Things are looking up for the Bills

gjv001

Though the OP may not be a common opinion on this board, I respect it and I know many people who share it.

That's interesting. I'm always pretty shocked when I see people on this board who think Marrone is an NFL coach. 0 of the Bills fans I know personally think he should keep his job.

Point of the analysis had you stopped to think instead of having an emotional response, is that versus our direct competition we showed badly. Not taking away wins against jets but it further emphasizes we didn't beat any of the teams we needed to in afc (pats, bolts, chiefs, broncos. raiders when we needed it) except perhaps fins who we split with , so that's really a push

Go write a letter to the Cleveland Browns fans and tell them how irrelevant their team is and was even when they were trying to make a playoff push just like the Bills were.

And go tell the Jets that it is pointless that we play them every year because even though they are in the AFC East, their games just don't matter.

And go tell the Packers that the Bills loss didn't matter to them.

Yeah..only certain games matter........dude...your analysis on this topic flat out sucked.....(nothing against you personally) ..just the point you keep trying to make

going for his 9th win this sunday on a team with weak qb play all year. Not a situation where you fire the coach.

Really? And that just goes across the board? Even if the head coach is an offensive oriented guy and you had a bottom 5 offense top 3 defense and special teams all year? Even if both qbs he had noticeably regressed game to game? Even if he was statistically proven to make the wrong call on fourth down over 90% of the time which almost definitely cost us at least 2 games? Even if one of those 9 wins will be against a team resting their starters? Even if the coach in question has never succeeded anywhere as a head coach? None of those things matter. 9 wins without a good qb= keep the coach. Got it.

misery loves company, judging by the number of posts on the board, love is in the air, or is that misery, probably six of one half dozen of

the other

when your on the bottom everything is looking up

Edited by rumblefish

Doug Marrone and Doug Wahley will lead the Bills to the playoffs. Anyone who has not sensed the positive attitude change of the Bills Players hasn't paid attention to this team over the last 15 years. I expect they have a sound plan to improve the roster already.

You're actually right. They are headed in the right direction. They did good to stay in the playoff hunt as long as they did given the QB and O-Line situation. Year 3 is the big one for Marrone. If they make the playoffs, he's coach of the year. If they regress or finish at 8-8 or below, he's done here.

It's just starting to set in that this year is over for the Bills. Another one gone. More missed opportunities. A play or a game here or there. Too bad. Really hope they figure something out next year. Too much talent on this team being wasted.

The Bills choked when they lost to Kanas City, San Diego and Denver, so they got lucky right?

San Diego, New England, and Denver toyed with this team.We beat Detroit cause their kicker missed 3 field goals, two of them being chippies.

We beat Chicago in OT(always a coin flip), beat MN by completing a 4th and 20 something,against a rookie QB making his 2nd start, first on the road i think.And completing another jump ball at the end

Beat Cleveland with a freak fumble recovery for a TD, beat GB with a punt return and Green Bay having more than 50% of their dropped passes in one year coming in that one game.

I will give you the KC game we should have won by that standard as well. Maybe even do win if we had a coach that understood the value of possesing e ball

The Miami and both Jets game...we were the clearly better team.

For those around long enough, we had a huge thread on here when they started 3-0 and squeaked out two of the wins.while getting 4 turnovers a game...analytics say that was not a sustainable model.Most disagreed(including me) , but it taught me a huge lesson.

Analytics say the way the Bills won most of the above games is also not sustainable.

Doug Marrone and Doug Wahley will lead the Bills to the playoffs. Anyone who has not sensed the positive attitude change of the Bills Players hasn't paid attention to this team over the last 15 years. I expect they have a sound plan to improve the roster already.

Which one are you related to?

We're in the AFC. You get to post season by beating other AFC teams. That's why even if we got to 10 wins we still wouldn't make post season. It makes total sense to look at our performance primarily against AFC opponents

This sort of parsing, and hand-wringing analysis would be a discussion IF we were looking at tie-breakers. We're NOT. I'm being a realist when I say that we are an 8-7 team. I'm being a pessimist when I say we are going to finish as an 8-8 team, because I believe that the odds of us winning in Foxboro on Sunday are slim, indeed.

That is it. People who don't believe that we have improved over last year have an all-too-common short term memory problem. NONE of our wins this season were irrelevant, or gifted to us, any more than any of our losses were stolen from us.

You don't have t be happy with 8-8. But calling us anything less than that is cynically disingenuous.

We beat Detroit cause their kicker missed 3 field goals, two of them being chippies.

We beat Chicago in OT(always a coin flip), beat MN by completing a 4th and 20 something,against a rookie QB making his 2nd start, first on the road i think.And completing another jump ball at the end.

Beat Cleveland with a freak fumble recovery for a TD, beat GB with a punt return and Green Bay having more than 50% of their dropped passes in one year coming in that one game.

Wow! That's actually worse than I originally thought.

I'll change my 2015 prediction from 6-10 to 5-11 or even 4-12.

Things are looking up when you consider it was 2004 since the last time the Bills did better then 7-9 in a season, and the Bills could conceivably finish this season by trouncing the hated division rival Patriots. If that happened the Bills would duplicate the 9-7 finish of 2004, and everyone in the current coaching staff might get a third year.

OTOH, most of us Bills fans knew LG Andy Levitre needed to replaced with someone better then Colin Brown, and the backup center should be better then Doug Legursky. Most fans knew the team needed a viable veteran QB on the roster instead of three rookie QB's, and with Hackett as OC it was the blind leading the blind. Then we mostly knew that the team should have had an NFL senior adviser, and an experienced NFL QB coach. The team had neither in 2013. Fix these things properly and the team could have been in the playoffs last year instead of 6-10, and spinning wheels like a dragster on an oil slick.

2014 it was the same nonsense on the offensive side concerning the O line. The Bills bring in a veteran LG, but one who graded as one of the worst LG's in the NFL along with a history of being injured a lot. After that usually always injured LG went on IR the team tried filling the LG spot with a 5th round draft pick. All the while knowing that just about every player drafted after the 4th round the last 15 years has had a snowballs chance in hell of becoming a decent starter. The team used a #2 on a RT, and good thing they also used a 7th round on an OT because that 7th rounder started all year.

Most of the BS with the really bad offense could have been readily helped with the addition of some real NFL top talent at the OG position the last two years. I gotta wonder If GM Doug Whaley is going to try and get another year out of bums like Erik Pears & Kraig Urbik.

The 11-4 Dallas Cowboys used a #1 pick on OG Zack Martin, and he made the pro bowl as a rookie. He is also a big, big reason why they have the best rushing team in the NFL with a RB who leading the NFL in rushing with 1745 rushing yards. Plus, that line is allowing QB Tony Romo ample time to rip teams apart in the passing game. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wanted to draft Johnny football with that #1 pick, and was overruled by his son who opted for the OG. Who is the smarter person in that FO?

Anyway, some of us Bills fans think the Bills could have been in the playoffs last season minus all the massive moronic mistakes on the offensive side of the ball two years in a row.