Every time the media hypes Johnny Football, think of this pic

HOUSE

Can somebody enlarge this pic, having problems

What a bunch of Media BS with this guy.

So this photo proves Manziel is not any good? Am I missing something? Are you surprised that a Heisman-winning QB making his first start in the NFL is generating media attention?

So this photo proves Manziel is not any good? Am I missing something? Are you surprised that a Heisman-winning QB making his first start in the NFL is generating media attention?

No one is surprised there's hype, it's the amount of hype and how it's generated by the league and media, not by the fans. I think there was a poll after the Bills game and I'm pretty sure the fan voting was in favor of Hoyer (at the time I looked at it it was). But the media relentlessly pushed on. And the top plays segments would feature his TD run and not even acknowledge Hughes undeniably better play in that game. That's league and media infused hype, not fan hype. That's what many don't like about it. Even if he becomes a HOF QB, the hype is way over the top this early.

No one is surprised there's hype, it's the amount of hype and how it's generated by the league and media, not by the fans. I think there was a poll after the Bills game and I'm pretty sure the fan voting was in favor of Hoyer (at the time I looked at it it was). But the media relentlessly pushed on. And the top plays segments would feature his TD run and not even acknowledge Hughes undeniably better play in that game. That's league and media infused hype, not fan hype. That's what many don't like about it. Even if he becomes a HOF QB, the hype is way over the top this early.

What does the photo prove?

What does the photo prove?

That Johnny talks w/marbles in his mouth! "Oh Lawd!!!"

I am always busting on the southern towboat pilots @ work when they talk on the marine radio. I am like: "Speak a little faster, we don't have all day... AND get the marbles out of your mouth!" They are like: " You northern fellas (really guys... But oh, well "fella" is fine) speak way too fast, need more coffee! LoL...

J/K

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yep, this. He showed some flashes, with the drive leading up to his TD run. And he showed some lack of composure, with his poor reaction to the bad snap leading to what should have been a Buffalo TD. Some good, some bad, let's see some more to see what he's got. But the media is acting as though he's the second coming.

It was the same thing with Tebow and with Vince Young.

Yep, this. He showed some flashes, with the drive leading up to his TD run. And he showed some lack of composure, with his poor reaction to the bad snap leading to what should have been a Buffalo TD. Some good, some bad, let's see some more to see what he's got. But the media is acting as though he's the second coming.

It was the same thing with Tebow and with Vince Young.

OK, I get it. But you really can't blame the league and the media for hyping the guy. The NFL is not exactly brimming with exciting young QB talent right now. Look at the garbage the Rams and Cardinals ran out there Thursday night. Other than Luck and Wilson, it's pretty bleak. Edited by mannc