• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he killed his own value with his play the past 6 years

Forte

marshall

Jeffrey

Bennet

and a solid Oline

After seeing what Mccown did last year and the bears averaged 28 ppg last year and now this year they average 21 ppg .

They built everything up around him and he has not delivered

Exactly how I feel.

Cutler sucks!

Any Bills fan who seriously wants this guy needs to go see a shrink. Cutler sucks. Let him go play for the Jets or someone else other than Buffalo.

No way Whaley sings that loser.

If the Bears cut cutler they will be up for a $19.5M cap hit($3M worse off than if they keep him). They would be better off IMO to keep him for 1 season and cut him in 2016 instead. The overall money for doing that would be exactly the same($19.5M) as cutting him in 2015.

If they trade him they will be up for a $4M dead cap hit, and the trading team would have to pay Cutler $15.5M in 2015 and $16M in 2016. If trading team wants to cut him after 2015 season they would be up for a $6M dead hit. After 2016 they could cut him without incurring a dead cap hit.

Essentially this means that any team trading for Cutler would be taking a 1 year $21.5M gamble....or a 2 year $31.5M gamble......and if he pans out would be up for an average/year of $18.175M for the rest of his contract(2017-2021). That is a lot of money to gamble on a player that has just been benched IMO.

Edited by Dibs

They should bench the entire offensive line too. Especially Garza. Not blaming all of Cutler's ills on the o-line, but they are putrid.

Cutler holds on to the ball too long (Like in our game) and makes mistakes. The biggest problem I believe with Cutler is his locker room presence. From everything said, he is a jerk and not a team-first palyer. Second, I got to think that he does not always execute the plays as designed by the OC.

If the Bears cut cutler they will be up for a $19.5M cap hit($3M worse off than if they keep him). They would be better off IMO to keep him for 1 season and cut him in 2016 instead. The overall money for doing that would be exactly the same($19.5M) as cutting him in 2015.

If they trade him they will be up for a $4M dead cap hit, and the trading team would have to pay Cutler $15.5M in 2015 and $16M in 2016. If trading team wants to cut him after 2015 season they would be up for a $6M dead hit. After 2016 they could cut him without incurring a dead cap hit.

Essentially this means that any team trading for Cutler would be taking a 1 year $21.5M gamble....or a 2 year $31.5M gamble......and if he pans out would be up for an average/year of $18.175M for the rest of his contract(2017-2021). That is a lot of money to gamble on a player that has just been benched IMO.

I am sure a team trading for Cutler will renegotiate the contract to be more friendly. Cutler knows that his time with Chicago is done. I am sure he would want to be starting QB somewhere rather than riding the bench in Chicago next Fall.

Exactly how I feel.

Cutler sucks!

Any Bills fan who seriously wants this guy needs to go see a shrink. Cutler sucks. Let him go play for the Jets or someone else other than Buffalo.

No way Whaley sings that loser.

I'm indifferent on him, but what do you suggest as an alternative? Surely Orton is not the answer. I highly doubt Bradford leaves SL. RG3? It's slim pickings out there.

I'm indifferent on him, but what do you suggest as an alternative? Surely Orton is not the answer. I highly doubt Bradford leaves SL. RG3? It's slim pickings out there.

I don't know what other quarterbacks are going to be available. But I would start EJ before I would sign Cutler and play him.

At this point I'd expect him to be on the roster next year competing for a job under a new coach

For what the next 2-4 years tops until FA shreds us apart like a steel fart.

Thats what we have years wise to make our run - Chicago doesn't want to be tied down with Cutler for 6 years so thier doing everything they can to piss him off and make him want to leave. We can only dream he ends up here and brings a big, strong guard buddy with him. Championship run for 2-4 years with that team and after 15 years of **** I'm rdy to risk it and really go for it.

PS - I'd rather have Bradford if available over Cutler but there are only about 10 guys who play you can count one and we need one of those ten next season.

Edited by pepsicat17

He blows. Did anyone see the pick he threw to Kyle Williams ? Lol. He's been to post season 1x in 9 years. And somehow he's the answer ? 2x lol. The WRs and run game he had in Chicago are better than what we have yet he's supposed to make ours work? 3x lol. And all that to blow up our cap space? 4x lol

No freaking way. Absolutely no freaking way he's coming here

Not even sure that will happen. Whaley is building a full, deep, versatile team, mirrored from his education at the Steelers, so that we can be strong year in and year out.

Whaley needs a quarterback badly and has no first round pick. I'd rather have Cutler playing under a good quarterback coach and behind, hopefully, an improved line than who we have now taking snaps.

Sure he is. I hate him. He's not good but he's better right now than EJ or Orton. I'm not saying I want him here. ;)

I think this is what most of us feel about Cutler. We realize a defense like this wont stay together very long and we need to take a shot. Saying EJ and Orton are better QB's then Cutler is just untrue. You honestly believe Orton can make the throws that Cutler can?

I think this is what most of us feel about Cutler. We realize a defense like this wont stay together very long and we need to take a shot. Saying EJ and Orton are better QB's then Cutler is just untrue. You honestly believe Orton can make the throws that Cutler can?

I believe Orton will throw less of his passes to the other team

And I can't stand watching Orton

I believe Orton will throw less of his passes to the other team

And I can't stand watching Orton

But Orton won't pass more then 15 yards. If you watch the all-22 you can see our receivers open down the filed all day long. I want a gunslinger to connect with Sammy and Woods. Maybe just after 15 years I'm ready for something different then the 3-4 year rebuilding that never ends and I'm ready to make a move. !@#$ing Brady won't even remember our teams name when he retires. But I get what your saying about Orton but answer me this, truthfully, is he a QB that can take us to a superbowl?

I know I'm gonna get killed for saying this...But we're Kirk Cousins, two decent guards and one halfway competent OC away from challenging for a championship. There's talent on this offense. Just utter lack of creativity in terms of how to use them.

For the record, I think the Redskins are one dysfunctional franchise. They're a clustersuck right now. Even Colt McCoy has struggled prior to his injury.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/12/17/kirk-cousins-ive-learned-from-my-mistakes/

EJ is way to inaccurate for my tastes. Cousins isn't the long term answer. But he has a good combination of leadership, accuracy, athleticism and football intelligence. Right now I'm guessing he would be available for a 4th or 5th round pick.

The 2nd round pick in the 2015 draft has to be a for a top notch guard. I would then use our 2016 1st pick on a QB to groom behind whomever ends up leading the charge next year.

C

But Orton won't pass more then 15 yards. If you watch the all-22 you can see our receivers open down the filed all day long. I want a gunslinger to connect with Sammy and Woods. Maybe just after 15 years I'm ready for something different then the 3-4 year rebuilding that never ends and I'm ready to make a move. !@#$ing Brady won't even remember our teams name when he retires. But I get what your saying about Orton but answer me this, truthfully, is he a QB that can take us to a superbowl?

Not an elfin chance. But IMO neither is Cutler

You think because Cutler can throw the ball far that means he can take us to the SB ?

You know what the Bears are asking themselves right now ? What else can they do to have some sort of success with Cutler ? They have gotten rid of coaches and built up a fantasy team, around him and they still cannot have any sort of success with Cutler ?