Can anyone believe another NFL team would want to hire Marrone

Niagara Dude

In a word yes, for him to guide this team through all the turmoil over the last two seasons, and have record improve each year is a powerful argument to hire the guy

He only improved their record this year. They were 6-10 last year, same as before.

Chicago may want him....he took the Bills to 9-7....and was 4-0 against the NFC North

They didn't want him 2 years ago....

Oakland or the Jets would be all over him. Especially the Jets with the way Marrone's teams have straight up BULLIED them the last 2 seasons.

The Jets list is already out

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but this guy was a average in college and things will not change in the pros, was voted the 31th best coach in the league by team general managers.This looks like another Dick Jauron 2.0 so lets give him a 10 year 100 million extension before another team steals this innovative/cutting edge coach.

Not sure if all these garbage reports are coming from his Marrone's agent looking for a better deal but I do not believe there is another NFL team that is stupid enough to hire this buffon.Just read on NFL.COM that Marrone was a great offensive guy (reaily? we just finshed two of our worse years on that side of the ball).Chan Gaily had less talent and produced better results, if any other team wants him, they can have this cutting edge/innovative coach (right Russ!).Not going anywhere and as Doug told us last week "you are stuck with me".

Yeah, who would want a head coach who rebuilt a college program that was in shambles and had the NFL's biggest losers over the last 10+ years within a game of the playoffs with Karl freaking-Orton at QB? Gawd, they'd have to be crazy to want a guy like that.

Not sure if all these garbage reports are coming from his Marrone's agent looking for a better deal but I do not believe there is another NFL team that is stupid enough to hire this buffon.Just read on.....

How prophetic is it that you misspelled the word "buffoon"?

I like coach Marrone and what he has done for this team and organization. As I look back at this year we were two plays away from being 11-5 ( only two plays)

1. Vs Houston, Bills up 10-7 driving to start the second half with the ball on Houston 20 yard line (so we should at least get three) EJ throws a pick 6 to JJ watt for 80 yards, if EJ only got about 6 to 8 more inches on that pass it would have been a big play to Fred. So that was a 10 point swing possibly 14 point. Not coaches fault.

2. Vs KC, Bills up 10-3 first drive of the second half ( it should be our statement drive for the season) it was 2nd and 10 from KC 17, B. Brown runs up the middle for a good gain looks like he is going to score easy to put the bills up 17-3 instead he fumbles it out of the end zone at the 5...unbelievable. Again not coaches fault.

Like I said only two plays away from an 11-5 record and playoff bound. So who wouldn't want coach to run their team. I didn't agree with everything he did, and I really wish they would have run the ball more inside the 10 with Boobie and maybe he will next year. We don't need the next A. Rodgers at QB just an ok vet like Orton and we will be ok. Maybe EJ needs to watch film on Big Ben this off season, and he might learn how to move in the pocket better and use his size. I really think when Our GM drafted EJ he saw Ben in him seeing how our GM came from Pitt.

Again we would be dumb to give up on coach Marrone now....Go Bills.

We were 4 or 5 plays away from 4-12 or 5-11. Ball bounced our way a lot this season.

I like coach Marrone and what he has done for this team and organization. As I look back at this year we were two plays away from being 11-5 ( only two plays)

1. Vs Houston, Bills up 10-7 driving to start the second half with the ball on Houston 20 yard line (so we should at least get three) EJ throws a pick 6 to JJ watt for 80 yards, if EJ only got about 6 to 8 more inches on that pass it would have been a big play to Fred. So that was a 10 point swing possibly 14 point. Not coaches fault.

2. Vs KC, Bills up 10-3 first drive of the second half ( it should be our statement drive for the season) it was 2nd and 10 from KC 17, B. Brown runs up the middle for a good gain looks like he is going to score easy to put the bills up 17-3 instead he fumbles it out of the end zone at the 5...unbelievable. Again not coaches fault.

Like I said only two plays away from an 11-5 record and playoff bound. So who wouldn't want coach to run their team. I didn't agree with everything he did, and I really wish they would have run the ball more inside the 10 with Boobie and maybe he will next year. We don't need the next A. Rodgers at QB just an ok vet like Orton and we will be ok. Maybe EJ needs to watch film on Big Ben this off season, and he might learn how to move in the pocket better and use his size. I really think when Our GM drafted EJ he saw Ben in him seeing how our GM came from Pitt.

Again we would be dumb to give up on coach Marrone now....Go Bills.

Down in Chicago, Cutler throws a god awful pick to a DLineman..go to overtime..get lucky and win against what we now know to be an awful team.

