• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its been many a decade

The Birds!!!

when I was a kid I had nightmares for weeks

not many creep me out these days.

One that totally had me fooled / shocked me was

The Sixth Sense

I was in sixth grade when The Sixth Sense came out. That was pretty creepy at the time. Before that, the dollhouse episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? terrified me as a young lad.

I can't really think of cases where movies freaked me out while watching them, but two specific stories about being freaked out later in the day come to mind. My mom said that she found me in the middle of the night trying to climb out a window after we had watched Arachnophobia earlier that day. I really don't remember anything from that movie, but I guess it messed with my 10 year old mind. The other was Blair Witch, which I absolutely hated. I was annoyed and bored while in the theater, but later when I was driving through a pretty remote area in Eden by myself, I remember being creeped out a bit.

I can't really think of cases where movies freaked me out while watching them, but two specific stories about being freaked out later in the day come to mind. My mom said that she found me in the middle of the night trying to climb out a window after we had watched Arachnophobia earlier that day. I really don't remember anything from that movie, but I guess it messed with my 10 year old mind. The other was Blair Witch, which I absolutely hated. I was annoyed and bored while in the theater, but later when I was driving through a pretty remote area in Eden by myself, I remember being creeped out a bit.

The first time I watched Blair Witch I was visiting my mom who basically lived in the woods outside of Huntsville, Ont. The tv was downstairs which backed out to the back lawn which backed to the lake. As you can imagine totally black outside which was right there because of huge sliding doors and a couple windows. Pretty late at night and by myself with the parents in bed. Creepy setting to watch that particular flick.

"Duel" with Dennis Weaver. That truck driver, even though you never really saw him and didn't have any lines, totally creeped me out when I was a kid.

This ^^^.

I remember reading The Exorcist in college and asked my dorm buddies if there was a movie of this book. Then two weeks later the movie was released.

I wasn't asked what horror movie scared me. I was asked what movie creeped me out. Watching a guy being forced to rape someone with a blade-covered strap-on creeped me out. I have no problem admitting that.

Alright, I take the Nancy boy comment back. You really should force yourself to watch the rest of the movie though. See the "acts" through to completion.

Sounds like a great movie.

It really is a great movie. Not for the faint of heart I suppose.

its been many a decade

The Birds!!!

Good call, great movie. Actually that was a bit creepy as a kid.

I went to a wedding reception in Bodega Bay in some schoolhouse that was used in the movie.