The assassination of Doug Marrone by the coward Kyle Orton

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton is what he is...he has some talents, but running the ball just isn't one of them. He just isn't fast enough, or athletic enough to turn that play into a first down...so he avoided a hit which very likely could have led to a fumble, and whatever else. Whenever he has to move in the pocket, with his heavy feet, I get the feeling that his number one priority is not to turn the ball over...I don't think anything less of him after that play.

Also, if you haven't noticed, head caoches (except maybe John Gruden) are usually very reluctant to criticize, through the media, their QBs.

So funny to see the Orton bandwagon moving down the road at a 5 Million dollar clip.

Edited by DirtDart

Because the alternative is much worse than the current problem.

Yeah. Lets see EJ light up the Packers for 98 yards! Yeah!

Nobody in this thread has been discussing the alternatives to playing Orton......with no mention of EJ whatsoever. Your raising it in this thread is very out of place (other threads are covering that topic).

Orton is the best QB on the roster. That is THE problem on this team. The entire offseason was about not bringing in competition for EJ for whatever reason. Thus, the Bills have Orton. I am a fan of Whaley's on all levels except for the part that the Bills have a wasteland at QB.

Orton said that he slid because he was sure he couldn't pick up the first down. Given his mobility and the proximity of Denver defenders, I am not prepared to state that I know he was wrong because it looked that way on TV. I am sure that the coaches are going to look at the tape and see if he had any chance to make it but even if they conclude that he did wimp out, what do you expect the coaches to say, in public? Do you really think a head coach with a team that still has a chance at the play offs and who has no better QB on the roster or even on the horizon to publicly proclaim that "Our QB is a coward"? Why is it so hard to understand that what a head coach says in public has little or nothing to do with his actual opinions and thoughts on a given issue?

I never said he should publicly call him a coward. There are more subtle ways to send a message. Wasn't it Marrone who said he wants tough guys on his roster? The QB play has been unacceptable as of late and Ortons toughness is in question. He could have said that he would make a decision on the starter for Green Bay later in the week to send a message to Orton that play like that will not be tolerated.

Kyle Orton is a gutless punk. Complete pu$$y with the season on the line.

Which should have been obvious to everyone since he passed up several opportunities in the offseason to go to training camp and get into football shape. Instead he chose to stay home and play with his kids while every other NFL player busted their butt in camp trying to make themselves and their teams better. Having this guy lead our team is a joke.

It's his job and he's getting paid handsomely for it. For $5M/year, I'd dive for the sticks.

This isn't just about the slide on 3rd and 1. Go back and watch the KC game. Orton was throwing the ball away before defenders could lay a finger on him. He has a habit of giving up on plays too quickly. I was at the Chiefs game. I thought the game plan on offense was solid and I thought they called a good game against Denver as well. It's just that Orton has been that bad and his desire to win certainly comes into question. If Marrone ends up getting fired it will be because of his anemic offense and Ortons half-hearted efforts are a big part of that. Hence, the title of this thread.