The assassination of Doug Marrone by the coward Kyle Orton

Kyle Ortons refusal to make an effort to try and scramble for a first down yesterday was the worst thing I've seen from a Bills QB since Billy Joe Hobert publicly admitted to not studying the playbook. If that wasn't bad enough, after the game Orton stated that he should have thrown the ball away and let the coach make a decision to go for it on 4th down. Worse than all that though was Doug Marrone defending Orton at the podium after the game. How do you defend a play like that when your defense week after week plays at a high level and puts the team in position to win games? I wonder how they felt watching that lame effort from the sidelines. There is nothing wrong with calling out your QB once in a while. Pettine did it in Cleveland and Philbin did it in Miami. Someone on this board said that some people are not cut out to be leaders. Kyle Orton will never lead this team to the playoffs, and Marrones defense of his cowardly play yesterday may have sealed his fate as coach of this team.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread title. Crappy point. But :beer: for the reference.

Parcells once said he would rather be respected than liked. Marrone seems like he's trying to be everyones friend, and ultimately I think that will lead to his demise. He even took responsibility for the penalties yesterday saying it was on him. This team needs leadership and if it doesn't come from the coach or the QB where will it come from? That was the point I was trying to make.

Parcells once said he would rather be respected than liked. Marrone seems like he's trying to be everyones friend, and ultimately I think that will lead to his demise. He even took responsibility for the penalties yesterday saying it was on him. This team needs leadership and if it doesn't come from the coach or the QB where will it come from? That was the point I was trying to make.

Just ask Urbik and Mike Williams.

Orton is what he is...he has some talents, but running the ball just isn't one of them. He just isn't fast enough, or athletic enough to turn that play into a first down...so he avoided a hit which very likely could have led to a fumble, and whatever else. Whenever he has to move in the pocket, with his heavy feet, I get the feeling that his number one priority is not to turn the ball over...I don't think anything less of him after that play.

Also, if you haven't noticed, head caoches (except maybe John Gruden) are usually very reluctant to criticize, through the media, their QBs.

lol,that was a bad decision IMO. He could have dove forward to try for a stick. i also liked the slide in the middle of the pocket to avoid a hit. Orton was in rare form early in the game yesterday

Knowing some people that played for Marrone in Syracuse this isn't it at all. Marrone likes to keep everything in house. He wants there to be open discussion between players and coaches and doesn't want the splintering of position groups that happens from time to time on football teams.

Taking responsibility for the penalties is leadership.

I don't think "trying to be everyone's freind" is one of Marrones' problems. It is pretty apparent, if you follow the team closely, that he has had issues with players in the past, and manybe even has a "doug house" for some of them. I also think, early on, he was pretty loose lipped with the media, and has learned, the hard way, not to say too much, and not to give the media any insight into any internal issues he has with players.

lol,that was a bad decision IMO. He could have dove forward to try for a stick. i also liked the slide in the middle of the pocket to avoid a hit. Orton was in rare form early in the game yesterday

The bracing for contact multiple times drove me insane. No keeping his eyes downfield, no standing tall in the pocket, no anything other than waiting to get sacked. One of the times he did it the line held up and he got confused lol.

I don't think "trying to be everyone's freind" is one of Marrones' problems. It is pretty apparent, if you follow the team closely, that he has had issues with players in the past, and manybe even has a "doug house" for some of them. I also think, early on, he was pretty loose lipped with the media, and has learned, the hard way, not to say too much, and not to give the media any insight into any internal issues he has with players.

The "Doug House." :lol: :lol: Excellent.

Youre kidding right?

Remember when he lined up the entire team in TC and made them run sprints for fighting? Marrone is an !@#$ but I think we need an !@#$ right now

Kyle Ortons refusal to make an effort to try and scramble for a first down yesterday was the worst thing I've.......blah, blah, blah....

EJ did the same thing week in,and week out.....

At least the white trash, brown liquor loving, cigar smoking, slack jawed Orton put up 355 on Denver.

EJ would've ran for the tunnel after the first handoff....