GoFundMe for Darryl Talley (Update 7/12- Bills Hire Darryl)

Thanks, Joe. Just glad that I was able to play a small part in helping a great man get his life back together.

Near the end of the fund drive I was told by a very credible media source that Kim Pegula would be reaching out to Darryl and offering him the Ambassadorship. She wanted to wait because she didn't want to step on the great gesture made by the thousands of fans that gave to the fund.

That is the type of amazing ownership that we are blessed to have.

That is awesome. As a fan base, we have been blessed.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Joe. Just glad that I was able to play a small part in helping a great man get his life back together.

Near the end of the fund drive I was told by a very credible media source that Kim Pegula would be reaching out to Darryl and offering him the Ambassadorship. She wanted to wait because she didn't want to step on the great gesture made by the thousands of fans that gave to the fund.

That is the type of amazing ownership that we are blessed to have.

and the amazing fan base, and The humanitarian, you.

Thank you for motivating us. the results have proven nothing short of outstanding.

You are the one who deserves all the thanks!

But We as a whole can be pretty amazing too. Why do you think Pegulas chose Buffalo Bills anyways. we are a strong loyal caring bunch of folks. and will remain that way come hell or high water or both. we seen that too.

and the amazing fan base, and The humanitarian, you.

Thank you for motivating us. the results have proven nothing short of outstanding.

You are the one who deserves all the thanks!

But We as a whole can be pretty amazing too. Why do you think Pegulas chose Buffalo Bills anyways. we are a strong loyal caring bunch of folks. and will remain that way come hell or high water or both. we seen that too.

I am truly happy to have represented the great posters of this board and to have had the best possible outcome - a happy, mending Darryl Talley reunited with the Buffalo Bills organization.

Talley recieved 3x more money on gofundme then the family of the little boy killed by car in Delaware park. Sad.

That post does not belong here. retract it please? please do not attempt to corrupt a good.

thats just a f'd up way to look at the world

Edited by 3rdand12

Talley recieved 3x more money on gofundme then the family of the little boy killed by car in Delaware park. Sad.

And I'm sure that family got more than another with a worse tragedy - what does that prove? Just because someone was helped more than another doesn't diminish it, why you would make a post like this is insulting. Shame on you.

Yes the owner who gave millions to various charities for years and gave a BILLION dollars to charities in his will sucked so badly.

How about we have new owners that carried on the traditions of giving just like the WIlson's did.....happy?

That has NO business in this thread....none

I'm going to tell you what I told a lot of people that lodged similar criticisms during the fund drive: I believe people being charitable for any cause is a good thing and one cause should ever be pitted against another. Also, many people that give to one person also open their hearts and wallets to others.

To prove that point I clicked the link you provided and donated $50 to the family.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I'm going to tell you what I told a lot of people that lodged similar criticisms during the fund drive: I believe people being charitable for any cause is a good thing and one cause should never be pitted against another. Also, may people that give to one person also open their hearts and wallets to others.

To prove that point I clicked the link you provided and donated $50 to the family.

I dont think Talley had a cause. If anything go after the NFL so the hundreds of retired players get help. Talley made a couple million in his career. I dont realy remember him in Buffalo since his retirement either.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I'm going to tell you what I told a lot of people that lodged similar criticisms during the fund drive: I believe people being charitable for any cause is a good thing and one cause should ever be pitted against another. Also, may people that give to one person also open their hearts and wallets to others.

I know this is a story from 2012 - but it relates to your way of thinking.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/it-aint-over-the-business-secret_n_1607385.html?IMissMyGrandma Helping someone for the sake of helping in never a bad thing.

Yes the owner who gave millions to various charities for years and gave a BILLION dollars to charities in his will sucked so badly.

Every time i read disparaging remarks about Ralph, this is exactly what I think. He had outdated philosophies on how to run a football organization, we can mostly agree on that, but the "Ralph is cheap" crowd takes it a bit far too often. The man made virtually all of his money from the football, even though his trucking company gave him the wealth to purchase the team, and he gave back the entire time. He also refused to move the team to greener pastures and included language in his will that made moving the team difficult.

We are lucky to have a guy like Pegula owning our teams and investing so thoroughly in the community, but that should not take away from the good deeds of the former owners.

