Start EJ

tuckan

2 things:

1. On the Jauron thing. Nailed it. Never thought of it before but that's exactly the way this offense feels.

2. I have been big on this in the past. We always yammer about not drafting Wilson, Kaep, or Brady. I can say with a great deal of confidence that those guys would never be the players they are now with this franchise. That's not to say that I think we blew huge talents in JP, Trent, or EJ. It is just that I have had little confidence that any of those coaches are getting that out of their young QB's. Example...see Alex Smith. Unless we have a really cerebral guy like Fitz, then we get almost exactly the same production out of every QB regardless of skill set. How in gods green earth can we get the same production out of Tuel, EJ, Orton, and Lewis. That's just the last 365 days. Trents and JPs numbers fit well there too. I'm tempted to even say that a guy like Luck wouldn't lead this team the way he does in Indy. Newton would be cut already.

Great points. Luck, who was the best QB prospect since Peyton, had Bruce Arians as his rookie year OC. Manuel, a much rawer QB prospect, had Nate HAckett as both OC and QB coach.

Arians >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hackett

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things:

1. On the Jauron thing. Nailed it. Never thought of it before but that's exactly the way this offense feels.

I don't see Jauron ball at all. These guys take chances they just suck at converting. Dj was run run screen punt and small bend but don't break d that couldn't stop the run run, and got shredded by good teams.

The bills now have a bunch of big strong fast dudes out they beating the snot out of opponent in the trenches. They just don't have a qb.

Fj would never have a qb toss the ball 50+ times?!?!

I don't see Jauron ball at all. These guys take chances they just suck at converting. Dj was run run screen punt and small bend but don't break d that couldn't stop the run run, and got shredded by good teams.

The bills now have a bunch of big strong fast dudes out they beating the snot out of opponent in the trenches. They just don't have a qb.

Fj would never have a qb toss the ball 50+ times?!?!

They take chances???? LOL You can't be serious with that statement.

BTW, we aren't talking about defense Jauronball...just offense Jauronball.

So you can't answer?

Please stop. Your premise that the Bills are not Jauronball by picking out the one game they threw the ball a lot is just plain silly.

On top of that, in this one game which they passed the ball a lot, 80% were short passes. In a game in which scoring touchdowns was the only way they would be able to win it.

The Bills have an offense that does not take chances. It's a fact and there's no denying it.

Please stop. Your premise that the Bills are not Jauronball by picking out the one game they threw the ball a lot is just plain silly.

On top of that, in this one game which they passed the ball a lot, 80% were short passes. In a game in which scoring touchdowns was the only way they would be able to win it.

The Bills have an offense that does not take chances. It's a fact and there's no denying it.

1 game? Orton has thrown the ball ~40 times in 5 games this season, more than half of his starts.

Edited by FireChan

1 game? Orton has thrown the ball ~40 times in 5 games this season, more than half of his starts.

Look out "Greatest Show on Turf" the high flyin' Marrone/Hackett/Orton Buffalo Bills are breathing down your neck! LOL

I can't even believe someone would seriously argue that the Bills are a team that takes chances on offense. Short passes are glorified handoffs in the NFL.

Morrone's ability- or lack thereof- notwithstanding, passing off "Marrone = Jauron," as some sort of coherent analysis is silly. Using that as the reason that Manuel has underperformed is even sillier.

Look out "Greatest Show on Turf" the high flyin' Marrone/Hackett/Orton Buffalo Bills are breathing down your neck! LOL

I can't even believe someone would seriously argue that the Bills are a team that takes chances on offense. Short passes are glorified handoffs in the NFL.

I can't believe someone would argue that we play Jauron-ball without being able to identify any part of Jauron-ball.

We play Chan-ball because we abandon the run and pass too much. See how easy that was?

I can't believe someone would argue that we play Jauron-ball without being able to identify any part of Jauron-ball.

We play Chan-ball because we abandon the run and pass too much. See how easy that was?

I did identify it. You think a short pass is taking a chance in the NFL, I don't. See how easy THAT was?

Edited by 1billsfan

I think it is time. Bills aren't going to make the playoffs with Orton and the Defense deserves a shot. Orton has gotten a case of the Fitzs and can't through the ball long. Bills need to see if EJ has learned anything or do they need to draft a QB in 2nd round?

I can't believe that you two can't stay on topic.

A couple points to remember here:

1) Yes, Orton sucks, but he is still better than EJ. It is interesting how many have forgotten just how bad EJ is.

2) A change at the QB position, for its own sake, does not improve the situation. If you have engine trouble in your car, swapping out the glovebox door hinge, then the rear seat armrest, then the wheels won't solve the problem.

HOWEVER! There were always rumors that EJ was being coached to play in a restricted mode. Don't run like an antelope down the field to avoid injury for example. Also, whether coached to do so or whether it was EJ's own choice, he seemed utterly afraid to throw an interception. It seemed like he was told to "play it safe when in doubt" and so on.

I would like to see EJ come in with zero restrictions! Encourage him to run with reckless abandon. Throw it DEEP down the field and into double coverage, etc. So what if he gets picked off! As I said earlier, it doesn't matter. This season is over.

I want 110% opened up EJ....and then when he flames out in catastrophic fashion, we will know we can move beyond him forever...and we won't have to suffer more "EJ" threads at this forum! THANK GOD!

How is he better than EJ? Is it Better to hope for an upside of a young player that played poorly? or stay with a man that has shown to be mediocre for over 10 years? it just a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario nut the only predicament that gives us a slight chance of having a good qb on this roster is with EJ.

EJ is not an NFL caliber, starting QB. People just forget how absurdly below average he was. He could not hit a guy, in stride over the middle of the field beyond 10 yards. Is it possible he could improve this offseason? sure. but as of today he is not the best option to beating the Green Bay Packers. I can't believe how many people are clamoring to see him play. EJ could throw 57 times each week and still not get a 300 yard game. As mediocre as Orton is, at least he can make some decent throws. He's not the answer either though.