Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson; Mike Williams Waived to IR

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole situation with Williams has been weird this year. Having a known red zone threat inactive when the team is last in red zone TD's. Then giving his spot to a special teams coverage player when the team has an extra kick on the roster to kick balls out of the end zone.

Which half the time he doesn't even do.

Good thing he's good at onside kicks.

Oh wait...

Yup. And he has insight into the playbook (not that the *pats need it) and is great compliment to the WRs they have. He says he wants to go to a contender and NE is the only one that really makes sense. He doesn't have enough time to learn Manning's system, GB is set at WR, but the *pats have been doing it with smoke and mirrors at WR all season.

Plus, the Pats* need somebody to wear the red sox, you know, 'cause it's Boston and all.

GO BILLS!!!

But that's not what the numbers are! He didn't average 8 TD's a year, he didn't even average 7, let alone some 7.67 bull ****!

This is his fifth NFL season. He's scored 26 TD's. How...

Okay, may be if we...he's played in 63 career games in which he's scored 26 TD's...extrapolated over an entire season...that's...OH WAIT! NOT 7! LET ALONE 8!!!!

Now you're being laughable. What you're saying is that hamstring injuries have zero to do with performance. Missing two thirds of seasons have nothing to do with performance. It was clear that Williams was going downhill because he only had two TDs last year. I get it.

The OP, and I guess I, should have clarified by saying "In two legged games, MW is averaging about 8 TDs a season. In 1-2 legged games, it drops to about 7." My bad.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

*Nell.

Death *nell.

The more you know.

Actually you're wrong. I used it in the sense of the last nail in the coffin. And what you're thinking of is death knell, not nell. Which is the ringing of a bell before someone is put to death.

Edited by Not Again

Now you're being laughable. What you're saying is that hamstring injuries have zero to do with performance. Missing two thirds of seasons have nothing to do with performance. It was clear that Williams was going downhill because he only had two TDs last year. I get it.

The OP, and I guess I, should have clarified by saying "In two legged games, MW is averaging about 8 TDs a season. In 1-2 legged games, it drops to about 7." My bad.

Even if you count the game he did play in, he's still no one near 8. He's at 6.6.

And under what circumstances do we pick and choose the games from which we pull stats to evaluate a player's career? Injuries or no injuries, whether he was a part of the game plan or a special teamer, he's played x number of games and has scored y number of touchdowns. You don't just elimiate the instances you don't feel like counting!

It's nonsense!

Even if you count the game he did play in, he's still no one near 8. He's at 6.6.

And under what circumstances do we pick and choose the games from which we pull stats to evaluate a player's career? Injuries or no injuries, whether he was a part of the game plan or a special teamer, he's played x number of games and has scored y number of touchdowns. You don't just elimiate the instances you don't feel like counting!

It's nonsense!

No. It's closer to the truth. He has played three healthy seasons. He has played three full seasons. Those are the years you average stuff. If you don't, then you need to count the year in context. Otherwise stats are useless and misleading. 7.67 is closer to 8 than 7. It's indisputable. It's math. That's why numbers are rounded up, as an average. If you're going to sign a number of TDs to a season as an average, it's more correct to say 8 when he has 3-23 than it is to say 7 when he has 3-23. Did you fail second grade math?

Can we take out all the injured bad games of Sammy's, and then extrapolate him to the rest of the rookie WR's?

Is it more correct to say 1 or 2:

1] Sammy Watkins has caught 58 balls for 855 yards and 5 TDs in 13 games and numbers don't lie. That is the player he is.

2] Sammy Watkins has caught 58 balls for 855 yards and 5 TDs in 13 games through 3-4 separate injuries from game one on which limited his production and numbers to some degree.

Both are correct. One includes context. That is what this stupid argument is about.

So did I.

Hopefully this is just the Clayster not doing his due diligence... Even if they have to reach an injury settlement, it'll be cheaper than what he's still owed and isn't a full cap hit I believe.

I think he may have to be picked up by somebody else for it to go away. If he passes waivers, he'll still be a Bill and thus, we're on the hook for the money.

Until we cut him / reach an injury settlement in January... right? Or am I missing something?