Orton to start vs Pats*

TheFunPolice

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also wonder if they think that by benching Orton, he will choose to opt out of his contract after the season

CBF

Why would Orton opt out of his 5.4 mil contract? He is healthy and I cannot imagine anyone else signing him.

Orton sucks. Start EJ

Based on this quote from Marrone ...

“The game means a lot to me. We’re going to play the players that we feel give us the best chance to win,” said Marrone.

He apparently thinks Manuel sucks more.

Why would Orton opt out of his 5.4 mil contract? He is healthy and I cannot imagine anyone else signing him.

Based on this quote from Marrone ...

He apparently thinks Manuel sucks more.

Because he already made that this season.

If I remember right, he wont make much next year

CBF

this is CLASSIC WGR material...game doesnt matter who cares.....unless they lose - then all they will talk about is how far away the Bills are from the Pats. Hopefully most of you can think for yourself beating New England would be a good win anytime anyplace.

its pretty simple guys best players play -

I think that's all true.

However, does anyone think we will not still lose to the Pats and their backups (in the 4th quarter or whatever) this coming Sunday? I really hate feeling that way but well you know we have this quarterback problem, and a shaky O-line.

Only guaranteed $3,000,000.

Well, i dont know who the hells gonna walk away from 3-5 million for a years worth of work. Heres to hoping he gets his ass to mini camp, makes a commitment to the team and the other players. Gets in shape, and brings it strong next season.

Heres to EJ pushing him with strong competion, them fiercly competing with each other for the starting job.

And heres to Marrone getting his head out of his ass and giving up on his stubborn, writing off of certain players and giving the best man what he needs to win some games!

This is why he should be fired, he has ways and never wants to adjust.This guy is stubborn and what we have seen the past two seasons is what you can expect next year.If he is forced to fire Hackett he will hire another young kid with little experience that will allow Marrone to call all the plays.Why do you think he hired Hackett in the first place (wanted someone he could control).What has Orton done the past few weeks to deserve the start?I hope NE gives he Bills a nice season ending blowout loss and maybe we can talk about firing this loser on black Monday.

I think Orton signed a two year 11 million dollar deal with player option for second year. Im pretty sure hed get the 5.5 million next season too, if hes on the roster

his 2015 Cap Hit is $7 mil with $1.5 in Dead Money if cut.

he's getting cut or redone for backup money.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/kyle-orton/

EJ is a "developement" QB. it's in everyones best interest to start fresh in 2015. it's the right decision to play orton this week.

This is why he should be fired, he has ways and never wants to adjust.This guy is stubborn and what we have seen the past two seasons is what you can expect next year.If he is forced to fire Hackett he will hire another young kid with little experience that will allow Marrone to call all the plays.Why do you think he hired Hackett in the first place (wanted someone he could control).What has Orton done the past few weeks to deserve the start?I hope NE gives he Bills a nice season ending blowout loss and maybe we can talk about firing this loser on black Monday.

Dont root for a loss brother, that aint cool

He has too much pride to put EJ in.

I also wonder if they think that by benching Orton, he will choose to opt out of his contract after the season

CBF

Perhaps. But seems like another stubborn Marrone move. Orton will get eaten alive, and hopefully Marrone will be out and Harbaugh (who has the highest winning percentage of any coach over the past few seasons) is brought in.

Would rather the Bills win, but not caring if they lose. My DNA doesn't tolerate tanking, but I view this as nothing more than the first 2015 preseason game. Player evaluation >> than winning the game.

I agree. I actually hope if Orton starts he stinks again, so that the FO does not engage in the false-hope that he is a starter (he is backup). Also, it may ensure that Marrone is gone. Really, if Harbaugh is available, the Bills have NO REASON to not go after the most winning coach over the last few years.

Would rather the Bills win, but not caring if they lose. My DNA doesn't tolerate tanking, but I view this as nothing more than the first 2015 preseason game. Player evaluation >> than winning the game.

Its not a preseason game. Its a schedualed reg season game. These guys get 16 opportunities a year to prove their worth. Its an honor and a privilege for them to take the field. And we as fans get the same, 16 games a year, offseason is too long. This is a preseason game mentality is unacceptable to me.

Edited by mastershake

I've never actively rooted for a Bills player to fail before. Then we signed Kyle Orton. I'm not a fan of EJ but Orton is the biggest waste of a roster spot I've ever witnessed in all my years of cheering this team on. No heart, no passion, nothing.

I want him to crash and burn in the most spectacular fashion on Sunday. I want to make sure their is NO allusion to this front office that he should be brought back to this team. I want him gone.

I'd rather take my chances with Mark Sanchez than this loser.

I agree. I actually hope if Orton starts he stinks again, so that the FO does not engage in the false-hope that he is a starter (he is backup). Also, it may ensure that Marrone is gone. Really, if Harbaugh is available, the Bills have NO REASON to not go after the most winning coach over the last few years.

Barring a major off-field incident or conflict, I don't see any coaching or management changes coming this year - with the possible exception of Hackett, and that's not likely, either. I think Pegula will let another draft play out and give the group one more year to make the playoffs. If they fail, then next season will see a housecleaning from GM on down. Since Whaley got rid of our top pick, and busted on EJ, we aren't a desirable place for a top GM or coaching candidate this year. In a twisted way, Whaley likely saved his and Marrone's job by leaving the cupboard bare both at QB and the 1st round of the 2015 draft.

Orton is >>>> than EJ will ever be and Orton sucks. Why start EJ, if Marrone is here he won't be on this roster and shouldn't be regardless of coaching staff. Drafting him was ANOTHER Major mistake by this scouting staff and administration

Rather see The wildcat all game then see Orton attempt another pass

I would rather see Orton pass than EJ in a Bills Uniform and I can't stand seeing Orton passing