Mario

Fredo G.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I loved was seeing him and Manny Lawson literally bear hugging and jumping up and down after the strip sack. That passion and excitement was great to see. Talk about what Mario is paid all you like... he plays with his heart and soul every single down he is on the field. In a league where we seem to expect big money FA pass rushers to be busts Mario is a shining exception.

I also love the taps on the helmet and on the shoulders of the younger guys and the second string guys when they make a play. Between him and Kyle there is some proper veteran leadership on that line.

I am really happy for Mario. In 2011, when his contract was coming due in Houston and he suffered the pectoral injury, I still had him pegged as the #1 FA target. First year was rocky for sure. These last two year combined however have been two of the best back to back years by a DE in recent memory. Very ahppy for him. He has many years left.

I do hope that some how Pegula-bucks works out some sort of 3rd party endorsement deal or something with Mario so that Mario has the appetite to restrucutre hsi contract after this year. We cant lose Jerry Hughes or Marcel Dareus.

What I loved was seeing him and Manny Lawson literally bear hugging and jumping up and down after the strip sack. That passion and excitement was great to see. Talk about what Mario is paid all you like... he plays with his heart and soul every single down he is on the field. In a league where we seem to expect big money FA pass rushers to be busts Mario is a shining exception.

I also love the taps on the helmet and on the shoulders of the younger guys and the second string guys when they make a play. Between him and Kyle there is some proper veteran leadership on that line.

Mario was already a shining exception, when he signed with the Buffalo Bills, a small market team, where he is unlikely to ever get national recognition unless they won the Super Bowl.

It's great to have someone that can come up HUGE when needed. Kinda like Bruce Smith did. So glad Mario chose to come here. Yea the money may have persuaded him or the fact that they wouldn't let him leave until he signed a contract but I don't think he would rather be anywhere else right now.

Edited by bmur66

It's great to have someone that can come up HUGE when needed. Kinda like Bruce Smith did. So glad Mario chose to come here. Yea the money may have persuaded him or the fact that they wouldn't let him leave until he signed a contract but I don't think he would rather be anywhere else right now.

i think if he lives out his contract, he will have played the majority of his career in Buffalo. Regardless what he does when his contract expires and he resigns or not.

With that said, he's probably our next HOFer. And I couldn't be more excited about going back to Canton for Mario.

He truly loves this city and it's people I think. Loves the thought of hunting and everything that comes with WNY. I bet he stays longer than his contract.

Can someone explain the safety to me?

Why was it ruled a dead play when the ball went into the endzone?

CBF

Under 2 minutes, the player who fumbles is the only eligible player who can advance the ball. Since Lacy gained possession, it was ruled down at that spot (in the end zone).

CBF

It wasnt Ruled dead play as soon as Lacey grabbed it. In last two minutes only guy that fumbled it can advance it. As soon as Lacey picked it up the ball is dead there because he cant advance it.

CBF

With under 2 minutes to play (not sure if it's both halves, or just at the end of the game), a fumbled ball cannot be advanced by any member of the fumbling team except the guy who fumbled it. As soon as someone else on his team recovers it, it's a dead ball. So AR fumbled and he would have to have been the one to recover in order for them to advance the ball. As soon as the RB recovered, the play was dead. Since it was dead in the end zone, safety.

kj

Edit: And I'm slow.

Edited by l< j