GoFundMe for Darryl Talley (Update 7/12- Bills Hire Darryl)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get some of you. The memories I have of Darryl Talley are priceless. One of my all time favorite Bills. We all struggle. I'm on the verge of bankruptcy since I retired. I simply cannot pay all my bills but I can squeeze out a small donation for someone who is a part of our "family" and is struggling. This isn't about the money he made when he played, or decisions that were made since, it's about helping one of our own and doing something good to help someone in need. I just don't get it. Spent more than half my life defending this country and the opinions of some make me sick and ashamed. Especially some of the comments made on his GoFundMe page. If you don't want to give or don't believe in the cause don't chastise us that do and keep you damn opinions to yourself. <end rant>

Setup a fund for someone who gets a $50,000 pension from the league? Someone who cashed in his 401k for $0.25 on the dollar? For a pro athlete who had a 14 year run of making pro athlete money?

Look I hope for the best for everyone and I hope his situation gets better for himself and his family. But every man needs to accept responsibility for their decisions and for their lives......and that entire article by Tim Graham rubbed me the wrong way. Blaming Butler for not resigning him when he said he would. Saying the NFL doesn't care about him......it honestly all sounds like sour grapes to me.

I feel the same. A long career making big amounts plus a $50,000/year pension? I find it hard to feel sorry for him. He knew his career path and the risks involved.

I just don't get some of you. The memories I have of Darryl Talley are priceless. One of my all time favorite Bills. We all struggle. I'm on the verge of bankruptcy since I retired. I simply cannot pay all my bills but I can squeeze out a small donation for someone who is a part of our "family" and is struggling. This isn't about the money he made when he played, or decisions that were made since, it's about helping one of our own and doing something good to help someone in need. I just don't get it. Spent more than half my life defending this country and the opinions of some make me sick and ashamed. Especially some of the comments made on his GoFundMe page. If you don't want to give or don't believe in the cause don't chastise us that do and keep you damn opinions to yourself. <end rant>

Here here!

And thank you for your service!

CBF

mary wilson might be an option to step in and help Daryl too.

seems like a solid lady and a newly minted billionaire. hopefully Daryl's story has reached her.

she could discreetly handle his financial situation, but unfortunately his real struggle is the brain trauma and its effects on his mind.

hang in there 56! Bills should have him lead the charge against Green Bay, our last home game. He needs to get back in the arena and feel the love from the fans.

Great post. USMC.