Refs Fist Bump After Broncos TD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing up stupid stuff like this fist bump destroys the credibility or more appropriate complaints, like:

1. Why isn't intentional grounding even discussed when Brady, Rogers, Manning, et al do the same thing Orton did in Miami?

2. Why are DBs on good teams allowed to hold on every play (did you see Browner last night?) and Gilmore called for everything?

3. Why do bad teams hold and good teams just "play physical"?

The problem with officiating is real and is further proven by the NFL putting these shill refs in the booth to agree with most every call on the field. Like the fans can't possibly understand what a bad call looks like.

The NFL is fixed

They are surprised that Bills fans have held out this long. The big market teams are tired of sending Millions from profit sharing to a small market team like the Bills. Once the fans give up on the team, they can move it. What are the odds of 14 years without making the playoffs, soon to be 15? it is beyond coincidence.

was it away from the intended receiver? because once the ball is in the air, you can touch other people. it would be a PI call if it was the intended receiver at that point.

that's my point on the intricacies of the rule, actually. i get that the play evolves as it unfolds and it may have been the right call. my point was simply that one official saw a hold and threw a flag. a second official apparently saw both the ball and the hold, which seems odd given the call was away from the play. given the speed of the game and all those players flying around, it struck me as odd that they would pick up the flag.

I hate how silly stuff like this fistbump picks up so much momentum. It makes it easy for the Mike Pereira's of the world to get on their soapbox and it cheapens the legitimate point that the Bills have generally been sodomized by awful calls this year.

I would rather hear Pereira explain the offensive holding flag picked up in Chicago, or the mugging of Woods on the int in Houston which would've been routine PI in 1974 (Sammy in Detroit same thing), or the OPI's vs NE, or the grounding in Miami, or Hogan getting jacked 11yds out of bounds vs KC, or any of the 18 calls yesterday, or why Chandler is the only TE in the league not allowed to push off a little, or why our offense is somehow flagged for as much PI as opposing D's, or why CBS can't show a replay of 50yd penalties.

I don't think it's a conspiracy but either we are on an incredible unlucky streak or Marrone's approach to refs is all wrong. If all this stuff happens to every team every week then why haven't we gotten a meaningful break since the Carolina PI which was 27 games ago (please correct me if I'm missing any? I suppose you can say the Sammy TD vs Miami as well...week 2 seems to be our only good luck charm...can we play NE then next yr?).

Edited by BuffOrange

yeah i saw that. i wasn't shocked. it makes no sense to get upset about it. i mean the nfl isn't going to push the bills, they just aren't the money makers that other teams are.

And THIS is the number one reason that Officials call crappy games. Because the league wants Manning vs Brady 399 in the playoffs. Good teams get every benefit of the doubt, while bad teams never will. And never forget that bad teams are mostly small market teams as well(i am aware of GB, thank you). Why would the league care about Bills fans opinions? Buffalo doesn't make them money. Denver, NY, Dallas, Boston etal., have Millions of fans, and make the league way more money through higher ratings, better ad revenue, sales of merchandise, etc.

Money talks, and we all know it. The NFL is solely about money, people. Don't ever forget it. Don't ever think they give two s***s about the likes of Small market teams fans. And---it is For Entertainment Purposes only league. Not about "may the best team win", but rather, "what is best for our bottom line?"