Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson; Mike Williams Waived to IR

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether we like Marrone or not, the fact that Hogan outplayed Williams this season should mean something to folks on this board. I'm willing to bet Hogan showed more in practice than Williams. You have to do it in practice and on the field to be out there. So he signed some autographs, big deal. Again, he was outplayed by Hogan. Why such an uproar for a WR who isn't that good, IMO?

But why not throw him on IR and just say don't show up rest of year?

I guess this goes back to the Keyshawn thing...and i guess he could cause a stink if he is not really injured.

Just weird the whole way round

Mike Williams just doesn't strike me as the type of player that would do that.

GO BILLS!!!

Whether we like Marrone or not, the fact that Hogan outplayed Williams this season should mean something to folks on this board. I'm willing to bet Hogan showed more in practice than Williams. You have to do it in practice and on the field to be out there. So he signed some autographs, big deal. Again, he was outplayed by Hogan. Why such an uproar for a WR who isn't that good, IMO?

shhh - makes too much sesne

the thing is, we as fans just dont know that he was outplayed by hogan. even if you use the word fact to represent that.

Go sign with Pats now

He will, been saying that all season. The Pats will sign him, maybe even stash him on IR this year if they can - and they would.

He's going to NE and he's going to put up 1,000 next year with LaFell and Edleman.

I'd bet the pats pick him up and then he burns us week 17. Would be very bellicheckian

I think they'll sign him, IR him the remainder of the year after a phantom injury in practice comes up and he comes out and lights it up next year with Gronk, LaFell, Edleman and crew. Been saying this for a month. He's going to NE. A dark horse would be SD.

But why not throw him on IR and just say don't show up rest of year?

I guess this goes back to the Keyshawn thing...and i guess he could cause a stink if he is not really injured.

Just weird the whole way round

He would contest his injury and force arbitration and his release. If he can pass a physical he can be released from IR, if he desires.

the thing is, we as fans just dont know that he was outplayed by hogan. even if you use the word fact to represent that.

again with your certainty of things we don't see over the things we do.

we saw a guy on the bench and a guy running routes getting catches and scoring touchdowns, but you're not certain the guy playing was better.

how's that?

Dude made some huge catches for the Bills this year.

he did?

again with your certainty of things we don't see over the things we do.

we saw a guy on the bench and a guy running routes getting catches and scoring touchdowns, but you're not certain the guy playing was better.

how's that?

perhaps because we have seen several years of mike williams play better than the several months of hogan playing ok? and we have a head coach that has been questionable in his evaluations at times?