, he would be a guy I say no to.

I think Dungy is the most over rated head coach ever.

I hope the Bills interview all the best candidates, Cowher, Bowles, Reich, Ryan, Bevell, Gase and pick the guy who they think is the best one and the one who has the best plan to get our offense on track (with regards to defensive coaches, who they would pick as an OC). I don't care if Bowles is a defense guy, all they need is a guy who the players will run through a wall for and if he has a great offensive coordinator in mind that will come here, then that is awesome. Bowles seems like that coordinator HC candidate who will have his first HC job for a very long time.