The assassination of Doug Marrone by the coward Kyle Orton

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny because we might be the only team in the league with 2 qbs to slide short of the sticks in such pathetic fashion. Ej did the exact same thing but it was way worse because he is young, athletic and he had much more room.

Our qbs are both either huge wussies or they have been instructed to get down and not risk an injury or turnover.

I wouldn't be surprised with either scenario. I haven't seen many plays like orton's slide or like ej's in my entire life. If the coach is driving that, I could see why they would listen. The wrath of Doug is clearly pretty vicious...even trading for a player to continue to punish him from something he did when he was 19. Sheesh...that dude is tough.

Orton is what he is...he has some talents, but running the ball just isn't one of them. He just isn't fast enough, or athletic enough to turn that play into a first down...so he avoided a hit which very likely could have led to a fumble, and whatever else. Whenever he has to move in the pocket, with his heavy feet, I get the feeling that his number one priority is not to turn the ball over...I don't think anything less of him after that play.

Also, if you haven't noticed, head caoches (except maybe John Gruden) are usually very reluctant to criticize, through the media, their QBs.

That's right he is what he is..... just a middle of the road backup QB. When you get about 45-50 deep into the NFL QB pool you are dealing with a lot of veteran guys with clear deficiencies in their games who have given up their dreams of being a star QB and are just preparing for spot duty and punching the clock for the $. Orton didn't retire because he wanted to be a starting QB elsewhere, he just knew his market value was $5M to be an option come in for a couple games and not be awful. Even if he changed his mind and wanted to play lights out and shoot for a $10-$12M contract next year there isn't much he could do about all that hard work he didn't put in last offseason to get himself in good enough shape to fight for a couple yards against NFL defenders.

I didn't like the slide either, but honestly the second defender that came into the picture could have potentially tatoo-ed Orton short of the first down and caused a fumble. Not saying it would have happened, but I also think Orton knows his limitations and it was realistically a 50-50 as far as getting the first down. I wish he had tried.

After watching that video that was posted in another thread the right play was for Orton to simply throw it away . All this talk about fighting for a extra yard that clearly wasn't there is stupid . If he fights two defenders and then fumbles you are not going to give credit for being tough if it take points off the board. lol

Its amazing though how no one wants to talk about the elephant in the room . Its 3rd and 1 Fred had just gained 9 yards on a 2nd down run and yet again we dont try and pound it . 58 passes and people are talking about a slide ? Every question asked yesterday should've been about what the hell has happened to the running game.

After watching that video that was posted in another thread the right play was for Orton to simply throw it away . All this talk about fighting for a extra yard that clearly wasn't there is stupid . If he fights two defenders and then fumbles you are not going to give credit for being tough if it take points off the board. lol

Its amazing though how no one wants to talk about the elephant in the room . Its 3rd and 1 Fred had just gained 9 yards on a 2nd down run and yet again we dont try and pound it . 58 passes and people are talking about a slide ? Every question asked yesterday should've been about what the hell has happened to the running game.

Best post on this thread. If Orton had tried to go for it, he would have been decapitated by the two guys who were closing in on him.

He never should have been put in that position. The lack of faith in the run game by somebody (Orton? Hackett?) doesn't make sense.

Kyle Ortons refusal to make an effort to try and scramble for a first down yesterday was the worst thing I've seen from a Bills QB since Billy Joe Hobert publicly admitted to not studying the playbook. If that wasn't bad enough, after the game Orton stated that he should have thrown the ball away and let the coach make a decision to go for it on 4th down. Worse than all that though was Doug Marrone defending Orton at the podium after the game. How do you defend a play like that when your defense week after week plays at a high level and puts the team in position to win games? I wonder how they felt watching that lame effort from the sidelines. There is nothing wrong with calling out your QB once in a while. Pettine did it in Cleveland and Philbin did it in Miami. Someone on this board said that some people are not cut out to be leaders. Kyle Orton will never lead this team to the playoffs, and Marrone's defense of his cowardly play yesterday may have sealed his fate as coach of this team.

Orton said that he slid because he was sure he couldn't pick up the first down. Given his mobility and the proximity of Denver defenders, I am not prepared to state that I know he was wrong because it looked that way on TV. I am sure that the coaches are going to look at the tape and see if he had any chance to make it but even if they conclude that he did wimp out, what do you expect the coaches to say, in public? Do you really think a head coach with a team that still has a chance at the play offs and who has no better QB on the roster or even on the horizon to publicly proclaim that "Our QB is a coward"? Why is it so hard to understand that what a head coach says in public has little or nothing to do with his actual opinions and thoughts on a given issue?

EJ did the same thing week in,and week out.....

At least the white trash, brown liquor loving, cigar smoking, slack jawed Orton put up 355 on Denver.

EJ would've ran for the tunnel after the first handoff....

What does EJ's suckitude have to do with Orton's suckitude? No matter how bad EJ might be, it doesn't change how bad Orton is.

I just re-watched this play, and Orton had chandler open right in front of him. He could have hit him on the sideline for the stick, but he took 2 more steps then slid. He clearly was busy looking for defenders than guys to throw to....

The guy people are saying was headed up to cut Orton off came off of chandler. he was tailing him and stepped up to stop the scramble...