Bills Sign WR Deonte Thompson; Mike Williams Waived to IR

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any way it's sliced, nobody can pretend that this wasn't one of the most uncomfortable/poorly handled/weirdly publicized player tenures in franchise history.

By the way the team plays and responds every Sunday I don't see such a weird scenario you want to paint.

I don't know what the heck happened with Mike Williams but it's truly disappointing. With such a young WR corps, Williams could've been a valuable addition to the team and I was pretty excited prior to the season. Not to mention he could've been another target in the red zone for an offense that obviously struggles in the red zone. Looking at Williams' college/professional career it's obvious that he has some character flaws but to me (at least) it also seems evident that the history between Williams and Marrone didn't help the situation in Buffalo. Pathetic, all around.

7.67 is about 8 TDs a year. Closer to 8 than 7. That's what he claimed. That's a fact. Thanks for being a dick.

I see. So we're going to round up every player's stats now...or only after we remove the time they spent injured.

Certainly you can't be taking this absurdity for real. Can you!? And to what end? For one more log on the MARRONE !@#$ING SUCKS fire?

Late to this, but damn. Hate to see #19 go out like this. I just don't understand how someone you traded to be your #1 pre-Sammy suddenly goes from 1a (per Whaley) to the scout team to waived. Considering this team's continued struggles on offense, this is a major gaffe.

Seriously, St. Doug isn't making it easy to support his continued employment.

Edited by GreggyT

I see. So we're going to round up every player's stats now...or only after we remove the time they spent injured.

No, we're going to take the numbers as they are, and see that it's not at all outrageous or exaggerating to say that Mike Williams averaged 8 TDs a year when he scored 23 over three years. Would 7 a year be more accurate? No.

Whatever the reason exactly, they need a legit deep threat.

Nothing against Goodwin but not sure he's the answer.

This guy is as fast and is bigger.

The guy replacing Corderelle P in Minny is also a similar looking undrafted player.

Get a reliable deep threat and a decent pass catching TE and Bills passing attack is very high octane.

Well you still need a qb

Edited by Agent 91

No, we're going to take the numbers as they are, and see that it's not at all outrageous or exaggerating to say that Mike Williams averaged 8 TDs a year when he scored 23 over three years. Would 7 a year be more accurate? No.

But that's not what the numbers are! He didn't average 8 TD's a year, he didn't even average 7, let alone some 7.67 bull ****!

This is his fifth NFL season. He's scored 26 TD's. How...

Okay, may be if we...he's played in 63 career games in which he's scored 26 TD's...extrapolated over an entire season...that's...OH WAIT! NOT 7! LET ALONE 8!!!!

Edited by The Big Cat

Braylon Edwards and Chad Ochojohnsoncinco were both really good and produced at one point in time. Why the f@$% haven't we signed them and why aren't they starting? That's the answer we fans really deserve!

What waived-injured means for Mike Williams

With Mike Williams waived-injured today (Monday) to make room for the Bills to sign WR Deonte Thompson, here’s where Williams’ status stands with respect to Buffalo’s roster.

Designated as waived-injured the 31 other NFL clubs now have 24 hours to put a waiver claim in on Williams. If another NFL club is awarded the claim for Williams, the receiver would join that team’s roster and assume the responsibility of his current contract with Buffalo.

If Williams goes unclaimed he will revert to the Bills roster and be placed on injured reserve effectively ending his 2014 season.

Only people on the inside really know the whole situation. The only two things we can say for sure are that he used to be a good red zone target and he has always been known for acting out. Personally I trust the coaches (except for Hackett). This is the best team buffalo has had in 10-15 years and we are a qb away from playing for a superbowl.

He'd pretty much be a freebie for the rest of the season.

Yup. And he has insight into the playbook (not that the *pats need it) and is great compliment to the WRs they have. He says he wants to go to a contender and NE is the only one that really makes sense. He doesn't have enough time to learn Manning's system, GB is set at WR, but the *pats have been doing it with smoke and mirrors at WR all season.

But that's not what the numbers are! He didn't average 8 TD's a year, he didn't even average 7, let alone some 7.67 bull ****!

This is his fifth NFL season. He's scored 26 TD's. How...

Okay, may be if we...he's played in 63 career games in which he's scored 26 TD's...extrapolated over an entire season...that's...OH WAIT! NOT 7! LET ALONE 8!!!!

Did you know that EJ had 20 TD's this year?

Hell, Jeff Tuel had 8 last season.

Edited by FireChan