Refs Fist Bump After Broncos TD

Agree Saint...i thought it was early yesterday as well.

Someone brought up the punt, at first thought that was roughing as well, but it was clean.

Only two calls i have questions on are on the INT returns...sure will see them when the all 22 comes out

im curious to see a few calls - the two returns, what hughes (but i assume this is real if they pulled him out to cool off) did and whether they got the wrong guy on the robey call

the head butt im also curious to see the refs angles on - it looked like one was shielded by a large bills player he was trying to get around, and im guessing another was probably concerned with a spot.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im curious to see a few calls - the two returns, what hughes (but i assume this is real if they pulled him out to cool off) did and whether they got the wrong guy on the robey call

the head butt im also curious to see the refs angles on - it looked like one was shielded by a large bills player he was trying to get around, and im guessing another was probably concerned with a spot.

I thought the same thing ion the head butt,.. unfortunate no one saw it is all.

And, it was to his chest if i recall, not to his helmet less head.

Too bad non head shot for two reasons..

blood may have drawn a major

knocked some of the stupid out of smith

Edited by plenzmd1

Oh lord...yep they fixed the game and were fist bumping out on the field to celebrate...please make this crap go away.

The freaking Bills got beat...plain and simple.

I'm not one to usually complain about reffing, but no, the refs played an out-sized role in the outcome of this game. We played just as good if not better than Denver.

The ref fist bump SHOULD be on every lame espn talk show today.....but it won't. No one will ever discuss it again. As the refs make wagers and take payoffs. Refs giving eachother a pound after a questionable td call.......are you ******* serious??

The ref fist bump SHOULD be on every lame espn talk show today.....but it won't. No one will ever discuss it again. As the refs make wagers and take payoffs. Refs giving eachother a pound after a questionable td call.......are you ******* serious??

it wont be, because outside of a small portion of fans of the team that gave up the TD would ever even think to imagine they were celebrating a TD there. no one would want to watch or listen to that

it was PI - the announcers had it wrong. and as a PI call, i just rewatched the highlight and it looked like gilmore was early. if he wasnt it was close enough that im not offended by the call at all.

That's fine, but I am. It was close enough of a call that it could have gone either way, but the fact that he was going to be stopped well short of the first down even if he had made the catch. The job of the refs is first and foremost is to make sure the game is played within the boundaries of the rules and to not tilt the battlefield one way or another in a meaningful way. The Robey and Gilmore call both helped affect the outcome of the game when there easily could have been a no call on both of those plays.

Yeah, I'm a little pissed about those calls.

You know who complains about the refs? Losers. The refs are terrible every week. Do you really think the NFL needs to helps Peyton Manning beat Kyle Orton?

Accept the refs are terrible and play through it. Crying about them does nothing. We've gotten some bad calls too.

A questionable TD call? He crossed the line. The one ref asked the other hey is it good. He gave a thumbs up and a TD was signaled.

Watching the tape, just saw this sequence from 2nd qtr. 10:00 left, 3rd and 3 Bills from their own 47. Incomplete pass to Fred, refs mark ball at 46, and it's 4TH AND 4!!!! Then Colton Schmidt gets destroyed on the bad snap 14-yard punt (it was not partially blocked), and no running into the kicker call.

After Lee Smith was hit helmet to helmet on the tackle, they let the Broncos head butt him with no PF call? C'mon man.

On the INT to Woods at the 4, Sammy is in position to make the tackle on the return until he gets grabbed by a Bronco and tackled himself. They didn't miss the Bills holding on their returns, but somehow they missed the Broncos holding at the point of attack.

It's not about the calls they make, the crap they let go is just as important.

Edited by Fred Jackson Jockstrap

well if we're talking unprofessional...a flag was tossed in the 4th and subsequently picked up. as i recall, the explanation was 'there was no defensive holding as the ball was already in the air'. stepping aside from the intricacies of the rule for just a second, i figure it this way. One official sees the penalty and tosses a flag. Another official sees the ball in the air. Who's the third official that see's both and counsels to pick up the flag, Marty Feldman?

the officiating is inconsistent, and as a fan you have a right to complain about it. it cahnges nothing, but then again, how much changes when we complain about a fumble, bad clock management, poor coaching etc.

well if we're talking unprofessional...a flag was tossed in the 4th and subsequently picked up. as i recall, the explanation was 'there was no defensive holding as the ball was already in the air'. stepping aside from the intricacies of the rule for just a second, i figure it this way. One official sees the penalty and tosses a flag. Another official sees the ball in the air. Who's the third official that see's both and counsels to pick up the flag, Marty Feldman?

the officiating is inconsistent, and as a fan you have a right to complain about it. it cahnges nothing, but then again, how much changes when we complain about a fumble, bad clock management, poor coaching etc.

was it away from the intended receiver? because once the ball is in the air, you can touch other people. it would be a PI call if it was the intended receiver at that point.

If the refs were being paid off, or were trying to give Denver the win, do you think they would show it that outwardly? No way! I'm sure the fist bump was something else.

There were other calls in the game I was more worried about. And actually, if it was just one game they wouldn't bother me. But the bad calls span multiple games, and show a pattern.

Look, every team is going to get bad calls. It WILL happen, and that is just part of the game. However, it is a pattern of bad calls - absolutely CRUCIAL calls - that I am worried about. I don't ever remember it being this bad.

What was the spread? Oh ya +9 at game time.....thank u orton for making me money.

Btw, maybe unprofessional at the time, but the refs were happy they were on the same page.....end of story

Edited by PO'14