You pick our next OC

BmarvB

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you are talking about is what the Bills tried to do this season.

Didn't work.

Not saying it can't work with better personnel but in the interest of playoffs or bust Marrone and Hackett abandoned their up-tempo 2013 attack for a slow-down.

They wanted to run the ball more in 2014 but down and distance is what kept them from running more....not a lack of commitment to it.

When you are one dimensional any defense can adapt to what you do. Teams took away the run and rushed the passer on their way to the backfield because the Bills interior OL was a turnstyle.

The more aggressive hurry-up approach of 2013 actually better served the young QB's.

if they were trying to be a power run team than why did they put converted tackles at guard where they have less leverage and push in the run game. Why do they throw 40+ times a game. Why do they ignore the guard position that is important for power running. This offensive coaching staff doesn't know what they want to be. They throw **** at the wall and hope for the best.

Why do we try to run out of shotgun if we want to be a running team.

why do we only have 3 running plays?

This offense is the exact opposite of what I am talking about

Edited by kr632

You don't say?

If Marrone goes, hire Darrell Bevell. Winning pedigree, innovative offensive mind and a pupil of the best player coach in todays NFL, Pete Carrol. I'd love to see what he could do with this team.

Bevell's a strong pick as is Pete's offensive guru, and current QB coach, u Carl Smith. As he seems to be joined at Carrol's hip I wonder if we could snag him to be an OC.

Edited by The Jokeman

if they were trying to be a power run team than why did they put converted tackles at guard where they have less leverage and push in the run game.

Because they were wrong. But they were also wrong last year as well when they tried to go with 6'8" Colin Brown to replace Levitre.

When Buddy Nix became GM he stated that his opinion was that you draft tackles and move them inside to fill your guard positions.

They want to run the ball. We agree that their approach is flawed but this isn't a pass happy offensive braintrust.

if they were trying to be a power run team than why did they put converted tackles at guard where they have less leverage and push in the run game. Why do they throw 40+ times a game. Why do they ignore the guard position that is important for power running. This offensive coaching staff doesn't know what they want to be. They throw **** at the wall and hope for the best.

Why do we try to run out of shotgun if we want to be a running team.

why do we only have 3 running plays?

This offense is the exact opposite of what I am talking about

They threw it so much because they simply couldn't run it. Running the ball simply didn't work all season. It was akn to bashing their heads agains the wall. Also, they were behind a lot.

Because they were wrong. But they were also wrong last year as well when they tried to go with 6'8" Colin Brown to replace Levitre.

When Buddy Nix became GM he stated that his opinion was that you draft tackles and move them inside to fill your guard positions.

They want to run the ball. We agree that their approach is flawed but this isn't a pass happy offensive braintrust.

Exactly. That is one of the greatest myths floating around on this board, btw. They pass so much because it's the only way they can move the ball.

Joe czerepak. He is in 8 th grade right now but he has a good head on him. helping with the high school football team. Figure by the time he gets out of College gets a few years in as college coach he should be ready for nfl in about 15 years

I would have loved it if we had Kyle Shannahan as our OC. I think he has a great mind and does really well with mixing things up and designing plays.

I also like Bill Lazor in Miami.

I think either of those guys will be HCs soon enough.

Edited by Bangarang

If Shwartz heads out then I just promote Pepper Johnson and keep the rest of the defensive staff intact.

The fact that Pepper has been overlooked for promotions in NE leads me to believe that Belichick didn't think he was up to the task.

I was not a big Schwartz fan coming in but not because he couldn't do a decent job of gameplanning.

I'd give Donnie Henderson that shot before Pepper.

Henderson is the Joe D of this staff and he has DC experience.....he's the one position coach most likely to be missed and he'd probably be miffed if he was passed over after taking a chance on Marrone.