Predict the starting quarterback for week 1..

BillsFan130

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is that the Bills will draft Bryce Petty out of Baylor. if that happens I will

be a very happy man. I feel he is the best QB in this draft. Yes you heard me right.

He will have a better career then Winston and Mariotta. Many of the experts at the combine

said he threw the best ball and his arm is a rocket. One guy said it hurt to catch his balls.

I done some scouting on this guy. I have listen to his interviews and how he carries himself.

This guy is a leader and the way he comes across reminds me of a Russel Wilson.

This guy is 6 foot 3 inches tall and 230 pounds. Proto type QB he is the total package.

My prediction is the Bills will Draft him and they will never look back. I still feel the Bills

will sign a Vet QB my hope is it will be Matt Moore and he will start the year out as the opening day QB. But by years end Bryce Petty will lead us to the Playoffs. I encourage you all to go

on the Internet and watch some of his game play and listen to his interviews.

The guy is more then a 1 read QG. Watch how he throws the ball where only his

reciever can catch it. In the past before the Bills made there selections in drafts

I was one of those guys who wanted the Bills to draft Russel Wilson and then

Collin Kapernick. So here we are again at a new draft and if I'm the Bills GM

I would Draft Bryce Petty QB out of Baylor University. Bills can sign a lot

of free agents because Pegula is willing to spend the money. So what ever short

comings we have can be done in Free agency. But when it comes to the QB

the draft is where we will get are franchise QB. That Franchise QB is one

Bryce Petty. They should not wait to the 3rd

round because he will not be there. As a matter

of fact he could slip into the end of the first round.

So the bills might have to trade up or if he is there

at pick 50 which is there first pick in the 2nd round they should pull the trigger.

It's been a few months & so far I'm sticking with my original prediction of EJ.

Right now I see us heading into camp with EJ, Tuel, a rookie such as Sean Mannion & perhaps a free agent that has at least 20 games in the NFL as a starter.

Regarding Bryce Petty, I've seen draft gurus predicting as high as the 2nd round for him, and as low as the 7th round.

One man's trash is another man's treasure, I guess.

I really find it hard to imagine any scenario where the majority of us here on OBD are happy with the QB situation when training camp starts.

Looking at the NFL QBs who could be traded or released, and the kids in the draft, there is no consensus answer out there that we'd all agree to be excited about.

It's not necessarily what I hope for but my guess is that EJ will be under center opening day.

• 5 months later...

I think Rex goes cassel. I think you start with the vet and see how far that can take you. If you're 2-5, maybe you consider making the change to tyrod (or could be ej, but I have a hard time seeing that).

I think bottom line for Rex is this: he's coaching his first year in buffalo. He is as hungry as anyone to win, and I think he recognizes what getting back to the playoffs will mean to the city and to Pegs. He knows how good this D is, ancient think he's willing to see if cassel can game manage them to the playoffs.

If cassel/the team completely bombs and starts losing quite a bit, he makes the change. Or if there's an injury, he can make that change no harm no foul (and by that i mean he avoidsthe media controversy) and get a look at tyrod or ej if that's what he ultimately wants.

I dont think Rex is scared to rock the boat, but I also think he's smart enough to realize that cassel is the safe bet to start the year. If things change, he can probably make the change pretty easily and be heralded for it instead of questioned.

All that being said, I think Rex cares for his guys and wants to win more than anyone. Whatever move he makes, I feel confident that he is seeing the field, the team chemistry, and the quality of play right now. Based on that, I'm excited that whoever he picks to start the season is a good choice.

It's weird how I automatically have more faith in Rex than any coach since wade, and he hasn't even coached a game yet. But I do. And honestly, it's a pretty damn good feeling. Very hopeful right now. Not just that the Bills will get back to the playoffs, but that they are on the cusp of becoming a perennial AFC powerhouse. It's time to take our rightful place back as THE teaming the AFC. I am more hopeful than ever that Rex Ryan is the man to lead us there.

Cheers! Go Bills.