I dont think Talley had a cause. If anything go after the NFL so the hundreds of retired players get help. Talley made a couple million in his career. I dont realy remember him in Buffalo since his retirement either.

He didn't ask for anything. I made that decision for him and thousands of fans got behind it. In the end, a guy that was suicidal is now doing great and will be back working for the Bills. I hope you'll be able to find a bit of happiness in that because this story could just have easily had a Junior Seau-type ending.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

So you would rather we sent emails to the NFL and cross our fingers that he didn't kill himself first?

He didn't ask for anything. I made that decision for him and thousands of fans got behind it. In the end, a guy that was suicidal is now doing great and will be back working for the Bills. I hope you'll be able to find a bit of happiness in that because this story could just have easily had a Junior seau-type ending.

I'm just confused why he would take money from fans but not friends?

And how does NFL base the amount a player receives on a date? The article said Talley only receives $39,000 a year because he missed the date for $120,000.

The new article is great. He is getting all the free medical help he needs. I wonder if he also gets the $120,000 per year as well.

So you would rather we sent emails to the NFL and cross our fingers that he didn't kill himself first?

Money doesn't cure depression. I wish it did. Edited by TheTruthHurts

And how does NFL base the amount a player receives on a date? The article said Talley only receives $39,000 a year because he missed the date for $120,000.

The new article is great. He is getting all the free medical help he needs. I wonder if he also gets the $120,000 per year as well.

Money doesn't cure depression. I wish it did.

He took a lot of money from people like Jim, Bruce and Andre. Getting his pension straightened out is key. The money bought him time to work on the depression.

Money doesn't cure depression. I wish it did.

So we shouldn't give money to the family that lost the child?

Yes, you should, if you can spare it and want too. The point is that someone was trying to put a downer on a successful campaign that may have saved a life but at the very least saved a marriage. The world is always going to be a place where if you help in one place you didn't help in another place of need. You can't feel guilty about that if you helped out since you a least helped out.

Feel proud for giving something back to someone who gave you loads of memories and emotions, help out others if you can.

Thats funny because I do.

I have seen him a lot

CBF

Yes, you should, if you can spare it and want too. The point is that someone was trying to put a downer on a successful campaign that may have saved a life but at the very least saved a marriage. The world is always going to be a place where if you help in one place you didn't help in another place of need. You can't feel guilty about that if you helped out since you a least helped out.

Feel proud for giving something back to someone who gave you loads of memories and emotions, help out others if you can.

Of course. The intention of my question was rhetorical.

Give to anyone you want. Sad that Talley gets 3x more from Buffalo, thats all.

Thats funny because I do.

I have seen him a lot

CBF

I never did.

This.

Yeah, a guy that made millions and now has nothing. There was no explanation how he lost millions. Sorry for the confusion.

Give to anyone you want. Sad that Talley gets 3x more from Buffalo, thats all.

I never did.

Yeah, a guy that made millions and now has nothing. There was no explanation how he lost millions. Sorry for the confusion.

I know you're just trolling at this point, but having spent some time with Darryl I can tell you that he lost his money because his business was hit hard by the recession and he used his personal finances to make his payroll and take care of his employees. The right business move would have been to file for bankruptcy, but as Jim Kelly will attest to, that route also comes with much public scorn.

There was a hell of a lot of explanation. Just because you weren't paying attention, doesn't mean it wasn't explained.

I know you're just trolling at this point, but having spent some time with Darryl I can tell you that he lost his money because his business was hit hard by the recession and he used his personal finances to make his payroll and take care of his employees. The right business move would have been to file for bankruptcy, but as Jim Kelly will attest to, that route also comes with much public scorn.

Did I miss something?

Did Jim ever file for bankruptcy?

CBF

There was a hell of a lot of explanation. Just because you weren't paying attention, doesn't mean it wasn't explained.

Go ahead and educate me then.

Oh boy. The story doesn't add up. But good for the Talley's.

Who is next broke former Bill we take of? There is a long list.

Watch it.....

CBF

The article by Tim Graham did the job. Talley got the medical attention needed. He got hired by the Bills. The NFL disability program will take care of him. Hope Talley donates that $150,000 to a great cause of his choice. Now that would be a happy ending. Edited by TheTruthHurts