Bills D rankings

PromoTheRobot

As of Week 12:

#4 in yards allowed (3434/312.2 ypg) (#1 in AFC)

#4 in points allowed (207/18.8 ppg) (#2 in AFC)

#5 in passing yards (2352/213.8 ypg) (#3 in AFC)

#8 in rushing yards (1082/98.4 ypg) (#3 in AFC...oddly enough Jets are #4, #1 in AFC)

#5 in interceptions (13) (#1 in AFC)

#5 in fumbles (9) (#4 in AFC)

#3 in takeaways (22) (#1 in AFC)

#4 in turnover differential (+8) (#2 in AFC)

And that's the sad part. An historically great defense wasted by an historically bad offense. Hopefully we can sign both Dareus and Hughes and keep the ball rolling. And lest we forget, the RETURN OF KIKOOOOOOOO!!!

Yup, that's how it's gone for the Bills for the past 20yrs. When one side is good, the other is poor and vice/versa. And when we're bad all-around we're never bad enough to get a #1 or #2 pick. Oh well.

I confess I was a little worried about Schwartz when we first hired him. His defensive rankings fluctuated up and down over the years with the quality of the personnel. I guess you could say that about any coach but it seemed like it might have been more a case of his players making him look good than vice versa.

I liked Pettine's aggressive, deceptive scheme and thought Schwatz was too plain jane. He's proving me wrong. We lost both Byrd and Kiko and only got better.

Hahaha. I don't wanna re-post in every thread, but yea they are 1st in 3rd down and in sacks. Those who feared Schwartz was the second coming of Wanny needn't have worried.

I wonder though if he really is the second coming of wanny, only he has much better players. Unlike wanny, Schwartz has an elite pass rusher opposite Mario, three run-stopping linebackers, and a secondary with a lot of depth.

What is the NFL record for team sacks in a year?

I must admit I was also leery of Schwartz, and his "wide nine" defense that gave up far to many rushing yards for the sake of a better pass rush. That isn't happening in Buffalo this season.

Plus I was starting to get that same old Dave Wannstedt feeling when he just rushed the front four against San Diego, and wasn't blitzing on third down. Since then the defense has gotten better as the season progressed.

Some tough games ahead tho, with all teams atop their respective divisions Cleveland 7-4, at Denver 8-3, Green bay 8-3, New England at 9-2 with the devil himself at QB. Only the Raiders on the road look like an easy win.

I must admit I was also leery of Schwartz, and his "wide nine" defense that gave up far to many rushing yards for the sake of a better pass rush. That isn't happening in Buffalo this season.

Plus I was starting to get that same old Dave Wannstedt feeling when he just rushed the front four against San Diego, and wasn't blitzing on third down. Since then the defense has gotten better as the season progressed.

Some tough games ahead tho, with all teams atop their respective divisions Cleveland 7-4, at Denver 8-3, Green bay 8-3, New England at 9-2 with the devil himself at QB. Only the Raiders on the road look like an easy win.

cleveland we can win, denver we can win, green bay we will probably get mauled, and maybe when NE rolls around they will be resting their starters

i see us playing green bay tough. they give up yards.

Rogers is on fire again this year, his only 3 picks have been balls that have bounced off his receivers hands or been tipped. The guy is unbelievable at avoiding the INT.

Eli Manning has thrown more picks in a single game this year than Rogers will throw all season.

We have 3 of the top 7 on the sack list. No other team has 2.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks

1Justin Houston, LBKC 13.0

2Elvis Dumervil, LBBAL 12.5

3 Connor Barwin, LBPHI 12.5

4Mario Williams, DEBUF 12.0

5Von Miller, LBDEN14 10.0

6 Marcell Dareus, DTBUF 10.0

7Jerry Hughes, DEBUF 9.5

Not only do we have three in the top seven but we have the only down linemen in the group. The rest are linebackers.