Marrone may opt out?

Wiz

I agree with that.

If anything, I would see this as an attempt by Marrone to get a few years added to his contract. I'm sure he's thinking that he's heading into the final year of his contract without an answer at QB, so the chances of the team regressing next year are not insignificant. If I were him, I wouldn't want to have to make a case for an extension after next season, knowing I don't have a serviceable QB on the roster going into the season.

Marrone was given a serviceable QB in Kyle Orton and his play tanked under his suffocating conservative offense.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone see losing Marone as a real loss. This offense has regressed a lot under his brief tenure. You could actually see it getting worse by the game. The offensive line (his specialty area) was atrocious. Despite getting new receiving weapons and a multitude of free agents and draft picks along the o line, things got worse. Despite the acquisitions of Dixon and Brown, the running game got worse. Is all this on DW- i think not.

As has been discussed for years, this starts from the top down. The Bills have a history of putting no money into their front office and coaches. This is the end result. The sooner Pagula realizes this the better. It will be a long term thing, but you need to start somewhere.

I would not have an issue keeping DW, but Marrone has shown he is outclassed.

At an absolute minimum, Hackett needs to go. I really can't believe he has not been canned yet. I am reasonably convinced most people who post on this board can do a better job.

regarding the O-line. hard to put a good one togeher when Whaley for two years running signs busts, rejects and bottom of the dumpster FA's. Also, the scouting dept. Leaves a lot to be desired with their 2nd round pick. Score a D for Whaley there.

Marrone was given a serviceable QB in Kyle Orton and his play tanked under his suffocating conservative offense.

orton has never been anything better than a backup and he showed us why. I don't love everything about the offense but giving him wide open attempts into the endzone and him flat out missing WRs is his fault, no one was suffocating him

Marrone was given one at the very start of the season, without having all of the minicamps and training camp to get him up to speed on the offense. Hardly an ideal situation. Plus, Orton was as mediocre as they get, and I'm sure you blame Marrone's offense for Orton being way off target on many of his throws. He now has even less than Orton going into next season.

The issue here isn't whether or not you think Marrone stinks, but whether you, as Marrone, would want more security going into next season without a decent QB on the roster.

orton has never been anything better than a backup and he showed us why. I don't love everything about the offense but giving him wide open attempts into the endzone and him flat out missing WRs is his fault, no one was suffocating him

Actually better then the average backup. Most teams would be happy with .500 record from a backup and Orton gave us 7-5. We just did not have a real starter at QB this year.

2014 can be a real stepping stone and Marrone was a big factor in that. He really helped bring this team together. I hope he comes back and they really address the Offense like they did Special Teams last off season.

regarding the O-line. hard to put a good one togeher when Whaley for two years running signs busts, rejects and bottom of the dumpster FA's. Also, the scouting dept. Leaves a lot to be desired with their 2nd round pick. Score a D for Whaley there.

I have real heartburn with the OL coaching.

Same guys that were there with Gailey and DeLasandros (?) and looked like pro-bowlers are suddenly a liability under Marone and Morris.

Glenn, Urbik, and Wood all regressed. Morris' track record and statements coming in had me worried, his results should have people calling for his job.

Edited by BobChalmers

I have real heartburn with the OL coaching.

Same guys that were there with Gailey and DeLasandros (?) and looked like pro-bowlers are suddenly a liability under Marone and Morris.

Glenn, Urbik, and Wood all regressed. Morris' track record and statements coming in had me worried, his results should have people calling for his job.

i agree the OL coach should go.

coach D could be out in SD - maybe he would be available.

no way I let Marrone leverage me if I am the Pegulas. Before Jordy Nelson dropped a sure TD and Rogers did a Losman impression firing him was firmly on the table. Now all of a sudden they have to go out of their way to win HIM over?

That does sound like St. Doug though, which is why I have a love/hate feeling about him. He is such an arrogant, stubborn SOB that you almost have to love him for it.

However, St. Doug is one of those people who just gets what he wants. Like I said, a few weeks ago he stood a good chance of being fired. Now he is in a position to wring concessions, money, and power from management?

Does any of this talk about him having leverage and making demands have any factual basis behind it? I feel this is going to become another one of those things that people here repeat often enough for it to become a truth.

This can't all be stemming from that completely speculative Schefter tweet, right?

no way I let Marrone leverage me if I am the Pegulas. Before Jordy Nelson dropped a sure TD and Rogers did a Losman impression firing him was firmly on the table. Now all of a sudden they have to go out of their way to win HIM over?

That does sound like St. Doug though, which is why I have a love/hate feeling about him. He is such an arrogant, stubborn SOB that you almost have to love him for it.

However, St. Doug is one of those people who just gets what he wants. Like I said, a few weeks ago he stood a good chance of being fired. Now he is in a position to wring concessions, money, and power from management?

You're speculating on all of this. You have no idea what is happening, if anything.

Terrific. Marrone wants Hackett to get the extension.

https://twitter.com/...310819171688448

Actually, I'm not a Marrone fan, but this is a good and smart move for him, depending on who he wants the extension for. If it's Henderon and Pagac and Pepper I am all for it. If it's just his offensive staff he is criminal.

Edited by Kelly the Dog