Who should be the next Bills Offensive Coordinator

simpleman

Hackett actually designs some pretty good plays.

I'm 100% convinced that Hackett runs Marrone's offense as a philosophy, as well as who plays and the groupings (again as a philosophy or base offense, not on a play by play decision). I don't know this, but it's entirely possible that on his own he's not as conservative. He's also young and can get better.

If it's Marrone's offense and Saint Doug is still in charge, it wouldn't matter too much if Hackett is no longer here and a new guy is brought in.

Crossman was in the line of fire, they go out and load up on special teams. Lets see if they keep Hackett do they load up at OL. You could sign very good OG for cheap contracts, like the Chris Williams contract, Williams just isnt any good. Sign a couple OGs. Edited by TheTruthHurts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jay Gruden gets canned I'd be interested in him.

?

Nice topic!! I want an offense that changes tempo and formation. I guess what I want is a well designed offense which I don't think that the Bills have at all (although it was better yesterday). I want motion and mismatches created before the ball is snapped. Maybe Scott Frost from Oregon?

I really could care less how long the guy's resume is. His philosophy is most important to me.

Exactly

Nice topic!! I want an offense that changes tempo and formation. I guess what I want is a well designed offense which I don't think that the Bills have at all (although it was better yesterday). I want motion and mismatches created before the ball is snapped. Maybe Scott Frost from Oregon?

I really could care less how long the guy's resume is. His philosophy is most important to me.

What you want is a QB. In order to run that offense you need the QB or Chip Kelly. I dont think there is another Chip Kelly. There are good offenses, but Kelly is just a master at play calling and most importantly preparation. Edited by TheTruthHurts

If firing Hackett isn't a possibilty, how about bringing in a "consultant" like they did in 2004 with Dick LeBeau (number one ranked defense that year). Someone with some experience. I'd be happy with Chan Gailey or Mike Martz.

Isnt that Jim Hostler?

Marrones boys.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

What you want is a QB. In order to run that offense you need the QB or Chip Kelly. I dont think there is another Chip Kelly. There are good offenses, but Kelly is just a master at play calling and most importantly preparation.

Everyone wants a QB. There are guys doing exactly what I was referring to in Briles, Urban, Malzahn, Sumlin and Helfrich. Obviously none of those guys are OC options. That's why I threw another name out there.

The game is won and lost before the ball is snapped in football today. I believe with all of the information and technology that guys can create these opportunities if they have the right guy designing it. If you know a defense's tendencies (which they all do) you can put people in positions to do what they do worst. It's not just about what you do best but also what the opposition struggles with. That's what is different now than 20 years ago.

Everyone wants a QB. There are guys doing exactly what I was referring to in Briles, Urban, Malzahn, Sumlin and Helfrich. Obviously none of those guys are OC options. That's why I threw another name out there.

The game is won and lost before the ball is snapped in football today. I believe with all of the information and technology that guys can create these opportunities if they have the right guy designing it. If you know a defense's tendencies (which they all do) you can put people in positions to do what they do worst. It's not just about what you do best but also what the opposition struggles with. That's what is different now than 20 years ago.

This is the guy you want. Load up the Brinks truck. The next Chip Kelly. I would make him head coach, but Im crazy.

http://espn.go.com/b...nd-baylors-rise

Edited by TheTruthHurts

It will be Marrone,Hackett and Orton/Manuel.

No! I don't hear you! (Fingers in ears) La La La La

In all seriousness, this is the answer. We just need a guy with more experience. Hackett may end up being good, but he is in way over his head at this point in his career.

Amen

Rob Chudzinski.

Here in Charlotte we watched him Cam's first year was good. He definitely isn't afraid to push the ball down field. Cam's second year he was heavy option and the offense looked like crap till they got away from it. Also, apparently he is a SUPER Weeny which is the main reason he got canned after one season in Cleveland. Not sure if that matters as OC when you only crap on players but as a HC he ticked everyone off. GOTTA be better than Hackett

It won't matter if Marrone is the HC.

It wont matter if the offensive line isn't fixed

That's EXACTLY the kind of guy that I want. He's the kind of guy that you may have a shot at. Sign me up!!

why all the chip kelly stuff...its another offense that beats the truly bad and gets nothing on the good teams.....

why all the chip kelly stuff...its another offense that beats the truly bad and gets nothing on the good teams.....

I disagree on this. Kelly has Mark Sanchez playing QB and playing well. He is getting a lot out of mediocre talent. If you gave Chip Kelly Denver's players they'd average 55 points a game.

I disagree on this. Kelly has Mark Sanchez playing QB and playing well. He is getting a lot out of mediocre talent. If you gave Chip Kelly Denver's players they'd average 55 points a game.

The Eagles are the ultimatel flat track bullies. Is that the offensive scheme or the talent? I'm not sure.... I saw some analysis of some of their plays from the Seahawks game the other day and they seem to have a very small play book, it is the same formations and the same plays over and over it is just hard to read them because they often look the same to all extents and purposes at the snap.

Hackett actually designs some pretty good plays.

I'm 100% convinced that Hackett runs Marrone's offense as a philosophy, as well as who plays and the groupings (again as a philosophy or base offense, not on a play by play decision). I don't know this, but it's entirely possible that on his own he's not as conservative. He's also young and can get better.

This is what I keep telling myself. He does seem to be making progress in some areas, which is encouraging. It just feels like he might be too far away yet. The guy will probably be really good one day, but how far off is that? And how much more suffering would we have to endure before he reached a point where he would be a true asset on this team instead of a liability?

Find me a coach who had experience playing quarterback at the NFL level or at least at a big time college.

This is what I keep telling myself. He does seem to be making progress in some areas, which is encouraging. It just feels like he might be too far away yet. The guy will probably be really good one day, but how far off is that? And how much more suffering would we have to endure before he reached a point where he would be a true asset on this team instead of a liability?

Find me a coach who had experience playing quarterback at the NFL level or at least at a big time college.

How many OCs in the league today are former NFL or NCAA QBs?