Detroit misses not one, not two, but three field goals, we beat them by three for a luck ass win

Minnesota is shutting down the O all game, beating the bills at home with a rookie QB making his first road start and we get a miracle 4th and 21 and then complete a jump ball for a luck win.

Gets a punt return for a TD, Packers drop 7 passes in the game(13 all year coming in) Nelson drops a sure tD..lucky win

Beats the Pats scrubs..barely...

I think we are closer to 4 plays away from 5-11...

And i have no idea what people are talking about with adversity....you will never see another season as injury free as this one..

Dude is a buffoon, let him walk.

Edited by plenzmd1

Perhaps some of you should goggle about Marrone's time with Syracuse (fans complaining about how brutal there offence was) and now he is innovative and cutting edge.Yes punting on 4thd down 10 points with less then six minutes to go in the game (that you need ) is brave and cutting edge.As I mentioned I vote that the Bills sign him to extension for 100 million/ 10 years.We should make the playoffs in that 10 year span, I think.

he could not be on the Jets publicized "list" as he is under contract as the HC of another team.

You think Woody Johnson is going to go from Rex to Marrone? It would never be considered anything but a lateral move. Would never happen. Ditto Chicago where they made a point to mention the 90+ year old owner is pissed off at the Trestman debacle. They would never find Marrone attractive.

By tomorrwo at this time, Marrone himslef will put to rest all of this when, by doing nothing, he will confirm what is obvious---the Bills are his best and only option.

Edited by Mr. WEO

49ers and Falcons are in on Sexy Rexy. Interviews soon. I think he gets one of the 5-6 open jobs for sure.

Gase will probably get one. Maybe Quinn. Bowles will surely get an offer. I can't believe someone would hire McDaniels but crazier things have happened. Not sure after that, although I could be forgetting a guy with a good chance.

If Marrone doesn't opt out he's an idiot.

His 'value' may not be any higher than it is now. No not Beli-checkian but he is highly regarded and all he'd have to do is show tape of EJ Thad Tuel and the semi and then almost fully retired Orton and say despite that we improved overall won 9 games almost made the playoffs---- and I hired well (especially on D...only on D really) and my teams play all 60 and played every game. Or something.

And if he does leave I think it's really bad. Potentially.

Who the heck are you attracting for this job by saying we have a crap offense, no QB, and no 1st round pick? You interested?

You'll get a defensive guy only. Bc our D is nasty. And he can always fire his OC and claim that's not his forte since apparently that's how we evaluate head coaches now. Only their half of the ball.

Edited by Big Blitz

Yes, I believe it. It's plain to see why. The guy is a leader of men. The offense will improve when the interior OL gets upgraded. The all 22 shows guys running open all day. Just need a QB to hit them (not throw behind them) and that is accomplished by better interior OL play.

Down in Chicago, Cutler throws a god awful pick to a DLineman..go to overtime..get lucky and win against what we now know to be an awful team.

Detroit misses not one, not two, but three field goals, we beat them by three for a luck ass win

Minnesota is shutting down the O all game, beating the bills at home with a rookie QB making his first road start and we get a miracle 4th and 21 and then complete a jump ball for a luck win.

Gets a punt return for a TD, Packers drop 7 passes in the game(13 all year coming in) Nelson drops a sure tD..lucky win

Beats the Pats scrubs..barely...

I think we are closer to 4 plays away from 5-11...

And i have no idea what people are talking about with adversity....you will never see another season as injury free as this one..

Dude is a buffoon, let him walk.

We can't control what other teams do and I do believe Kyle had some key picks also lots of them seamed to be with us driving the ball

And I do recall our WR rewarded our QB a couple games with a bunch of drops

Marrone is 15-17 in two seasons as Bills coach. Clearly the guy is an incomplete as far as how good of a coach he will be. I don't think anyone sees how good or bad Marrone is yet. Personally I would want to give Marrone one more year here to see how well he can rebuild the offense. Another off-season with good cap space and another draft (Even sans number 1 pick) could bring enough talent over to the offense to put this team over the hump.

49ers and Falcons are in on Sexy Rexy. Interviews soon. I think he gets one of the 5-6 open jobs for sure.

Gase will probably get one. Maybe Quinn. Bowles will surely get an offer. I can't believe someone would hire McDaniels but crazier things have happened. Not sure after that, although I could be forgetting a guy with a good chance.

Rex is tailor made for the 49ers job. Team that has a ton of defensive talent and needs a more player oriented coach. Don't know if he is the best fit but the generalities seem to make sense.