Things are looking up for the Bills

gjv001

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this thread was a joke when I first opened it.

Then as I read down the replies, I realized how funny it really was.

If you take away all the interceptions and sacks the Bills got this year from that awesome defense, you are really left with zero interceptions and zero sacks. And that my friends is fricken rocket science.

I thought this thread was a joke when I first opened it.

Then as I read down the replies, I realized how funny it really was.

If you take away all the interceptions and sacks the Bills got this year from that awesome defense, you are really left with zero interceptions and zero sacks. And that my friends is fricken rocket science.

But, If you take away all the touchdowns and field goals given up by the defense, the Bills would be 15-0. How about them apples. Fire Schwartz!!!!

Actually this team took a step back. The wins over Detroit and Green Bay were gifts. The running game and line are significantly worse than last year. The best RB on the team is the worst starting RB in the NFL. TE situation is worse than last year. LB is the only unit that is significantly better.

And as always there is no answer at QB. They pissed away more than half a season on Kyle Orton. EJ hopefully learned a little watching but as many pointed out his accuracy may not be correctable. The best evidence of that is the fact Orton couldn't hit open guys either.

Agree with others this was a four or five win team. Marrone has completely screwed up the OL and QB position. Whaley has to fire him or they both need to go.

Whether or not you agree with the OP, I have to say this is the most non-sensicle response to anyone I have read in any thread, for... oh, at least a day or two...

Essentially, you are saying, "if you take away half of our wins, we've only won four games." Those are some mighty insightful statistics, there.

We're in the AFC. You get to post season by beating other AFC teams. That's why even if we got to 10 wins we still wouldn't make post season. It makes total sense to look at our performance primarily against AFC opponents

Honestly we didn't. Take away sweep of NFC north and we're a miserable 4 & 7 in the afc (most likely will end up 4 & 8). Of the 4 wins 2 came against the miserable jets and another against browns when they were playing miserable. So the only win against a halfway decent opponent was Miami, and they're not a playoff team either . That means there's a lot left to do to get into post season.

I hate to admit it, but I agree completely. Another couple of defensive injuries this season would have showed you how truly bad the offense was as they wouldn't be able to make up for it at all.

I think parts of this season were an apparition and if this team stays put I believe we are back to 6-10 next year.

...sorry, just my opinion.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

We're in the AFC. You get to post season by beating other AFC teams. That's why even if we got to 10 wins we still wouldn't make post season. It makes total sense to look at our performance primarily against AFC opponents

You get to the post season by winning games period. Beating NFC teams counts too. AFC wins are simply a tie breaker. You act like NFC games don't matter at all. That is insane.

And another thing..In your initial comment you took away credit for the Jets games because the Jets suck this year. So on one hand you say they don't count because the Jets suck, but with the other hand you say they are more important because they are AFC games. Your analysis is highly faulty. Any time you beat a team in your division, it is a huge plus. All wins are good. And all wins count. The Bills are what their record says they are......

Edited by PolishDave

You get to the post season by winning games period. Beating NFC teams counts too. AFC wins are simply a tie breaker. You act like NFC games don't matter at all. That is insane.

And another thing..In your initial comment you took away credit for the Jets games because the Jets suck this year. So on one hand you say they don't count because the Jets suck, but with the other hand you say they are more important because they are AFC games. Your analysis is highly faulty. Any time you beat a team in your division, it is a huge plus. All wins are good. And all wins count. The Bills are what their record says they are......

Wins ARENT THE SAME. Division wins and conference wins matter most. That's what at 10&6 we only had a 30% chance because we lose conference tie breakers. This is quite simple. And the most common way teams make post season is winning the division (8 out of 12 teams make it that way). Our division record shows we're treading water again. 3&3 .500 last year (swept by pats, sweep fins, split jets) and likely .500 this year too (swept by pats, sweep jets, split with fins)

Wins ARENT THE SAME. Division wins and conference wins matter most. That's what at 10&6 we only had a 30% chance because we lose conference tie breakers. This is quite simple. And the most common way teams make post season is winning the division (8 out of 12 teams make it that way). Our division record shows we're treading water again. 3&3 .500 last year (swept by pats, sweep fins, split jets) and likely .500 this year too (swept by pats, sweep jets, split with fins)

That is correct. Division wins are 1, AFC wins are 2 and NFC wins are 3 if ranked in importance.

Honestly we didn't. Take away sweep of NFC north and we're a miserable 4 & 7 in the afc (most likely will end up 4 & 8). Of the 4 wins 2 came against the miserable jets and another against browns when they were playing miserable. So the only win against a halfway decent opponent was Miami, and they're not a playoff team either . That means there's a lot left to do to get into post season.

Take away the NFC North, the Bills beat two 10-4 teams, Greenbay and Minnesota? I guess they suck right?

Doug Marrone and Doug Wahley will lead the Bills to the playoffs. Anyone who has not sensed the positive attitude change of the Bills Players hasn't paid attention to this team over the last 15 years. I expect they have a sound plan to improve the roster already.

Wow, things are so bright they got too wear shades!!!! great news!

Not only that, but if you also take away our four AFC wins because reasons, we're 0-15. A downward trend IMO. Fire everybody!

Doug Marrone and Doug Wahley will lead the Bills to the playoffs. Anyone who has not sensed the positive attitude change of the Bills Players hasn't paid attention to this team over the last 15 years. I expect they have a sound plan to improve the roster already.

What are you smoking? Another 8-8 season. Deja vu.

Not only that, but if you also take away our four AFC wins because reasons, we're 0-15. A downward trend IMO. Fire everybody!

Point of the analysis had you stopped to think instead of having an emotional response, is that versus our direct competition we showed badly. Not taking away wins against jets but it further emphasizes we didn't beat any of the teams we needed to in afc (pats, bolts, chiefs, broncos. raiders when we needed it) except perhaps fins who we split with , so that's really a push