Is it interesting that Terry & Kim Pegula have been silent?

BuffaloBill

Not sure what to make of the fact that they have said very little following the purchase of the franchise. I guess they are going to let the season close out and then do whatever it is they are going to do. The reality is that if they are going to make any significant changes they likely need to do so relatively quickly in order to have preparation time for the draft.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they knew well enough to stay out of things while a season was underway, particularly since the Bills showed improvement. Now that the season is effectively over, I would imagine we'll soon find out what changes are coming (i.e., consultant, etc.).

Theyre brand new owners and very successful business people. I dont think we will hear much from them for a bit, til a full evaluation of the team and organization can be made. Hell, i bet Terry hasnt even gotten all his pictures up on his office wall yet.

I think they knew well enough to stay out of things while a season was underway, particularly since the Bills showed improvement. Now that the season is effectively over, I would imagine we'll soon find out what changes are coming (i.e., consultant, etc.).

To the OP; disconcerting, actually..

I hope you're assessment is correct, eball, but I don't think so. Pegs doesn't impress me as knowing a damn thing about pro sports and his 'do-nothing' approach upon purchasing the Sabres is his only track record in this regard. Hell, the guy can't form a coherent sentence with two hands!

My hope comes from his insinuation that the 'Lttle Woman' takes the reigns. I get the impression SHE won't tolerate mediocrity.

BTW, Happy Holidays, eball!

It think it is safe to assume that they did not want to interfere with the day to day business of operations especially since the Bills were doing OK and staying competitive for a playoff spot. I suspect that if the season went off the rails weeks ago, that we would have seen more activity from the Pegula's and gotten a glimpse at the plan. With the end of the season quickly approaching and the playoff hopes out the window, I would imagine we will start to see information trickling out and speculation to begin about potential changes and moves.

This. Plus I'd imagine a purchase that big and complex takes some settling into. There are so many moving parts on both the football side and the business side that you can't just rush in there and start changing things around until you have your bearings.

I hope you're assessment is correct, eball, but I don't think so. Pegs doesn't impress me as knowing a damn thing about pro sports and his 'do-nothing' approach upon purchasing the Sabres is his only track record in this regard. Hell, the guy can't form a coherent sentence with two hands!

My hope comes from his insinuation that the 'Lttle Woman' takes the reigns. I get the impression SHE won't tolerate mediocrity.

Jesus...someone is in a extremely bad mood

Lets give the new owners a chance.....before talking this......stuff

Nope! ...and I'm glad, we don't need a Jerry Jones owner shooting his mouth off. I'm as disgusted as anyone about yesterday but give Pegula a break (for now) the family bought the team during the season and played the hand they had. Anybodies thats a Sabres fan knows TP is not comfortable in front of a camera. If the TEAM doesn't make off season changes that don't result in the playoffs then flame me with him next January.

Not sure what to make of the fact that they have said very little following the purchase of the franchise. I guess they are going to let the season close out and then do whatever it is they are going to do. The reality is that if they are going to make any significant changes they likely need to do so relatively quickly in order to have preparation time for the draft.

If you over payed for an Ice Cream Stand and then at the peak of Summer the Ice Cream goes sort of bad would you then complain about it and talk about how next year will be better. Plus they really only know what they are told about the Bills and the NFL...prudent to shut up at just watch it happen for a while. Do you expect the owners to make this all better? They are not graduates of football academy..they are business folks who lucked out with the natural gas Boom in PA. Jeeze

I wouldn't use the Sabres as a guide. I'm sure the Pegulas have learned a lot from that debacle. I think they're in a very good position to gauge why this team has not played up to its potential, and I have a hunch it will be addressed in short order.

Why? Because she's Asian?