Two NYPD officers killed execution-style

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the guy have a clue? Does he ever accept the blame for anything??

No, he doesn't...but that's someone else's fault.

He's also already said that he's going to veto everything that crosses his desk from the "obstructionist" Congress.

Edited by DC Tom

No, he doesn't...but that's someone else's fault.

He's also already said that he's going to veto everything that crosses his desk from the "obstructionist" Congress.

I am really curious to see the media response when this happens Tom.

It is so outrageous a strategy, when you recall his "do nothing " and "radicals" rhetoric over the past few year about the Congress,

Will the stenographers in he media be willing to point out that Obama's comments make no sense.

(Rhetorical)

Help me out, genuinely.

I have been traveling out of country for most of December. I kept glossing past this story assuming that it was minor and would blow over. What did De Blasio do that is so bad?

I just googled 6 stories about the cops turning their backs and none are specific as to what he did. The best I got was this, which doesn't seem to be a giant deal.

There must be something more to this but the news seems to assume everyone knows what set off the back-turning.

“It’s different for a white child. That’s just the reality in this country,” de Blasio said. “And with Dante, very early on with my son, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do, don’t move suddenly, don’t reach for your cellphone,’ because we knew, sadly, there’s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.”

Edited by John Adams

Help me out, genuinely.

I have been traveling out of country for most of December. I kept glossing past this story assuming that it was minor and would blow over. What did De Blasio do that is so bad?

I just googled 6 stories about the cops turning their backs and none are specific as to what he did. The best I got was this, which doesn't seem to be a giant deal.

There must be something more to this but the news seems to assume everyone knows what set off the back-turning.

“It’s different for a white child. That’s just the reality in this country,” de Blasio said. “And with Dante, very early on with my son, we said, ‘Look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do, don’t move suddenly, don’t reach for your cellphone,’ because we knew, sadly, there’s a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color.”

Yup nothing wrong there other than saying that NY cops treat young men of color differently. Essentially calling them racists.

Yup nothing wrong there other than saying that NY cops treat young men of color differently. Essentially calling them racists.

And so that very real and practical piece of advice to his black son is racist?

What a world.

Is that really it then? That's what has caused all of this?

I get that in the heightened Ferguson crap and executed cop atmosphere, your average politician should pick his moment and not share that story, but come on.

Edited by John Adams

He also put it his way...................which seems to indict them all

When Mayor de Blasio first spoke about the non-indictment of the police officer who killed Eric Garner, he placed the case in a personal context:

Chirlane and I have had to talk to Dante for years about the dangers that he may face. A good young man, law-abiding young man who would never think to do anything wrong. And yet, because of a history that still hangs over us, the dangers he may face, we've had to literally train him—as families have all over this city for decades—in how to take special care in any encounter he has with the police officers who are there to protect him.

But, I think that it was more what he didn't say.

With the grand jury's decision, the police felt that the mayor should have shown them more support and not just give a "political" calculated response.

So when the two NYPD officers were executed in direct response to the Garner decision, the police ranks felt (rightly or wrongly) even more betrayed.

http://nypost.com/20...on-of-two-cops/

I wonder how much revenue NYC has lost?

I have no doubt that there are a lot - not a majority, but still a good amount - of protesters who consider that not only a success, but a fair trade-off for the lives of two cops.

He also put it his way...................which seems to indict them all

But, I think that it was more what he didn't say.

With the grand jury's decision, the police felt that the mayor should have shown them more support and not just give a "political" calculated response.

So when the two NYPD officers were executed in direct response to the Garner decision, the police ranks felt (rightly or wrongly) even more betrayed.

And there was this:

But we also know that this chapter is not yet complete. The grand jury is but one part of the process. There will still be an NYPD internal investigation. And we know the US Attorney is continuing her investigation. Should the federal government choose to act, we stand ready to cooperate.

If I were NYPD, I'd probably be a little pissed at that.

What a world.

I get that in the heightened Ferguson crap and executed cop atmosphere, your average politician should pick his moment and not share that story, but come on.

News flash:

If you're white, black, asian, native american, hispanic or reptoid and a cop pulls you over/questions you, you'd better not reach into your pockets unless told to.

News flash:

If you're white, black, asian, native american, hispanic or reptoid and a cop pulls you over/questions you, you'd better not reach into your pockets unless told to.

Newsflash: If you're black, it's more dangerous.

I doubt any rational person would disagree with that.

I don't fault the police for being biased--that's what keeps them alive most days. The 50 year old white lady walking her dog in the park is not likely to pull out a gun and shoot someone. The black kid in the hoodie is also not likely to do it...but the probability increases.

Thanks for the additional quotes. Totally agree that his timing is crap. But this also seems like one of those instances where the rush to judgment has turned into a lemming avalanche. De Blasio is today's tar and feather victim.

Edited by John Adams

What a world.

It's rarely one thing, and looking in isolation, the comments to the son are very common sense.

Yet this is a mayor who's historically been critical of NYPD and they were very wary of his election. His appointment of Bratton was viewed as a bridge, but didn't buy enough good will.. Among his first actions was not going forward with stop and frisk appeal, which the police viewed as a successful program.

It was that, plus what others indicated, was the culmination of many slights the NYPD felt came from the mayor's office, including not being forceful enough at the early stages of the protests that appeared to position the mayor with the protestors against the cops.

Edited by GG

Newsflash: If you're black, it's more dangerous.

Newsflash you are wrong.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/john-perazzo/police-shootings-race-in-an-age-of-lies/

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ard0309st.pdf

"from 2003 to 2009. Of all suspects who are known to have been killed by law-enforcement officers during that time frame, 41.7% were white, 31.7% were black, and 20.3% were Hispanic."