Life without Dareus?

RealityCheck

It was pretty evident when he went out of the game. I believe they had something like 10 rushing yards? The guy is a space eater and pushes the middle better than anyone in the league, and yes better than Richardson IMO. Give him a deal and lock him up. Just hope he didn't do this in a semi contract year, you know how these guys get once they are paid.

He's in Buffalo for another season at least. Bills picked up 5th year option. Even if they can't extend him, I can't imagine that Buffalo wouldn't use the franchise tag on him in 2016 and maybe again in 2017. The franchise tag amount for a DT, I'm fairly certain, would be less that he would get on the FA market.

The only way he's going anywhere is if he becomes a guy that doesn't want to play here. Kyle is at the back end of his career and it's a brutal position. I could see us letting him go if we drafted a player a year or two ago and he looks like he could value for value fill in the gap, but that's not happened.

weve been pretty bad against the run for many games now. it wasnt just Dareus getting hurt.

sully said we should cut him at the beginning of the year. surprising because sully's usually such a great sports visionary.

marcel should be extended mid season next year, with a few behavior and off aeason conditioning clauses in there. he's so good now, it would be like letting pat williams go all over again.

Give Dareus the same contract Watt just got right now and be done with it. Lock him up for 7 years!

If we don't, after 2015 his value will only be higher. Much higher. And then we will have to pay him more.

Edited by peterpan

Dareus is under contract for next season and isn't going anywhere. Don't understand why you are already worried about what the team will do without him

Do you always assume that questions equal fear? I was simply intrigued by what I saw on the Bills defense when he is not on the field. I was really curious about what fans thought since know one has asked these questions yet. Does anyone consider him the MVP of the D-line for 2014?

Do you always assume that questions equal fear? I was simply intrigued by what I saw on the Bills defense when he is not on the field. I was really curious about what fans thought since know one has asked these questions yet. Does anyone consider him the MVP of the D-line for 2014?

i consider him the MVP of the entire defense

Dareus is under contract for next season and isn't going anywhere. Don't understand why you are already worried about what the team will do without him

not only that, the franchise tag for DT's is reasonable. he can be tagged in 2016 & 2017.

he can be under team control for 3 more years.