F-ing JP , should of, could of, would of...

Pete

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we all know how poorly the Bills have drafted over the years. Even Sammy won't live up to the expectations of his cost, simply because we will never have a QB to throw to him, and he'll go somewhere legit when his contract is over. Oh to be a Bills fan. :bag:

but the scrawny QB won all his SB before spygate. Plus I still believe the Cheaters have found a new way to really defensive calls to Brady before the snaps

Really? I'm the first one to say that the Super Bowl weren't legit, but you can't deny the dude is good. Or at the very least, better than the players I mentioned drafting before him.

In 2004, we traded our second round pick(could of been Darnell docket, bob sanders, etc) and our 2005 first round pick to trade up for JP. Well that 2005 1st pick was 20th overall. Aaron Rogers was drafted 24th. !@#$ you tom donahoe

Am I the only one confused that the title says F-ing JP, should of, could of, would of and the OP says !@#$ you tom donahoe? Shouldn't the whole thing be on Donahoe since he made the trade?

Remember when Rodgers was considered a bust, sitting on the bench in GB?

I don't ever remember his being labeled as that. As I recall it, the Packers knew what they had in Rodgers. They had the luxury of time for him to sit and develop with Favre at the helm. When Favre retired, GB wasn't concerned at all because Rodgers was ready.

I don't ever remember his being labeled as that. As I recall it, the Packers knew what they had in Rodgers. They had the luxury of time for him to sit and develop with Favre at the helm. When Favre retired, GB wasn't concerned at all because Rodgers was ready.

I know I considered him to be a bust. Part of that was my view that all Jeff Tedford QBs are.

You should look at some old GB articles and message boards-- a lot of those fans felt the same way. Pretty funny, in hindsight.

I know I considered him to be a bust. Part of that was my view that all Jeff Tedford QBs are.

You should look at some old GB articles and message boards-- a lot of those fans felt the same way. Pretty funny, in hindsight.

Definitely funny because Favre was an FN iron man and Rodgers barely played.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. All teams make mistakes in the draft. Some are more obvious than others. The Bills made some drafting mistakes, maybe more than other teams. But what's not apparent in the present becomes clear and obvious with the passing of time and the availability of more information.

If every team knew Brady was going to be what he is then he would have been the #1 overall pick that year. But not one team saw it including the Patriots who basically stepped in 'it' when the took a flyer on a QB with a late round pick. A stoke of blind luck, not design or planning, or skill, or knowledge lead to their dominant run.

Hey, I should have bought a couple thousand shares of Microsoft in the 80's instead of that new car and married that rich girl I was dating too!

To think that Aaron Rodgers would be the same player had he been drafted by the Bills is just an absolutely ludicrous premise.

Player development does not happen in a vacuum. The Green Bay Packers and the Buffalo Bills are extremely different organizations, especially back in 2006 when he was drafted.

Rodgers went to Green Bay, where he sat for 3 years behind one of the greatest QBs of all time, learning a system that had been established for over a decade, with some of the best coaches for play calling, game planning, and player development.

Had he been drafted by the Bills, he would have been thrown into the fire right away, being "coached up" by football geniuses the likes of Dick Jauron and the 3 headed OC monster of Fairchild, Schonert, and Van Pelt.

He even said in a recent interview that his TD:Int ratio is the stat he is most proud of because he watched how the coaches reacted to all the picks Favre threw and ball control was engrained in him over that time. That is a major lesson he would have missed in Buffalo.

If the Bills drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would've broken him and he'd be sitting exactly where Losman and Edwards are right now. Maybe he could've hung on as a backup somewhere for a little bit. But we would have really messed him up given the state of the franchise at that time.

I guess I am the only one around here that wouldn't want Watt on our team vs. Dareus. I don't think Watt adds to the team what Dareus is capable of and over the course of their career I think Dareus plays longer at a higher level then Watt.

Look at Wilfork vs. JPP, for example.

I guess I am the only one around here that wouldn't want Watt on our team vs. Dareus. I don't think Watt adds to the team what Dareus is capable of and over the course of their career I think Dareus plays longer at a higher level then Watt.

Look at Wilfork vs. JPP, for example.

can i say im totally happy with either, and while youd have to consider the trade -- dont think its near the upgrade of talent the OP does, and dareus fits very well in a role we need here already.

and that i have no confidence that rodgers would have been half the player he is today had he been given to mularkey and passed to jauron?

Edited by NoSaint

The list goes on & on & on !!

Thats why we haven't been in the play offs in so long !!

That is also why Whaley needs to stay in his place because his recruiting guys have shown they know talent better than Modrak & friends ever could have ...

Edited by T master

To think that Aaron Rodgers would be the same player had he been drafted by the Bills is just an absolutely ludicrous premise.

Player development does not happen in a vacuum. The Green Bay Packers and the Buffalo Bills are extremely different organizations, especially back in 2006 when he was drafted.

Rodgers went to Green Bay, where he sat for 3 years behind one of the greatest QBs of all time, learning a system that had been established for over a decade, with some of the best coaches for play calling, game planning, and player development.

Had he been drafted by the Bills, he would have been thrown into the fire right away, being "coached up" by football geniuses the likes of Dick Jauron and the 3 headed OC monster of Fairchild, Schonert, and Van Pelt.

He even said in a recent interview that his TD:Int ratio is the stat he is most proud of because he watched how the coaches reacted to all the picks Favre threw and ball control was engrained in him over that time. That is a major lesson he would have missed in Buffalo.

If the Bills drafted Aaron Rodgers, we would've broken him and he'd be sitting exactly where Losman and Edwards are right now. Maybe he could've hung on as a backup somewhere for a little bit. But we would have really messed him up given the state of the franchise at that time.

This is something I often wonder... how many of the great QBs are a product of development, and how many would be great no matter where they land?

I'm not sure if any young QB could come here and develop into a great QB, we would basically have to luck (heh) into someone who is naturally great.