Even if we lose Sunday...

... if we can pull out a win against Green Bay at the Ralph and then beat Oakland as we should, that final game in New England could put us at 10-6.

Not implausible...

Agreed. The formula is to win one of the next two, beat Oakland, and then pray/drink heavily during the New England game.

I think we have a better chance of beating Denver than we do the packers or pats

I agree.

Rodgers handles pressure much better then Manning and can beat us. Manning is not going to beat us like Rodgers can and likely will. We need our offense more then ever this week and I have no idea what we will do against Green Bay.

... if we can pull out a win against Green Bay at the Ralph and then beat Oakland as we should, that final game in New England could put us at 10-6.

Not implausible...

True, but it would be better to get the win over Denver instead of Green Bay for the AFC record.

I was under the impression the Denver-Buffalo game was not going to be played, we were just going to take the L and give Denver a bye week. Save the plane fare.

That's not true. In the NFL, it's required that all teams take their ass whippings like men. Note: This is not a prediction. :D

Two somewhat sarcastic points:

We cannot make the playoffs without an 8th win (since we are not in the NFC South).

We cannot beat anybody but the Broncos this week.

There are plausible but unlikely 9-7 scenarios, plenty of 10-6 scenarios, so we can lose any game and still be completely alive, but getting our 8th win on Sunday is definitely our best chance.

Warm and sunny and no rain or snow on Sunday doesn't play well to limiting Peyton, but I like our chances to keep it closer than people expect, and have a chance to win based on how we do on a couple key plays. Definite underdog, but one that has a chance.

A couple of clean hard sacks early would have Payton hearing footsteps, and might influence the outcome of the game. Bills won in Detroit (Lions) and could win again on the road. bills #2 defense statistically behind, yep, the Bronco's. BUT, the Bronco's D has the help of the Bronco's O, which is also high ranking. That is, the Bronco's D is on the field less than our D. I guess we could look at the time of possession stats to confirm that...I didn't bother. But, resuming my point, our D, then is likely a tougher D than the Bronco's, because it works in a more adverse situation. (But, then again, we had two games against the JESTs) Oh well. Go Bills!

Aaron Rodgers is far better at running away from pressure and avoiding sacks and he is great at making plays and finding open receivers when he is scrambling around (not to mention he gets yards scrambling). Manning is not as mobile, so we should get to him a few times. The only thing going for us is the Pack is at home. I think the Denver game will likely be a loss, but we won't get destroyed and it is not impossible that we pull out a win.

GB is not a great team on the road. Three bad losses all on the road (Detroit, Seattle, NO) & barely beat Minnesota and Miami. However a win vs. Denver helps NE and their quest for homefield through the playoffs so if one game up going into week 17 means NE playing for nothing.

What the Bills need is to figure out the offense and score 28+ pts.

Not implausible...

And now I guess we find out. I still play Orton in this one and until the mathematicians say our chance for playoffs = 0.00