Bills radio (Mike Schopp is awful)

tito1

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, just when you think you've made it through a Cellino and Barnes commercial, they immediately play another. Is it just to up the annoyance factor?

Well, I'm not using them anyway. I'm going with the Scam Law Firm. At least that commercial has truth in advertising.

The sirens were mythological creatures that led unwary sailors to their untimely demise.

If you hear a high pitched wail from your shingles, better call us for a new roof.

When you call, I'm the one in the herringbone, protecting pilgrims from icicles on their way to Jersusalem.

Shield your home.

Edited by Momma Pecoraro

The sirens were mythological creatures that led unwary sailors to their untimely demise.

If you hear a high pitched wail from your shingles, better call us for a new roof.

When you call, I'm the one in the herringbone, protecting pilgrims from icicles on their way to Jersusalem.

Shield your home.

Yes! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Who thinks up this crazy crap?

yeah I want something new , something original , someone to throw the ball down field, someone who doesn't run, who goes for on 4th down all the time

EVERY FING DAY

has he ever heard of Mouse davis and the run and shoot, that worked well for about a minute

He puts the Anal in Analytics

Funny - I was just wondering this morning whether the roof guy writes his own loopy copy. I imagine that he does.

Went to school with a Thomann. Not sure if that's why I like their ads, but I do.

My initial reaction to the VW of OP ads was strongly negative, but they're grown on me to the point where I genuinely enjoy the jingle.

I think I've got GR Stockholm Syndrome.

This is really still a thread? "I love Sal because he is still young and positive all the time and has not grown bitter. I hate schopp because he's a realist and tells us what it is/what we don't want to hear... wah wah wah..."

He puts the Anal in Analytics

I'll give you that. He has definitely cheesed out NHL advanced stats for me.

Shield your home.

So absolutely f'ing bizarre. I listen online most days and between the insanely bizarre William c. Rott and son commercials and flo and her stupid kazoo- maybe that's why I don't mind schopp like the rest of you.

So absolutely f'ing bizarre. I listen online most days and between the insanely bizarre William c. Rott and son commercials and flo and her stupid kazoo- maybe that's why I don't mind schopp like the rest of you.

I f'ing hate the William C. Rott and Son commercials--- phony folksy BS. Who is this appealing to in WNY? And yet I can't get their damned jingle out of my head...

This is really still a thread? "I love Sal because he is still young and positive all the time and has not grown bitter. I hate schopp because he's a realist and tells us what it is/what we don't want to hear... wah wah wah..."

I'll give you that. He has definitely cheesed out NHL advanced stats for me.

Why is a strike bad in baseball but good in bowwwwling....

LOL.

By the way, how do I know it's "THOMANN" ???

1) I have a brain and know about this miracle product called "GOOGLE".

2) I went with the poster's comment that he thought it was called "FULMAN" and created a google search for "FULMAN ASPHALT WNY" and guess what? This turned up THOMANN ASPHALT in 2 seconds with their awkward slogan "ALTOGETHER THOROUGH" which I have heard 100 times during the WGR-550 commercial....so I knew it was them.

It's more fun to B word and complain though, rather than spend literally 3 seconds at Google. "I can't even tell their name!"

In all seriousness: WNY is a small provincial town. The really clever national advertising is being created in NYC and elsewhere. I hope that isn't a revelation to you guys.

The really slick, smart, good sports talk on-air personalities are....uh...not working in WNY.

Is that a revelation too?

So, you've heard the commercial hundreds of times, yet had no idea what the name of the company was and had to do a convoluted google search on it. That's really effective advertising.

Good thing they have such an easy name to pick out of the ad like Thomann. I've heard of exactly zero people in my life with that name.

No phone number, a murky name, no website mentioned. I just hate stupidity and it drives me nuts hearing it all the time.

Not to mention what Metz above called the Rott ads - absolutely friggin bizarre. I hear it and it's like nails on the chalkboard.

15 years of covering a loser has, understandably, turned them into something ugly i would imagine. kind of like the rest of us. kind of inevitable. look in the mirror. the media is supposed to reflect the audience's deep down impressions , not just the homer fan stuff, right? i think they do that. sad, but it is what it is until the franchise turns it around and is a winner. people like winners. not losers.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I for one, won't be shocked if there is a GR shakeup of some kind, before next football season. I realize, Pegula does not own GR55, but he has commented in the past on the negativity of the station as it pertained to their coverage of the Sabres, and I wouldn't be shocked if, to some degree, Pegula empathies with Doug Marrone, and the role that the local media is perceived to have played in his decision to opt out of his contract. Pegula can't tell GR who and who not to hire, but he owns the only two pro sports teams in town...he can have some influence.

I personally don't hate any of the GR guys, though I do find their repetitive discussions less than good radio. Not sure exactly what I want, I just don't want what they are selling. This past summer, I was so amped up for the football season (more so than in a number of years) but about a week or two into training camp, I just couldn't take listening any more. The topic of discussion on the morning show as well as the drive time show seemed to be "EJ sucks"...they were killing my enthusiasm for the season by the minute. I know it isn't their job to be a PR machine for the Bills or Sabres, but each host dwelling on their own particular pet gripe is just tough to listen to.