Report: Marrone has 3-day out clause due to new ownership

YoloinOhio

The opinion of Marrone is so negative throughout the league it's insane.

And by league, I mean this one football message board full of homers and those that won't be happy until we win 10 SBs in a row.

In actuality, he's well respected in the NFL, as he should be based on, oh I don't know, performance.

Bunch of fools on this board. You want him gone? Who's going to come in and do a better job? Let's just recycle the entire coaching staff and FO every 3 years. That's what championships are made of. <_<

coming from you, i hope people realize how amazing this statement is.

it's totally true. This guy took us to the first winning record we had in a very long time. yes, it had loads of talent, yes we had a great d.

but we also had one of the worst qb's in 5 years. ownership worries for his entire tenure. 3 defensive makeovers since he started, improved units on D and ST both years. Removed several problems and upgraded through attrition, as well.

"those that won't be happy until we win 10 SB's in a row" ?????

Really ?

On a Buffalo Bills message board you make that statement ?

To think I often complain about the low expectations the Bills FO sets for this franchise, i.e. "make the playoffs" -- and here you complain about the fan base not being happy unless we win 10 in a row.

Dude, take a look at the last 15 years, no, the last 50+ years.

As for Marrone, I'd feel better defending him if the O Line and OC performed better. This team's limited success over his 2-year tenure has been about defense, and while he gets credit for Pettine/Schwartz it's a far cry from being something to put on his own resume

yeah, you don't know stojan. he is probably the most negative bills fan on this board. that he is saying this is a dose of reality to those who don't realize how foolish people are that want marrone gone.

yikes.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coming from you, i hope people realize how amazing this statement is.

it's totally true. This guy took us to the first winning record we had in a very long time. yes, it had loads of talent, yes we had a great d.

but we also had one of the worst qb's in 5 years. ownership worries for his entire tenure. 3 defensive makeovers since he started, improved units on D and ST both years. Removed several problems and upgraded through attrition, as well.

yeah, you don't know stojan. he is probably the most negative bills fan on this board. that he is saying this is a dose of reality to those who don't realize how foolish people are that want marrone gone.

yikes.

Yeah, I don't recognize him as a poster.

As for Marrone, I'm not a big fan, while the team was successful, it's in the area that he doesn't have the main responsibilities. While he gets some credit for the defense, he literally OWNS the offense.

John Wawrow from AP on now with Bulldog.

Doesn't get what all the hype is regarding this 3 day opt out window for Marrone.

He said if this is coming from Marrone's camp (he is not saying it is) then it is detrimental to the team.

Him waiting this long to make a final decision is ridiculous. Could you imagine if this were the situation with the Cowboys? The NFL media's head would explode. Garrett would be fired already. It's a smack in the face to be waiting this long.

I hope Marrone says he's coming back and the Pegula's tell him to hit the road. He wants a head coach who wants to be here and isn't wringing his hands over the decision.

Edited by 1billsfan

Him waiting this long to make a final decision is ridiculous. Could you imagine if this were the situation with the Cowboys? The NFL media's head would explode. Garrett would be fired already. It's a smack in the face to be waiting this long.

I hope Marrone says he's coming back and the Pegula's tell him to hit the road. He wants a head coach who wants to be here and isn't wringing his hands over the decision.

i agree!.if i was pegula i would tell him to hit the road.. marrone should have addressed this and put it to bed immediately!

Yes. The QB situation and lack of a first round pick must be considerations (plus his relatively low salary compared to most NFL coaches).

He is probably anticipating a tough year next year with no real QB option and getting the ax then.

Better then to test the waters now, while your stock is a bit higher coming off a surprisingly upbeat season.

I'm sure he has studied Pegula's handling of the Sabres and figures he is out next year with no QB.

If this is true (not saying it is) and he doesn't opt out, then we know how highly sought after he is around the league.

I.E., interest in him is zero.

Still a day to go.

PS: He is clearly testing the waters here! If he was not, he would have made a definitive statement that he is not exercising the opt out clause and is 100% on board with the Bills.

He hasn't done that!

Edited by Stopthepain

He is probably anticipating a tough year next year with no real QB option and getting the ax then.

Better then to test the waters now, while your stock is a bit higher coming off a surprisingly upbeat season.

I'm sure he has studied Pegula's handling of the Sabres and figures he is out next year with no QB.

If this is true (not saying it is) and he doesn't opt out, then we know how highly sought after he is around the league.

Still a day to go.

PS: He is clearly testing the waters here! If he was not, he would have made a definitive statement that he is not exercising the opt out clause and is 100% on board with the Bills.

He hasn't done that!

Am I missing something here? He has never mentioned the 3-day clause and isn't playing games in the press. He seems to just be doing business as usual. Isn't that answer enough?

Still a day to go.

He hasn't done that!

Hw won't. He made the statement during the press conference where he stated he will never talk about his contract. Point blank, period.

The opinion of Marrone is so negative throughout the league it's insane.

And by league, I mean this one football message board full of homers and those that won't be happy until we win 10 SBs in a row.

In actuality, he's well respected in the NFL, as he should be based on, oh I don't know, performance.

Bunch of fools on this board. You want him gone? Who's going to come in and do a better job? Let's just recycle the entire coaching staff and FO every 3 years. That's what championships are made of. <_<

ive been wrong before. Just never THIS wrong.