Miami doesn't deserve pro teams

Stadium is half empty for a team that likely makes the playoffs. Baseball and basketball attendance is poor too. Sad for all these loyal cities that are at risk for losing teams to cities that don't support the local team. I know it mostly about corporate boxes but Roger can't like seeing a big game with huge playoff implications and a half empty stadium.

Stadium is half empty for a team that likely makes the playoffs. Baseball and basketball attendance is poor too. Sad for all these loyal cities that are at risk for losing teams to cities that don't support the local team. I know it mostly about corporate boxes but Roger can't like seeing a big game with huge playoff implications and a half empty stadium.

It's a joke of a sports city. That's what drove me crazy when LeBron went there and gave that city championships.

Heat fans show up in the 2nd qtr and leave in the third. I can't blame Marlin fans after the way their douch bag owner has screwd them over. There was also nobody at the panthers game last night against the Sabres. yup they suck!

Eh...can't say I blame them. 80 degrees and beautiful, lots to do.

Plus, they are as beaten down as Bills fans. I watched that Dolphins-Jets game last year that cost Miami a playoff spot sitting at the Mandarin Oriental pool bar in Miami. Bartender was a beaten down Dolphin fan who expected the worst -- he would have fit right in here!

Are the ticket prices too high? In a place like Miami there's a lot of choices where people can spend their money.

the trend in pro sports certainly has been to price regular people out of the market for games. it's a shame, really. I'm so glad i got to go to a lot of progames iin the 70s, 80s, 90s when the eperience was so much better....not to mention affordable.

miami used to be able to fill that stadium ...and they actually have a halfway decent team with an up-and-coming qb...it should not be half empty. it wouldn't have been under the same circumstances 20years ago.

Vibrant cities with great weather can have trouble with attendance. There is way too much else to do on a Sunday afternoon better than sitting on your ass and drinking watching a game when you can DVR it for later.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Are the ticket prices too high? In a place like Miami there's a lot of choices where people can spend their money.

Price may be part. As you mention, a lot of alternatives. A lot of transplants in the city (and not as heavily the blue collar football type). Not a particularly likable squad despite a chance of a wildcard. Unlikely to go anywhere even if they get a 6 seed.

Funny how all those supposedly Heat fans have just disappeared.

I still don't understand how the Marlins got a park before the Rays who play in a freaking hockey rink

Edited by Max997

just like L. A.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Been to this stadium about 15 times

The stadium is filled with the opposing teams fans.

Miami fans show up at the end of the 1st quarter then leave early

The Cubans have taken over the City

Fidel Castro is a dick

The times I have went to Miami the scalpers are practically given tickets away. One time we got 50 yard line seats 20 rows up for $20 a piece. I don't think the ticket prices are too high or at least the ones on the secondary market. A place like Miami you really got to win big to get the crowds because the weather is so nice this time of year & there is a ton of other fun stuff to do.